Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

He is still understandably raw but he definitely impressed, as he did in a number of the games he played in last season. He has a good engine and goot attitude. That suicide pass that Maddison played to him caught him by surprise and he made a mistake, but he also made a fantastic challenge to prevent a goal. He gets around a lot, gets stuck in and isn't overawed. He seems like eventually he will become a regular starter or squad player for us given that he got ahead of Silva yesterday and that Iborra probably returns to Spain either in the summer or when his contract is up.

To me he is more of a box-to-box player like Mendy compared to Ndidi who is very much a "sitter." So I'm not sure Puel would play Mendy and Ndidi together, though why not try it? Puel has run a midfield three against Spurs and now Man City, so I could see him doing the same thing against both Chelsea and the league game against Man City as I think he doesn't want us to get passed to death, even though this has happened in both games so far!

For me the issue isn't if he's good or not, but more that he won't change the team dynamic all that much. Teams play a double pivot for "stability" so that the forward players can take a few more risks as there are always two players there on the turnover. But the problem is that our forward players aren't very creative at all barring Maddison who was very good (penalty apart) last night. Many fans complain about having our two sitters resulting in stifling our creativity and they are right, even if those two might not be the root issue. In an ideal world it would be great to have a player that can fulfill the role that David Silva / De Bruyne do at Man City, where they play in midfield but are there to run the game with great assing and intelligence. But we'd have to go and buy that sort of player as no one we have is in that mould sadly.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Surprised no one has proudly said "one of our own" yet! 

(Or maybe they did and I missed it!)

:scarf:

Could have three academy kids - Chilwell, Hamza and Barnes - on the pitch next season. And two - Elder and Knight - on the bench. Although I'd hope Knight goes on loan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Surprised no one has proudly said "one of our own" yet! 

(Or maybe they did and I missed it!)

:scarf:

Do we ever sing ‘he’s one of our own’ to academy players from outside Leicester? Hamza counts obviously, but for players like Chilwell from MK? Can’t remember if we do or not.

3 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Do we ever sing ‘he’s one of our own’ to academy players from outside Leicester? Hamza counts obviously, but for players like Chilwell from MK? Can’t remember if we do or not.

I thought I heard the 'one of own' chanted last night of Hamza.

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Play a three at Chelsea. Ndidi behind Choudhury and Maddison. It's different but try it.

Puel dont do different. He only picks players who can play in a system that doesnt work.overlooking better players  for his 'project'

Edited by cropstonfox
  • Like 1

Well, I'm sorry, but the lad is a trier but nothing else.

I wish him well. A local lad and without doubt a 100%er.

His touch is as delicate as a lump hammer. And when he had possession, on almost every occasion he rolled it back to the keeper. With respect, I could do that.

In pissing down conditions, he did however excel at the slide tackle.

No shame in it but I suspect he'll forge a career at league 1/2 level.

(Before I get battered for slagging off a young lad, I recall James wesolowski. He was miles ahead at the same age. And cut out a career earning 300 notes a week at Hamilton accies in the end)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Guarantees Silva is gone then. I wonder if Rudkin have got Sporting to cough up the cash.

Hamza had a better game than Iborra. And Hamza's passing is decent.

But out of Ndidi, Mendy and Hamza, Iborra is the only vaguely attacking player (notwithstanding Ndidi's amazing assist).