Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I'd rather rest him tomorrow if he isn't 100%. 2 games in a few days could flare up the injury going into some big games l

We are getting nothing from Chelsea anyway, we are mid table, aren't qualifying for Europe through the league or going down.

The cups should now be the priority for this season, even more so given what's happened off the pitch.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I'd rather rest him tomorrow if he isn't 100%. 2 games in a few days could flare up the injury going into some big games l

Rather rest him for the two league games against Chelsea and City because we'll lose both of those with or without him! 

• Like 2

Just now, harpendenfox said:

Whatever we think of the manager, for someone to leak team information the night before a game is not on

True but just proves the respect for the manger is not there otherwise  this wouldn't happen.

43 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Having not scored a goal in open play to get this far (some people were actually lauding the fact we were in the QF ffs) but winning those two games, it would be nothing short of disgraceful to be in a semi final.

No doubt Puel, the world’s luckiest manager will shithouse a win against all the odds.

Cue glassy-eyed stare and maniacal laughter. 

You seem moderately unhinged NTML

• Like 1

On 15/12/2018 at 20:56, Sir Shep said:

Mahrez will surely score if he plays, some melts in the crowd will boo him despite the fact that he’s a legend, no doubt we will raise our game like we usually do against a good team but their quality will be too much I fear. 

Thats just about right

Again going back to when we rested players against Fulham so we could go 'full strength' v Spurs, chances are tomorrow is more winnable and arguably more important in terms of leading us on to things/making the season somewhat of a success, rather than the Chelsea or Man City league games that most people (Me included) have rightly or wrongly almost wrote off.

So why is he resting/dropping him tomorrow?

It's just baffles people and it's things like this he really doesn't help himself with.

We rested/dropped Vardy and other last season, against Man City, at this stage, deja vu.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Simpson, Choudhary & Iheanacho all set to start then, putting out a weakened side for a cup quarter final in order to rest first teamers for the inevitable loss to Chelsea away. Lovely. 

Not sure what our weak side would look like at the moment. We look weak with our best players playing.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MattP said:

We are getting nothing from Chelsea anyway, we are mid table, aren't qualifying for Europe through the league or going down.

The cups should now be the priority for this season, even more so given what's happened off the pitch.

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Rather rest him for the two league games against Chelsea and City because we'll lose both of those with or without him! 

I'd love us to go for the cup over the league as i really think we have a chance.

But, the minute league performances drop due to cup prioritising, people will be screaming that he needs to be gone. Yet if he did the opposite the same would happen. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Sorry, when did people decide this game had become winnable? The first few pages were all talking of us being thrashed and barely getting into their half and this was when it was expected Vardy would start.

Because with Vardy starting our odds of winning increase from 5000/1 to 4999/1...

Don't snatch that tiny,  minuscule chance of a miracle away from us!