Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

Available Managers should Puel get the sack

45 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'll support any manager who can:

1) Keep us in the Premier League

2) Play, improve and sticky by academy youth players

3) Has a reputation for point two

So far I can only see Puel. But I'm open to suggestions. 

How many Academy Players has Puel introduced into the side this season ?

1 hour ago, THEBIGJOHNSTEADER; said:

Get someone in with personality, a bit of razzmatazz, a good Christmas special for christ sake. The manager is the lifeblood of the club, that’s the way- not orthodox, someone who doesn’t live by “the rules” you know. And if there’s one other person I think could influence this squad in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who gives the finger to the system, then, it’s Ian Botham. Because Beefy will happily say “that’s what I think of Claude’s tactics and selection policy, yes I’ve hit the odd copper, yes I’ve enjoyed the old dooby, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I’m walking down  the Narborough Road to the King Power stadium for some spastics

Wouldn’t it be wiser to take an ex footballer as manager though than an ex cricketer? 

It's hard to know what the problem is. Is it that these players can't play this style of football effectively? Is it confidence? Is it a single missing link? Is it that Puel was wrong, this style of football isn't the way to achieve top-half sustainability? Is it simply that we need more time? Is it Puel himself?

Where I'm clear is that there is a problem. Denying it is silly.

But it's hard to know where the serpent's head is. The midfield two looked dreadful, but does that mean they're the wrong pairing? Perhaps the problem is also a style of play which doesn't suit Ndidi, or a lack of confidence, or the miserable lack of movement, creativity, ability to develop play in the opposition's half from the three attacking midfielders in front of them?

And then you come on to the three attacking midfielders. These are the guys who have to do far more to create for whichever striker we've selected, and I have to confess that, while I rate both Gray and Maddison, the media praise for them has been disproportionate. Neither are the finished product, both should be fighting for their places. I sighed a huge sigh when I heard Maddison being compared to Hoddle, because it's not what I think he needs to hear. And yes, there's an argument that, when our three AMs have created so little this season (adding Ghezzal, Albrighton etc. to the equation), we should be thinking of alternatives. Either new players, or the attacking midfielder we have out on loan.

The system's another question mark. Often it's closer to a very defensive 4-5-1 with Vardy isolated than a 4-2-3-1. Too much of our possession is deep, we surrender it too easily, box ourselves into corners, we struggle to get a physical presence into the box, or delivery to match the striker's needs. Our full backs are more like wing backs, the system doesn't allow us to play the three very capable CBs we have at our disposal, and Vardy is largely uninvolved. And it's pointless saying 'no, it isn't negative', because it really is. We used to defend corners with 2-3 men upfield, now 11 are in the box and we're shakier than ever. I could give more examples. Equally, claiming that Vardy is the problem because he isn't converting chances is absurd, because last year he was as clinical as any striker in the PL and it's insane to expect him to maintain that indefinitely.

Equally, I don't buy the argument that our players let the manager down. Our personnel has changed so much over the past few years that I don't know who it is we're blaming. Vardy? If it wasn't for his almost superhuman chances to goals ratio last year, Puel would have been fired. Schmeichel? He was nominated for World Goalkeeper of the Year. Morgan? Regardless of the unfair criticism, he's been one of our best players recently. People come back to this point - that players are to blame - to bail the manager out, but it doesn't stand up. Even Ranieri rubbished the idea that they were a bunch of lazy traitors. And the more established players have achieved enough for us to deserve a little less suspicion and derision.

So it keeps coming back to the manager. And it's perfectly possible that our situation over the past few years is this simple: our title winning side and manager struggled to cope with the enormity of their achievement, some players expired, others left, the manager became erratic and the next manager simply wasn't qualified for the job. His successor, inheriting a 14th placed side which would be 11th by the end of his first match, simply hasn't been the right man to take us forward so far. Our points return over the past 12 months, rather than 3 matches or 10 or 20, is a clear indication of that.

That doesn't mean we fire him right away - after all, you can argue that expectations of top six are a little too lofty, considering our investment, and you can argue that this is a younger side which will naturally improve - it just means something fundamental has to change if we're to have a positive season.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, pop in a cheeky bid for Toni Kroos in January as well. Zidane will be one of the front runners when Jose gets sacked again, which is only a few months away. Why wouldn't he hold out for that?

Like I said cannot see him leaving and more important to who we want is who wants to come to us, there is a hell of a lot worse out there than Puel and for all the moaning nobody on here knows his remit from the club, we have to move on from the PL winning side and it is bloody hard to improve on the best in the league. 

1 hour ago, Blue'nWhiteFox said:

I think our next manager not necessarily should be found in the list of elderly, newly sacked managers. Why not take the chance on a younger person within our own environment, having good knowledge about the club, it's weeknesses, strength and daily sees what should be improved.

My candidate is a playing manager :Kasper Schmeichel

What do you think?

was one of your old names Craig Adams, 22 by any chance?

Wenger's wants back into management in the new year...errrm... just saying.. Shazam !...oh yeah let's not forget Harry's out the jungle now as well...& he's knows all sorts of players...Nico, Crouchey..etc

Edited by The Wizard
  • Haha 1