Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed? Poll

Should Claude Puel be sacked?  

772 members have voted

1. 1. Should Claude Puel be sacked or backed?

• Sack.
    • Keep him and back him in the transfer window.

11 minutes ago, Hammo said:

'Prior to the title win' was then. This is now. Times have changed, as have expectations.

Which is understandable, is it not, given that we won the title, reached the quarter finals of the Champions League and spent over £100m in the last transfer window alone.

We were an ambitious, forward-reaching club under Vichai, and Top has promised to build on his father's legacy.

Once we aim lower, we will end up lower. Are you more comfortable with that? I doubt Top is.

NB Look at Man City now and where they were a few years ago. I can't see their fans subscribing to your argument, so why should we?

Can’t compare us to Man City.Bigger club,much much richer owner and have well and truly cemented themselves in the elite.Unless something goes well and truly pear shaped they will never get relegated.Leicester on the other hand will get relegated sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Why do people keep bringing up Allarydce, Moyes etc...? 

If we wanted to go that route we would have before now. 

There are more managers out there 

Because have we ever appointed someone who didn't either manage us before or apply for the job? 

So, managed before - Sousa, Sven or Nigel. Applications will be the usual raft of dull premier league merry go rounds (Hughes, Allardyce, Pardew). If we looked like we'd headhunt an exciting young manager rather than going with proven failures grand, but unless they apply history says they probably won't get chosen

9 minutes ago, Hammo said:

'Prior to the title win' was then. This is now. Times have changed, as have expectations.

Which is understandable, is it not, given that we won the title, reached the quarter finals of the Champions League and spent over £100m in the last transfer window alone.

We were an ambitious, forward-reaching club under Vichai, and Top has promised to build on his father's legacy.

Once we aim lower, we will end up lower. Are you more comfortable with that? I doubt Top is.

NB Look at Man City now and where they were a few years ago. I can't see their fans subscribing to your argument, so why should we?

It took Man City years to get where they are, and they are backed by a country, not a mere billionaire with other demands on his money. 

The title win was an anomoly, not the start of Premier League domination. We are moving forward - albeit slowly - but that’s not good enough for some of you. The lack of realism is laughable - the players it’s suggested we sign, the managers we should just go and get - we are the same small club we were before the title win and if we are ever going to be more than that it will require time and most of all patience. 

Roma wasn’t built in a day. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Give him the window I say, I think he knows what he needs... takes time to build a team... Rome wasn’t built in a day 

Why give him the window? He has already said he's happy with his squad and doesn't intend to add to it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, L Blocker said:

Why give him the window? He has already said he's happy with his squad and doesn't intend to add to it

It'd be daft of him to say he was desperate to sign players if he was. And he can add two players to his squad - Benkovic and Barnes - without buying anyone, just as he can off-load a few unneeded players and trouble-makers. That could have an impact too. So he can have an excellent window without signing anyone.

For me, the odd thing about this window is that I'm not worried about outgoings. If someone came in with 50m for Maguire, Maddison, 40m for Gray, Ndidi, or 30p for Slimani, Silva, then I wouldn't weep about it. That's not to say that I want Maguire, Maddison, Gray or Ndidi gone - not at all - just that it wouldn't necessarily derail us any more than we've already managed to derail ourselves.

Edited by inckley fox

25 years ago eyes would be pointed at Chris Wilder.How things  have changed.At least he wouldn’t be obsessed with formations.5 out field players who do most of the attacking and the other 5 do most the defending.Maybe try something different like getting the ball to the byline and cutting it back.Even David Pleat got his teams to do that ?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

It took Man City years to get where they are, and they are backed by a country, not a mere billionaire with other demands on his money. 

The title win was an anomoly, not the start of Premier League domination. We are moving forward - albeit slowly - but that’s not good enough for some of you. The lack of realism is laughable - the players it’s suggested we sign, the managers we should just go and get - we are the same small club we were before the title win and if we are ever going to be more than that it will require time and most of all patience. 

Roma wasn’t built in a day. 

The basis of your argument is that we are 'moving forward' with Puel. The way I see it, and obviously I am far from alone, is that we are stagnating under his management, perhaps even going backwards. Patience is a virtue, but it also runs out. It's running out fast for Puel because there is so little evidence of progress. We have not put in one impressive 90 minute performance all season.

I hate all this big club/small club nonsense. At the moment the team is not satisfying the club's or (many, perhaps most) fans' ambition. If you are happy with less, then fine, but please don't use patronising terms like 'laughable' when questioning the aspirations of others who, probably like you, only want what is best for their club.

• Thanks 1

Ok here’s  what I think,

if it had come from above ie Top that we should be concentrating on youth and playing this way to plan for the future then great I get that.

But if not and Puel is setting the team up to play this style of football then he has to go as the players can’t be happy and neither are the fans.

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Reality Check 

WE ARE NOT MAN CITY 

secondly TOP won’t be splashing cash like his dad , it’s going to be a game of chess for that young man now , he has so much on his plate , I can’t see him here in 5 years time

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Maybe what it says is that since the title win, a section of our support have got the idea that we are a sleeping giant of a club that belongs in the top six by right.

Do you not remember the days before 2016? Be careful what you wish for.

I want to see entertaining football, played by capable players with tactics both they and we can understand and not the boring negative dross being served up under Puel. Is that too much to wish for? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Prior to the title win, just being in the Prem would have been enough to make people happy - mid-table with no chance of relegation and in the QF of the League Cup would have been viewed as a success.

That's why.

So are you confident that we will not slide into a relegation scrap? just how many points do you think we are going to over the next five matches?

10 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Reality Check 

WE ARE NOT MAN CITY 

secondly TOP won’t be splashing cash like his dad , it’s going to be a game of chess for that young man now , he has so much on his plate , I can’t see him here in 5 years time

And you know all this because?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

So are you confident that we will not slide into a relegation scrap? just how many points do you think we are going to over the next five matches?

Yes, we have a 12 point cushion. 

What you should ask yourself is how many points Huddesfield et al will get in their next five matches. 

• Like 1