Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

(Before I get battered for slagging off a young lad, I recall James wesolowski. He was miles ahead at the same age. And cut out a career earning 300 notes a week at Hamilton accies in the end)

Ignoring that he really wasn't, do you not think that maybe a leg break on his debut and his first game back might have screwed up his career a bit (somehow making James look lucky with injuries)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Well, I'm sorry, but the lad is a trier but nothing else.

I wish him well. A local lad and without doubt a 100%er.

His touch is as delicate as a lump hammer. And when he had possession, on almost every occasion he rolled it back to the keeper. With respect, I could do that.

In pissing down conditions, he did however excel at the slide tackle.

No shame in it but I suspect he'll forge a career at league 1/2 level.

(Before I get battered for slagging off a young lad, I recall James wesolowski. He was miles ahead at the same age. And cut out a career earning 300 notes a week at Hamilton accies in the end)

What a bundle of Christmas joy you are. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

His touch is as delicate as a lump hammer. And when he had possession, on almost every occasion he rolled it back to the keeper. With respect, I could do that.

Robbie Savage didn’t make too bad of a career for himself did he....

Nice to see you writing Hamza off before he’s even really started though. Pathetic. 

Wesolowski never made it to the top division, whereas Hamza has already played in it. 

8 hours ago, Lesta blue said:

What a bundle of Christmas joy you are. 

Yeah, I know it comes across like that.

But ain't part of the spin off fun in football is trying to spot upcoming players? Don't we all do that?

I've tried to separate wanting him (and soyuncu) to do well (of course I do) ...with whether, based on what I've seen, I think he will do well.

Just for you, and to be a bit more positive around Christmas, i got  Vardy and Drinky right (at the time Pearson dropped both). Fortunately I got Chilwell wrong . I was CONVINCED Jeff Schlupp had got it (jury still.out?). I won't hear a word against Amartey. And, honestly, when I saw Kante's YouTube show reel in the summer of 2015, I absolutely loved the guy based only on that. I was ecstatic when we signed him (a complete unknown).....point being I don't dismiss a young player for the sake of it or to be contrary. Just an opinion, like

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, I know it comes across like that.

But ain't part of the spin off fun in football is trying to spot upcoming players? Don't we all do that?

I've tried to separate wanting him (and soyuncu) to do well (of course I do) ...with whether, based on what I've seen, I think he will do well.

Just for you, and to be a bit more positive around Christmas, i got  Vardy and Drinky right (at the time Pearson dropped both). Fortunately I got Chilwell wrong . I was CONVINCED Jeff Schlupp had got it (jury still.out?). I won't hear a word against Amartey. And, honestly, when I saw Kante's YouTube show reel in the summer of 2015, I absolutely loved the guy based only on that. I was ecstatic when we signed him (a complete unknown).....point being I don't dismiss a young player for the sake of it or to be contrary. Just an opinion, like

I disagree with your opinions on Hamza but respect your right to a different viewpoint.  Merry Christmas.  X

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

You are entitled to your opinion.

I see it totally differently, the lad is a natural athlete with skill and vision. Combine that with a good work ethic and determination and I think we have an absolute baller on our hands.

2 hours ago, gerrytaggart said:

You are entitled to your opinion.

I see it totally differently, the lad is a natural athlete with skill and vision. Combine that with a good work ethic and determination and I think we have an absolute baller on our hands.

Plus he's a nice lad as well, my brother taught him at school.

Not sure if it's lack of confidence in himself or lack of ability, he's definitely very negative on the ball though. He almost plays as a third centre back at times and barely makes a forward pass. If I was to compare him to a footballer, it'd probably be Eric Dier. He's quite aggressive and likes to win the ball back off the ball and very conservative and safe on the ball

It's not impossible to see him playing that kind of a role but he's not really going to add anything to us that the current 2 do though.

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Surprised at the praise. He had an excellent last 30 minutes but he got made to look an absolute ****ing mug on their goal. 

DeBruyne has made better players than Hamza look like an 'absolute ****ing mug' 

Also, he didn't look like an 'absolute ****ing mug'...he was working back into position over committed himself. State of some people and their comments on here. 

Edited by adam95581
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

DeBruyne has made better players than Hamza look like an 'absolute ****ing mug' 

Also, he didn't look like an 'absolute ****ing mug'...he was working back into position over committed himself. State of some people and their comments on here. 

He was way out of position before De Brunye did his bit. Man City we’re taking the piss out of our right hand side collectively in the first half. 

I aint joining the hype train on a lad whose struggled to hold down a place in a Championship team 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

44 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

IF I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake.

Paolo Maldini.

last ditch sliding challenges are great to get the crowd going but are not the sign of a top top player.

Hope Hamza makes it, certainly as good as Harry Winks!

