Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

29 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

This is going back a page but Fuchs probably put  in more quality ball Tuesday than Chilwell does in 3 games .A good pass is much better than running with the ball.

Chilwell is no way the best left back/wing back England have .

Should make a very good living though.

Hamza likewise a future ahead of him in football but a few sliding tackles to get the crowd going doesn't make him a great player.He was decent defensively but had a solid back 4 behind him but its about getting down the other end which is exactly what Mr Kante was so very good it .Good luck to him keep working hard and we will see in a couple of years.

so you're saying a player reportedly wanted by Pep Guardiola  is what average? He might not be England's best left back yet but its damn close if he isn't

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

IF I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake.

Paolo Maldini.

last ditch sliding challenges are great to get the crowd going but are not the sign of a top top player.

Hope Hamza makes it, certainly as good as Harry Winks!

Really?   Not sure I am qualified to argue with the great Paolo Maldini but there are many great players make last ditch tackles to cover for the mistakes of others...!   Just a thought...

On a more relevant note, I do love Hamza and his attitude and commitment and I really hope he goes on to do well for us but my main concern at this moment in time is the fact that trying to be everywhere can sometimes be his downfall in that it disrupts the shape of the team and it is precisely this that can be the cause of him (or others on his behalf!) having to make so many last ditch tackles.

Personally, I prefer my CMDs to remain central to be the protection in front of our CBs (which is their primary role!) as opposed to charging all over the pitch trying to make big tackles and get noticed.....and leaving big holes in the middle of the pitch.  If our CDM is out of position then our CBs are exposed and against top quality opposition who move the ball quickly (ie Man City/Liverpool/Spurs) this loss of shape could cost us.

But he is a young lad trying to adjust to playing at the highest level so I hope that a bit of experience and coaching will help him to improve this part of his game without detracting from his energy and commitment!  :)   

Edited by Foxy-Lady

Another weird comment...not comment cos I’ve been unable to listen to any comments over the last 12 months, but weird decision by Puel :appl:

Especially after everyone (Even those with an ‘agenda’ against Puel) was in agreement regards Choudhury after Tuesday.

Sure enough it’ll just be me picking fault though... :rolleyes: :yawn: 

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

That'd probably be for the best.

If he gets a loan similar to Barnes/Benkovic, then it'll be great experience for him and a run of consistent gametime which he needs.

Staying here, he has at least Mendy, Ndidi and Iborra ahead of him. Silva might be off, but we might also bring someone in (who'd be ahead of him), and there's a chance that we alter formation/style and switch to only 1 DM with Maddison or a creative CM instead.

Long term if he can keep up a consistently high standard then he'll get a shot, absolutely, but he won't have enough opportunities in the league here.

IMHO....He should be allowed,or given the chance to take that shot with us...

...  If then he stutters,then by all means,loan him out...but first...

We the team  need some impetus..teaming up with Maddison,..worth a try..!!??

3 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

IF I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake.

Paolo Maldini.

last ditch sliding challenges are great to get the crowd going but are not the sign of a top top player.

Hope Hamza makes it, certainly as good as Harry Winks!

Definitely think that comment applies more to a centre half than a central midfielder in fairness.

This is a general point, we all want ways for the team to improve, some saying Hamza cannot add to anything to the midfielders we already have. But that may not be the case as he needs a few more outings and get more confident on the form to be able to display his passing abilities as some have highlighted during the u23 matches. 

He has only made a few appearances for the 1st team but to my recollection has not let the team down once. He can only get better. 

All new players need time to make mistake and find their footings. After all it is the best league in the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Another weird comment...not comment cos I’ve been unable to listen to any comments over the last 12 months, but weird decision by Puel :appl:

Especially after everyone (Even those with an ‘agenda’ against Puel) was in agreement regards Choudhury after Tuesday.

That is weird, especially if we lose King, Iborra and Silva, sending Hamza out is basically suicide for our midfield.

Big Harry into the middle. :dunno:

What's weird about it? He's played two games all season, is probably about fifth choice and doesn't really offer anything different to our other midfielders except a cracking afro. Note also "is considering", not "is definitely". 

If, come the end of the window, we've moved the likes of Iborra, King and Silva on, not signed replacements and Hamza is still loaned out, then that'll be a weird decision.

• Like 3

This is just the sort of thing that makes Puel look ridiculous. Hamza should be in the match day 18, or the first 11, given the toothless outputs from our central midfield this season. Yet Claude the Fraud wants to put him out loan, like Harvey B, and Benkovic. Ridiculous. 

The sensible plan is to ship out The fodder like Silva and Iborra. For me Hamza is a more mobile and effective player than Mendy too.

7 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

This is just the sort of thing that makes Puel look ridiculous. Hamza should be in the match day 18, or the first 11, given the toothless outputs from our central midfield this season. Yet Claude the Fraud wants to put him out loan, like Harvey B, and Benkovic. Ridiculous. 

