Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Time for Puel to go

I'm still officially on the fence with him, I like some of the things he has done, I hate some of the things he does.

If he does toss tonight away playing guys like Simpson and Choudary then I'm in the out camp.

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm still officially on the fence with him, I like some of the things he has done, I hate some of the things he does.

If he does toss tonight away playing guys like Simpson and Choudary then I'm in the out camp.

I'm feeling a bit the same, I'm trying to retain the long term outlook but if we decide to rest fully fit first team players in a cup quarter final, that's bordering on unforgivable for me. 

No Vardy starting is fine for me if the physio team think we risk losing him for another month or two. If we bring in Simpson, Choudary, Diabate and more dross like that then we may as well just forfeit the game and save everybody the bother of going to the game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

I am the same.   If he plays a weakened side tonight including pitting Wes against their forwards, I will jump off the fence and be voting out. Ward can play though:ph34r:

It is time for him and the Team to step up the to plate and do Vichai's memory honors.

4 minutes ago, mucfox said:

THE SPECIAL ONE is free - the perfect replacement for CP

if he was now how he was during his first tenure as chelsea manager i'd welcome him in a heartbeat.

12 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The new favourite to be sacked next at 5/2.

Didn't understand his decision at all to play Vardy against Palace, and not tonight in a game that is far more important. First half tonight we were dire, second half we had a bit more invention in our attacking play and Puels decision to sub Ghezzal for Albrighton worked very well. We had a chance to play our strongest side and get into a semi final in a domestic cup competition. 

I was very hopeful when Puel took over and his initial month or so in charge we were playing great football and looked good. Unfortunately we have been going downhill for too long now. I think Puel has took us as far as he can, and now is the time for a new manager. 

• Like 3

Sat right behind him today, showed a lot of aggression and annoyance when players passed back.... but it made me wonder, if he’s not telling to do that why the **** are they??? Just not brave enough? Scared of making mistakes? Or just because they had a pretend footballer to aim at up front? 

Either the book rests with him for the way he sets us up or it rests with him because the players don’t respect him enough to do what is being asked.

Either way he didn’t learn from last year and left us out to dry again tonight. We’ve dropped points all season and I don’t expect us to take anything over Xmas. 

Id be surprised / appalled if he’s still with us by the Newport game.

Thought Gray put himself about today, Hamza was decent in the second half, Nacho is not a Prem striker.

Not going to knock them for the dire penalties taken, just feel deflated as I think most were at the end.

Thought it was nice of the Mancs to have that banner for Vichai.

Edited by ithuriel

People who seem to want him to remain talk about the transition or that they like how he's trying to change the style. But they talk as if there's no one out there who could complete that transition but do it whilst being insipiring/having a connection to the fan base, being more adventurous in style of play and playing our strongest in cup quarter-finals at home.

Sacking Puel doesn't mean this transition all ends. We're not bought into something that Claude Puel is only guy on planet earth can do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Didn't understand his decision at all to play Vardy against Palace, and not tonight in a game that is far more important.

We had a chance to play our strongest side and get into a semi final in a domestic cup competition. 

100% this.

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

People who seem to want him to remain talk about the transition or that they like how he's trying to change the style. But they talk as if there's no one out there who could complete that transition but do it whilst being insipiring/having a connection to the fan base, being more adventurous in style of play and playing our strongest in cup quarter-finals at home.

Sacking Puel doesn't mean this transition all ends. We're not bought into something that Claude Puel is only guy on planet earth can do.

And 100% this.

my biggest issue  with him was one of the things that used to get my goat about Pearson. 

Some bizare tactical/selection  decisions .  if you add to that an absolute inability to be flexible to the skillset he has available then it really does cancel out the positives- his trust in youth and  bringing  them into the first team.

why rely on a formation that seems set up to get crosses into the box when you get rid of your target men and don’t have a striker that is renowned for their heading ability?

why have a system of one up front  that demands creativity to make up the shortfall and play  2 DMs in a modified CM of 3?

the difference between Pearson and Puel of course is that Pearson was able to motivate the players to play for him pretty much every game.

Edited by MPH

May I just say that most managers are fu*ked before they start. They have a very short chance with any team. We are short of options, short of a profile good enough to attract a better manger, and short on better fans that can support what we've already got. 

"disillusion Leicester we always sing that".  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

May I just say that most managers are fu*ked before they start. They have a very short chance with any team. We are short of options, short of a profile good enough to attract a better manger, and short on better fans that can support what we've already got. 

"disillusion Leicester we always sing that".  

Can’t see that catching on to be fair! 

He might be really good and until we are in a position where we look like we may go down then I support him. We all accepted Ranieri’s sacking because it was clear where it was heading and let’s be fair he achieved the unexpected and incredible. I want to say give Puel a couple more seasons and he will create something. I may be wrong but what have we got to lose?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

He might be really good and until we are in a position where we look like we may go down then I support him. We all accepted Ranieri’s sacking because it was clear where it was heading and let’s be fair he achieved the unexpected and incredible. I want to say give Puel a couple more seasons and he will create something. I may be wrong but what have we got to lose?

The will to watch football anymore? 

1 minute ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Premier league status. Our manager is in his second season. I just can't get my head around our fans who think we should be world beaters. 

• Like 2