Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Available Managers should Puel get the sack

I'll support any manager who can:

1) Keep us in the Premier League

2) Play, improve and sticky by academy youth players

3) Has a reputation for point two

So far I can only see Puel. But I'm open to suggestions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Other than Chillwell have any of the academy players improved?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Barnes and Hamza have, we've also signed youthful players who are looking good, Benkovic for example. Diabate needs time but has looked good at times. Gray has improved his all round play. 

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

For me, a manager has to be seen to be moving the team/club forward

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Barnes and Hamza have, we've also signed youthful players who are looking good, Benkovic for example. Diabate needs time but has looked good at times. Gray has improved his all round play. 

I thought Hamza looked really good end of last season and is unlucky to not get a start, I can't see how gray has improved though, looks to be going backwards to me

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

Under Puel though, I would say Gray has slightly improved but he is still inconsistent, Diabate is just average at this level, and I don’t think he is good enough imo. 

Hamza is okay, in the odd game he has played for us but he needs a loan spell at the championship, and then maybe he will be ready.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Well youth, yes. Gray slightly. Amartey too. Hamza also looked a prem level player last season. Find me a manager who can do that and I'll support him. His reputation with other youth players at Monaco is very impressive too.

Our academy and appeal to youth players is so important for our future unless we start skimming the relegation zone we need to be careful. If we get into the relegation zone though I'll take pretty much anyone though!

1 minute ago, katieakita said:

Cannot see him leaving but if he is replaced push the boat out and go for Zidane

Yeah, pop in a cheeky bid for Toni Kroos in January as well. Zidane will be one of the front runners when Jose gets sacked again, which is only a few months away. Why wouldn't he hold out for that?

22 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Does not have to be. Who would you want?

That's a very open question because you're asking who'd I'd have out of every coach in the world, and tbh, it's this week that's pushed me over the edge, so I've given it no thought as to a particular person. 

But I'm fed up with us doing nothing in games. If we're gonna lose, let's go down m all guns blazing. A 2-0 defeat to spurs isn't a shock, but the manner of it was depressing. We did well to restrict them to two shots, which they scored from, but we created nothing ourselves. If you create nothing you'll never win games, no matter how much you stifle the opponent. Last two games have proven that.

39 minutes ago, THEBIGJOHNSTEADER; said:

Get someone in with personality, a bit of razzmatazz, a good Christmas special for christ sake. The manager is the lifeblood of the club, that’s the way- not orthodox, someone who doesn’t live by “the rules” you know. And if there’s one other person I think could influence this squad in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who gives the finger to the system, then, it’s Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say “that’s what I think of Claude’s tactics and selection policy, yes I’ve hit the odd copper, yes I’ve enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I’m walking down  the Narborough Road to the King Power stadium for some spastics

I’ve missed you. ? 

With these 'better talented' managerial suggestions on here, there'll be even more expectation on them to succeed quicker than the time that Puel has been given.

Which may not be appropriate, as if the club lose their first one or two games under the 'better' manager - he'll face even more scrutiny that Puel has had to endure at the moment.