The sensible plan is to ship out The fodder like Silva and Iborra. For me Hamza is a more mobile and effective player than Mendy too.

Ship out two players who’ve played in the champions league / won cups in favour of someone who wasn’t good enough for burton? Doesn’t sound too sensible to me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

Puel has been misquoted....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hamptonfox said:

Agree for the most part, though I have no issues with Benkovic being out on loan and I think Iborra offers intelligence and leadership to the squad that is otherwise lacking

10 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Ship out two players who’ve played in the champions league / won cups in favour of someone who wasn’t good enough for burton? Doesn’t sound too sensible to me. 

He went to Burton and helped them get promoted. Then they extended his contract for another season. Then we recalled him in Jan and the same time we recalled Barnes and tried to win the PL2. I'm not saying he excelled but saying he wasn't good enough is stretching it somewhat. By the same logic Barnes wasn't good enough for Barnsley.

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He went to Burton and helped them get promoted. Then they extended his contract for another season. Then we recalled him in Jan and the same time we recalled Barnes and tried to win the PL2. I'm not saying he excelled but saying he wasn't good enough is stretching it somewhat. By the same logic Barnes wasn't good enough for Barnsley.

I was under the impression he was sent back by Burton as he couldn't make the team. How many apps did he make?

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Hamza played 13 games for Burton, 6 starts which is decent but Burton did get relegated. Your point about Barnes is a good one but he’s now proven he’s one of the best players in the championship this season. I also think it was mutual between Barnsley & Leicester. Barnes was fading and his form had dropped off.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Maybe he sees the impact that Barnes and Benkovic are having for their loan clubs respectively and can see the benefit for Hamza?

In my opinion if Hamza was at Cardiff or Huddersfield as examples, I think he might well be a starter or at least making more appearances. Maybe if there is the opportunity for him to play weekly for Rangers or Norwich / Leeds / Derby is would be worth considering?

I personally thought Hamza would get a lot more game time after his decent stint at the end of last season. The cup game reminded us of his potential. But I suppose it's hard to give him chances when we have an abundance of players in that position. Don't forget that a club stalwart like Andy King didn't even get a squad number showing the amount of mediocre players we have in that position.

I do agree that it's weird to loan him halfway through the season after he's had a really decent game. You'd think if a player is going to be loaned, he should have been sent off at the start of the season. But still if the player has something to gain by it, then it's not a bad decision per se.

22 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Hamza played 13 games for Burton, 6 starts which is decent but Burton did get relegated. Your point about Barnes is a good one but he’s now proven he’s one of the best players in the championship this season. I also think it was mutual between Barnsley & Leicester. Barnes was fading and his form had dropped off.

He didn't set the league alight but he subsequently played well for our first team. The lad has potential, that's all, and if Puel wants to give a Loughborough lad who came through the academy some more minutes I'll be more than happy. If we have to contain both Hazard and Jorginho on Saturday while making sure Kante doesn't do Kante-like things then I'd be happy to give Hamza another showing after he performed well last match baring not completely snubbing out KDB. He and Vardy are one of the two players who have any oompf to their game anyhow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hamptonfox said:

I think I can safely say that you and I are on the same wavelength.  Anyone that is showing half decent promise is shipped out whilst we put up with an oversupply of expensive dross that nobody else wants except on a loan where we pick up the tab.  How do young players at other Clubs gain experience at playing in the Premier League?   

15 hours ago, dyanmark said:

This is going back a page but Fuchs probably put  in more quality ball Tuesday than Chilwell does in 3 games .A good pass is much better than running with the ball.

Chilwell is no way the best left back/wing back England have .

Should make a very good living though.

Hamza likewise a future ahead of him in football but a few sliding tackles to get the crowd going doesn't make him a great player.He was decent defensively but had a solid back 4 behind him but its about getting down the other end which is exactly what Mr Kante was so very good it .Good luck to him keep working hard and we will see in a couple of years.

The ability of Fuchs is in no way indicative of the talent of Chilwell. Defensively Chilwell is now much improved and the way he carrys the ball forward in to attack is superb. His delivery still has some way to go in being up there with the best and that's something I've found Fuchs to he quite under rated at. That said if you look at assists and goals, Fuchs wasnt massively prolific for a full back even in our glory year or two but he's still a great squad player and can see Chilwell being rotated a bit this 2nd half of the season. Chilwell has 3-4 assists for club and country so far this season so he's improving but still feel he will add a lot more attacking threat in years to come.

• Like 2

Whether happens, Hamza need to be playing first time football to aid his development.

He offers similar to Mendy and Ndidi, he's a ball winner, breaks up play and passed it simple.

We need a player who dictates play, controls the tempo, some who can exploit weakness in teams defense.

I would loan out to a championship side were he can hopefully play 20 games before the end of the season.