Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

What's in the news?

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm not aware anyone has said we shouldn't honour the vote if Corbyn is elected or have I missed something? 

My point is he'd rather stand by a PM he has no confidence in, than allow a democratic process to get this sorted. 

Just now, RobHawk said:

My point is he'd rather stand by a PM he has no confidence in, than allow a democratic process to get this sorted. 

Surely that goes the same for Labour? 

About 170 of their MP's have already delivered a no confidence vote in Corbyn.

The last thing we need at the minute is an election, won't solve anything. 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Surely that goes the same for Labour? 

About 170 of their MP's have already delivered a no confidence vote in Corbyn.

The last thing we need at the minute is an election, won't solve anything. 

Yeah your probably right. I'll get off my Rees mogg soap box now

Yes, we'll work with the government as long as a no-deal brexit is not on the table. The house won't agree to the only deal the eu will agree to, so it'll end up being another referendum which, if it goes the other way, will piss of 17 million uk citizens, many of whom are probably willing to march and riot on london. Now's the time to open a union jack shop.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, we'll work with the government as long as a no-deal brexit is not on the table. The house won't agree to the only deal the eu will agree to, so it'll end up being another referendum which, if it goes the other way, will piss of 17 million uk citizens, many of whom are probably willing to march and riot on london. Now's the time to open a union jack shop.

It's still enshrined into law we leave on no deal if a deal can't be reached, so she can't rule it out.

I know as soon as Corbyn was offered talks on this he'd throw in something like that to make sure he has no responsibility to do it. That's why she never bothered in the first place.

I'm still baffled as to why Labour called this? What was the point?

If anything it's united the Tory party (at least for a short time) whilst they were on the verge of killing each other over the vote yesterday. 

Seems to me that the great British public have either effected a silent revolution for the greater good of the Nation and democracy, or ****ed the country.

Whatever her lip service to us, the plebs, TM is not a person who listens to anyone except those that will back her and then only if it fits with her need to cling on to power. She says she will deliver Brexit because that's what the country voted for but she still fails to gain any sort of reasonable deal. The EU still hold us to ransom. She's desperate to remain as PM. Desperate. 

Unfortunately she's between a rock and a hard place. All I would like is for her to be genuine and honest and so far she hasn't been. She's been focused on self preservation. She needs to see what is going on against her. Despite the failure of the No Confidence vote, how much longer can she carry on?

1 minute ago, MattP said:

I'm still baffled as to why Labour called this? What was the point?

If anything it's united the Tory party (at least for a short time) whilst they were on the verge of killing each other over the vote yesterday. 

I wouldn't go that far, it's united them in the fact they know it'd be a long time to get back into government if the GE was called.

8 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I wouldn't go that far, it's united them in the fact they know it'd be a long time to get back into government if the GE was called.

The opposition is led by Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, even if they did somehow manage to lose to that it would be five years at the most.

Something unsavoury about Gove and Rees-Mogg.

Standard Y front wearers that use a pair that is far too big than necessary

and then proceed to hoist them as far up their torso as far as possible.

Sex would be a duty rather than a source of enjoyment and on a beautiful

summer's day they'd rather be poring over some dusty book in the Public School library

than out enjoying themselves. 

• Haha 1

This will go to another referendum.  

Second time round it would be nice to see truths being told rather than lies.  Quite an important decision to get right.

The fact that there are people out there who would back a No Deal baffles me.  The value of the pound has been troubled for ages and a No Deal takes us over the edge and into oblivion.  Say goodbye to reasonably priced holidays abroad.

If we rule out the No Deal option we have zero bargaining power. We might just as well say to the EU tell us what you'll let us have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

It's not really a good look to spend the last two days whinging about the lack of cross party talks to then refuse them when you are invited

So obvious he was going to do it as well, no intention whatsoever of talking. 

8 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

This will go to another referendum.  

Second time round it would be nice to see truths being told rather than lies.  Quite an important decision to get right.

The fact that there are people out there who would back a No Deal baffles me.  The value of the pound has been troubled for ages and a No Deal takes us over the edge and into oblivion.  Say goodbye to reasonably priced holidays abroad.

Many who voted leave just want a decent job, not a cheap holiday.

It may well end up at a second referendum but so much has to happen before that, the Tories simply can't oversee it as it would destroy them, so before that outcome we need a GE and for the Conservatives to lose it.

There is actually little support for it, the media are making it out to be far bigger than it is because people like Blair, Major and Mandelson won't shut up - just 71 Labour MP's back it and about 10 Tories, so it's still about 150 short.