Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

MOTM by a mile and loads of potential, but some of the reactions here are absolutely priceless.

Most were septic, if not downright laughing, when they saw his name on the list. Now he's the best thing since sliced bread and everybody wants him in the starting XI. No one seems to remember how he wasn't deemed good enough last season. Not saying that Ndidi doesn't need a break but we all know how the opinions will shift after one or two bad performances. At least the gaffer is doing it right, nurturing and protecting him until he's PL ready. I don't see a problem in sending him on loan for a season so he can play regularly.

Great asset for the club.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 3

The kid’s engine is superb, the thing I hadn’t realised was how quick he is over 5-10 yards, there was one instance today where he went toe to toe with Hazard who has the best acceleration in the league. Hope we see more of him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d be happy to see a midfield 3 of Hamza, Mendy and Ndidi for the foreseeable future. 

Bit negative for Cardiff at home I’d suggest. Horses for courses. 

Delighted for the lad. To barely play and then have two great showings in four days against two of the best sides in the country is some going. He’s tenacious but also composed. Keep it up!

• Like 3

Saw Hamza play last year for the U23 against Spurs U23 and i was distinctly underwhelmed , then saw him play against Many City in the League cup last tuesday and he was a different player.  Remember Chilwell this time last year could'nt defend for toffee but now look at him.

Lesson to myself..dont write off young players !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Bit negative for Cardiff at home I’d suggest. Horses for courses. 

Delighted for the lad. To barely play and then have two great showings in four days against two of the best sides in the country is some going. He’s tenacious but also composed. Keep it up!

I’d agree but perhaps against the ‘lesser’ teams Hamza could be given license to get forward more, seems to have the pace and eye for a pass for it

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’d be happy to see a midfield 3 of Hamza, Mendy and Ndidi for the foreseeable future. 

No no no. Having Mendy and Ndidi lately has been too negative, adding a 3rd DM would be even worse. It's fine in games like today but against lesser sides no chance. Was hugely impressed with Hamza again today, in particular with just how good he is when he doesn't have the ball. A master of the jockey, always aware of what's around him, ever so quick at closing down and knows when to dive in and when not to. Outstanding 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

No no no. Having Mendy and Ndidi lately has been too negative, adding a 3rd DM would be even worse. It's fine in games like today but against lesser sides no chance. Was hugely impressed with Hamza again today, in particular with just how good he is when he doesn't have the ball. A master of the jockey, always aware of what's around him, ever so quick at closing down and knows when to dive in and when not to. Outstanding 

but if we played 4-3-3 like we did today and pressed, surely it could work?

1 minute ago, MPH said:

but if we played 4-3-3 like we did today and pressed, surely it could work?

"And pressed" being the key words. It will be back to usual on boxing day.. 

I know it, you know it, we all know it, we are better when pressing high up the pitch as proven today in the 2nd half but how often have we done it under the Puel lately?

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Gives Chilwell and Riccardo licence to bomb on, knowing they have extra protection. Which gives us more width and creativity

I one hundred percent agree with you and I think this may be the winning winning  that we need for the players that we have. And maybe against the list of things we can help someone like Iborra  or someone like silva or someone else someone more attacking

Seems like he's settled down a bit. I know his best mate a bit and the dad of his best mate well. Think he was on the verge of being a bit of a tear away a couple of years back and heard a few stories first hand. We all go a bit mad when we're young however and  from what I heard hes snapped out of it. Looks like it shows in his footy now which is great!

ITK lol

Edited by Foxhead

25 minutes ago, 80's fox said:

433 is the new 4231. Plus Hamza has something about him. Central midfielders have more freedom if needed. Especially out attacking full backs would benefit from 433. It could work. My main concern would be Maddison constantly wider than I'd like. 

Maddison as part of the 3 against weaker sides especially at home

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Not saying we necessarily have the players for it atm but we should model ourselves around the 4-3-3 that Liverpool play

That is sort of what we are trying it seems. They got to a Champions League final with a midfield three of Ox/ Henderson / Wijnaldum. These midfielders need engines more than they need technical ability and perhaps our players are better suited to that style of play. 

But they would have far far more of the ball than we did! They are a front foot style of team whereas we sat back. 

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is sort of what we are trying it seems. They got to a Champions League final with a midfield three of Ox/ Henderson / Wijnaldum. These midfielders need engines more than they need technical ability and perhaps our players are better suited to that style of play. 

But they would have far far more of the ball than we did! They are a front foot style of team whereas we sat back. 

They also have a front 3 that gets 50 goals a season so they can get away with that midfield triplet

Edited by OhYesNdidi