Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea 0 - 1 Leicester Post Match

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

was terrific, great positioning, timed his tackles exceptionally well, was very cool in a high pressure situation.

Great 

He also made Ndidi look good. We all have been slagging off Ndidi for his lack of passing ability. Hamza took much of the need for him to pass away from Ndidi so Ndidi can just do his defensive work. 

• Like 2

Don’t judge every performance, by the result.

Sometimes you get the breaks, sometimes you don’t.

Don't forget we scored from our only decent chance.

Players were poor first half, despite Puel setting us up well.

Got goal at right time and they changed shape which suited us no end, but despite this, they could easily have had 2 better breaks resulting in the goals that would see massively contrasting posts on here.

One improved half, isn’t enough to forget the drivel we are bring served up too often.

Puel Out still.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, duk3nuk3m said:

With all due respect, erm, what?!

Nacho actually pressed the Chelsea defence after Vardy tired and Gray was the direct outlet we needed to release some pressure and get out of our own half.

Did you count how many balls they lost in the last 12 minutes??????

Just now, Unabomber said:

Absolutely blows my mind that after beating Chelsea away in the league someone would feel the need to come in to the Chelsea post match thread and post that. 

Is that the first thought that came

in to your mind? If so I feel sorry for you.

Merry Christmas everyone. Fantastic win, let’s enjoy (those who can). 

Reading through all the comments the same people who were saying Puel our last week are saying Puel in this. Just making the point that one result does not make a manager. Throughout the last few months I’ve seen enough for one result not to change my mind.

• Like 1

Fantastic performance overall but let's not get carried away - We seriously rode our luck at times and needed the post and Kasper to come to our rescue a few times!

However, you can't fault the effort and desire from us against a superior team! We were aggressive, energetic and never stopped working to win the ball back, which in the second half especially, really rattled Chelsea.

I was so impressed with Ricardo and Choudary. Yes Choudary can be over keen sometimes and over commits, but his energy and composure in the middle were fantastic, and he should be starting ahead of anyone else in the middle on that performance. 

Ricardo is turning out to be a the RB we all cried out for! Add that to Chilwell being consistently great, we now have such talented full-backs. Just need to hold on to them!

Thought Vardy was back to what he does best and making those runs down the channels and hassling defenders. He also held the ball up better which helped bring others into play. He seemed to have a point to prove, whether that was to Puel or to the media - who knows?

Overall, an unexpected early Christmas present that I am sure most of us were not expecting!

It certainly doesn't gloss over issues that I still think Puel has, but as I said earlier - I see no reason to make a change until the Summer as we are effectively 5 wins away from the bottom 3 now, and only 2 points off 6th! 

Puel and the players deserve full credit for this performance today but of course that bit of luck was definitely needed! 

Have a great Christmas everyone!!! :santa:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yks said:

Yes, a bit and I'm feeling allowed to do it after all the absurdities and nonsense I've read here from the Puel haters.

its probably best to just enjoy the win and excellent performance - just like you thought others were getting carried away when playing badly, probably best to just enjoy the win!

• Like 2