Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

Guest An Sionnach

As I have said before Hamza plays like he has been doing this for years. He is along with Wilf our most consistent midfielder and should be playing EVERY game where possible.

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

If he was a striker he’d have to get his hair cut. These marginal offsides can’t be taken lightly lol

I think the idea is all you see when he comes in to get you is a pair of terrifying eyes, very scary.👹

I'd like to see how we'd fair with Ndidi and Hamza as defensive mids in a 3-5-2 formation with Tielemans and Maddison playing as inside forwards and Chilwell and Ricardo as the wing backs. This will allow Tielemans and Maddison to stay up the pitch and use their qualities to find Vardy. 

The bloke needs to be starting every game while Ndidi is out. You simply cannot in this day and age get away without any bite or tenacity in midfield - it's a big part of the reason Man City and Liverpool steamrolled us.

Choudhury - Maddison - Praet v Southampton for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

As I’ve said elsewhere he needs to play with Ndidi out. The midfield needs balance.

Also seems to have curbed crashing into tackles recklessly since coming back into the squad which is reassuring.

Played well tonight.

Great opportunity for him with Wilf being out and I’ll be annoyed if Brendan doesn’t offer him that. One door closes and all that. 

Edited by TJB-fox

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The bloke needs to be starting every game while Ndidi is out. You simply cannot in this day and age get away without any bite or tenacity in midfield - it's a big part of the reason Man City and Liverpool steamrolled us.

Choudhury - Maddison - Praet v Southampton for me.

Agreed. Choudhury gives us enough aggression to balance the flair that Maddison offers in that midfield. He's dynamic and gives us that defensive presence in midfield to protect the defence. Has to play. Mendy can be back up but Choudhury is first choice now until Ndidi returns.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Agreed. Choudhury gives us enough aggression to balance the flair that Maddison offers in that midfield. He's dynamic and gives us that defensive presence in midfield to protect the defence. Has to play. Mendy can be back up but Choudhury is first choice now until Ndidi returns.

I didn't get the set up at all, you can't get away without a proper defensive midfielder nowadays or at least a midfielder who is going to do the hard-running and the winning the ball back. Not one of those three midfielders will win you the ball back regularly.

People slate Liverpool's midfield but it clearly works doesn't it? Nobody seems to be able to play their game against Liverpool. You can't get away with three playmaker types in this day and age.

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

He’ll be in, has to be, he’s come on leaps and bounds this season.

Deserves the opportunity. Like others have said, we need him in there for balance with wilf out. Also Maddison potentially injured too so by default we’re running out of CM’s!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Rodgers said on bbc sport he made a mistake not starting him so hopefully he has a good run in the side now 

And fair play to Rodgers for saying that. Not many managers have the guts to admit they made a selection error straight after a game.

Such honesty is endearing, and yes, I’m sure Hamza will feature regularly from now on with Wilf sadly out for a few weeks.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Was absolutely the difference when he came on. The whole tempo picked up and also gave the defence reassurance knowing we wouldn’t be so open in midfield. HAS to start games if Ndidi is injured.

Gave you a rep purely on your brofile bicture. 

Less importantly, I agree with your comments. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Hammo said:

And fair play to Rodgers for saying that. Not many managers have the guts to admit they made a selection error straight after a game.

Such honesty is endearing, and yes, I’m sure Hamza will feature regularly from now on with Wilf sadly out for a few weeks.

Yes fair play to Rodgers as he could quite easily have said it was an off day players not at it tonight but knew it was him self and took the blame. Such s shame for wilf as he was playing so well but if hamza can take his chance like most people think he can then we should be fine. Hope we go back to normal formation on Saturday just swapping hamza for wilf. 

Hamza is a tad unfortunate to be behind one of the very best defensive midfielders in the world, he would start every week for most Premier league teams. Next season will be very interesting to see how Brendan can keep everyone happy. Hopefully a good long run in the CL will help.

• Like 1