Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

The problem is some of the older people who have been going for years think they are better than other fans. Remember a few years ago at Blackburn away, one middle aged woman was telling people to sit down in front of her, whereas the woman next to me, who must have been in her 80s, stood next to me for the full 90. There's nothing wrong with the lad mentality. Burnley away I was a few of the 'lads' and the goading and banter just made the atmosphere ten times better. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The problem is some of the older people who have been going for years think they are better than other fans. Remember a few years ago at Blackburn away, one middle aged woman was telling people to sit down in front of her, whereas the woman next to me, who must have been in her 80s, stood next to me for the full 90. There's nothing wrong with the lad mentality. Burnley away I was a few of the 'lads' and the goading and banter just made the atmosphere ten times better. 

Wouldn't restrict this to 'older' fans. A few of those that go away from home think they're better than everyone else and that every should follow as they do

42 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Have a think back 5/10 years to the dynamic of our away ends and compare them to the clientele that were at West Ham. I think you have the wrong idea of who's been "driven away". I've got a list as long as my arm of people who used to go every week that packed up aways in the last couple of seasons because the support has fallen off a cliff. 

Driven away being about people like the guy I quoted slating people for not wanting to stand. Think it's probably a case of both types of people being pushed away 

I can kinda remember away ends from 5 years ago; a lot more smoke flairs, but 10 years ago and 12 year old me didnt go to away games ?

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Driven away being about people like the guy I quoted slating people for not wanting to stand. Think it's probably a case of both types of people being pushed away 

I can kinda remember away ends from 5 years ago; a lot more smoke flairs, but 10 years ago and 12 year old me didnt go to away games ?

I hate the term *snowflake* but this rubbish comes pretty close to that. No excuses. Support your team or not but don’t slag off fellow fans. If there are enough lads prepared to start the chants the others will soon join in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

15 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm an older person (60) and I certainly don't think I'm better than the majority of supporters (barring the prawn sandwich brigade at the legends lounge seats) who I had the unfortunate recent  experience of spending an afternoon with for my birthday. Someone much younger  behind me complained to a steward that I dared to stand up early  when vardy scored, causing them to miss the goal, and I was told I would be on CCTV for the rest of the game.

I think the main point I'm making is, there are younger supporters that are just as bad if not worse than some of the older ones. What I would say though is I spent most Saturday's standing in the Filbo kop during the 70s and 80s and there's no comparison to the comparatively sedate atmosphere these days. Still miss it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

I hate the term *snowflake* but this rubbish comes pretty close to that. No excuses. Support your team or not but don’t slag off fellow fans. If there are enough lads prepared to start the chants the others will soon join in.

In what way don't slag off fellow fans?

I hear moronic things that make me question fellow fans. People that don't sing yet will happily boo their own player on or off the field, that annoys me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

In what way don't slag off fellow fans?

I hear moronic things that make me question fellow fans. People that don't sing yet will happily boo their own player on or off the field, that annoys me.

That's a fair point, assuming that all those that don't sing all boo our own players. Just let it go over your head Fox92. Save your energy for complimenting and encouraging those that do make the effort. Has been good in the past and can be good again, provided Brendan gets the side on the front foot.   

On 27/04/2019 at 18:33, FoxesDeb said:

It really irks me when I see myself described here as a supposedly 'quiet' fan. Female, nearly middle aged, probably middle class, and have often taken my son and daughter 

None of these things prevent me from singing, swearing is easily explained to my children as being OK for adults but not for them. They have been taught this anyway, it's not exclusive to the football. 

Still get told to be quiet, looked at strangely if I sing, and was told 'that's not very ladylike' when shouting 'get into em, fvck em up' when we played AM in the CL. 

I see plenty of young lads talking amongst themselves or on their phones or disappearing way before half time. 

There's not a certain type of person who wants to support the team, only people who are vocal and those who aren't. That's just life though isn't it? 

Potty mouth! 

Love it lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...