Someone tell Kante. Turns out he's garbage because he's a tackling machine.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Not sure if it's lack of confidence in himself or lack of ability, he's definitely very negative on the ball though. He almost plays as a third centre back at times and barely makes a forward pass. If I was to compare him to a footballer, it'd probably be Eric Dier. He's quite aggressive and likes to win the ball back off the ball and very conservative and safe on the ball

It's not impossible to see him playing that kind of a role but he's not really going to add anything to us that the current 2 do though.

Until he is given a good chance,..to show,to broaden,to learn,to make mistakes to find his PL rythme and have real gametime...

It's not fair,not of value to jump on any bandwagon,on his PL credentials...A lot of now good players,didn't look like they would

Mature into decent ( must'nt be great!!!). Players..!!   Too many fans go for the easy critic far too early.Thankfully the real-football coaches,

Understand.....the kids that have something,and need patience,while others will never make a 1st team bench....

Amazing we still have fans,who haven't yet learnt from.  Our very own..Vardy and Chilwell, ( even the young Mahrez)

.it would be nice for once,to see major posters on this

Forum to encourage,and to support the up and coming young and even the older potential players,being introduced slowly to the challenge of

1st team football...

Our midfield isnt tearing up no trees,the performances are inconsistent,and a struggling Ndidi.

"Fluffy" for me,   should be given his reins over the festive period...He definitely cant be worse,plus we might gain a player

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Personally I think he's an exciting prospect, the way he played at the end of last season was impressive, but completely different to how he plays in U23's. For the U23's he's allowed to press higher up the pitch as the team plays with a higher tempo (similar to how he started playing in the 2nd half against Man City) rather than simply sitting which Puel seems to prefer his 2 CDMs to do. 

Also for the U23's he has demonstrated a good passing range that he hasn't expressed in the first team, whether that's a confidence thing, or the higher press of the academy allowing him to play higher up the pitch rather than standing on the toes of the CBs, or the lesser quality of opposition at that level, I'm personally leaning towards a combination of the latter two.

Either way for me he has to start, if nothing else he got the crowd going in a similar way to how Vardy does with his aggression and that can make the difference.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Until he is given a good chance,..to show,to broaden,to learn,to make mistakes to find his PL rythme and have real gametime...

It's not fair,not of value to jump on any bandwagon,on his PL credentials...A lot of now good players,didn't look like they would

Mature into decent ( must'nt be great!!!). Players..!!   Too many fans go for the easy critic far too early.Thankfully the real-football coaches,

Understand.....the kids that have something,and need patience,while others will never make a 1st team bench....

Amazing we still have fans,who haven't yet learnt from.  Our very own..Vardy and Chilwell, ( even the young Mahrez)

.it would be nice for once,to see major posters on this

Forum to encourage,and to support the up and coming young and even the older potential players,being introduced slowly to the challenge of

1st team football...

Our midfield isnt tearing up no trees,the performances are inconsistent,and a struggling Ndidi.

"Fluffy" for me,   should be given his reins over the festive period...He definitely cant be worse,plus we might gain a player

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me or not. I doubt you'll find many that advocate patience for young players more than me :)

If you read again you'll see I'm saying he's another Ndidi/Mendy, ideally we need someone more forward thinking on the ball in midfield.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me or not. I doubt you'll find many that advocate patience for young players more than me :)

If you read again you'll see I'm saying he's another Ndidi/Mendy, ideally we need someone more forward thinking on the ball in midfield.

No it wasn't ,I just bounced off your post.

I see where you are. coming from,but I think he covers the ground better,even so a new face a new potential might change the intensity

and give us that something extra...plus Ndidi is struggling,and even if it's considered a small problem,Choudry just might up our passing

Game!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Apparently might be sent out on loan in January... :dunno:

That'd probably be for the best.

If he gets a loan similar to Barnes/Benkovic, then it'll be great experience for him and a run of consistent gametime which he needs.

Staying here, he has at least Mendy, Ndidi and Iborra ahead of him. Silva might be off, but we might also bring someone in (who'd be ahead of him), and there's a chance that we alter formation/style and switch to only 1 DM with Maddison or a creative CM instead.

Long term if he can keep up a consistently high standard then he'll get a shot, absolutely, but he won't have enough opportunities in the league here.

This is going back a page but Fuchs probably put  in more quality ball Tuesday than Chilwell does in 3 games .A good pass is much better than running with the ball.

Chilwell is no way the best left back/wing back England have .

Should make a very good living though.

Hamza likewise a future ahead of him in football but a few sliding tackles to get the crowd going doesn't make him a great player.He was decent defensively but had a solid back 4 behind him but its about getting down the other end which is exactly what Mr Kante was so very good it .Good luck to him keep working hard and we will see in a couple of years.

• Like 1