Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

19 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Agreed. I would play him instead of Ndidi,next game. Better on the ball (although not great) and Wilf seems to have lost the desire to do the running that Hamza will do. 

I am not the biggest Wilf fan but seriously!!!! At times I thought he was the second striker. He was getting forward. Having said that, I don’t know why because can you imagine what would happen if the ball fell to him????? Armageddon that’s what! 

Maybe it's reactionary but I'd love to see Choudhury get a lot more minutes after that performance, and hopefully see us bring in someone who can fit beside him/Ndidi/Mendy who will actually be able to kick us forward when we get stuck in one of those pass all around the back and then either lose it or hoof it aimlessly forward moments. I just don't think Iborra or Silva can do that for whatever reason. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi isn't going to be dropped and the pair of them together is just soul destroying, Mendy is barely any better but he's a bit better getting forward.

Choudhury did do well though tonight.

Myth! Mendy is 5 yards (usually sideways) and a cloud of dust. After tonight, even Wilf is 1 goal and 1 assist better him...

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Myth! Mendy is 5 yards (usually sideways) and a cloud of dust. After tonight, even Wilf is 1 goal and 1 assist better him...

The last game I attended vs Watford, Mendy was all over the pitch and is far more busier and effective than Ndidi. Choudhury plays as an old fashioned sweeper at times, which is a throwback and I'd not be against him playing but at the expense of Ndidi. Truth be told we need a box to box midfielder to play alongside one of these lot.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Different type of player to Ndidi, he's an anchor who drops and mops up with last ditch tackles.

What made him look out of his depth last season was the size difference between him and the senior pro's in the Premier League, he relys on physicality just as much as athletisism but he isn't built like a tank and got manhandled playing with the big boys - there were alot of kids out there for Man City tonight; Zinchenko, Diaz and that other midfielder all had brishes with Hamza and our lad usually came out on top, but later on in the game he was doing really well and plucked the ball off Sterling & Gabby Jesus in dangerous spots - he doesn't look fased by what he's up against mentally, the real test is in the League though where he has to run up against a Dier, Sigurdsson, Fellaini, Milivojevic or Kouyate every week, strong fully grown men. Very impressive tonight.

When his physical attributes reach the same strength as that majestic hair then we got a serious prospect on our hands

I think he fits Puel's style well. More than Iborra or Silva do. However I don't think he is better than Ndidi or Mendy. He is just as defensive as them, but more physical in how he does it. Ndidi gets a lot of interceptions without needing big tackles. I think he has played himself above Silva and Iborra however. He doesn't solve the issue that only Maguire consistently can pass forward with quality though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Our problem from CDM is two things: 

1. Not stopping shots from outside the box

2. No creativity passing forward

Didn’t see a solution to either tonight. Sorry.

This, Hamza was decent but he really didn't help us in the transitions. Him and Ndidi are far too static and Iborra was a passenger around KDB. 

We need a real Box to Box mid or a very good deep lying playmaker. I don't think Hamza fills either role but then again he has time in his side to adapt.

I like what I've seen of Hamza and hope he gets more minutes. It's a shame we've got so many other players in his position, and no decent box-to-box or playmaker CMs.

Perhaps we should be rotating Ndidi/Mendy/Hamza, especially at times like this when the schedule is full. Any 2 of them based on form and fitness, unless we can get someone more creative in.

Was our best player last night for me. The tackle on Gabriel after Maddisons error, his tackle on the sideline putting Zinchenko out of play. Better on the ball than I thought. Ndidi has dropped his form last few months and either needs a rest for a few games or to be dropped. Would certainly start Hamza this weekend. 

Kasper

Ricardo, Morgan, Maguire, Fuchs

Hamza and Mendy

Albrighton Maddison Gray

Vardy 

Something like this I would go for. 

• Like 4

Ndidi and Mendy are currently not doing anything Hamza couldn't do- they don't control games, create anything or shield the defence particularly well so he's certainly worth a run in the side.

I reckon he can pick a forward pass & I like the way he tends to put pace on the ball when he does- could really help to bring a bit of intensity to our play.

• Like 2