Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Everton Away Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well he looked a lot worse than Evans usually looks in that second half and nearly gifted them a goal with rash play (not for the first time)

Agreed he almost gave a goal away. But how come other young players are allowed to make more mistakes and still get picked?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Totally fed up with puel, the players no matter how well they play must not have a clue if there going to play the next game, what the formations going to be or if they'll be in the squad at all.

As much as i'm with you with your first 5 words, I do imagine the players are told the formation prior to one hour before the match

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Brave team selection I’d say, or is it bordering stupid? This place will be in meltdown if this game goes t!ts up. 

It’s not too dissimilar to Chelsea and Man City. Rightfully Ricardo has been pushed up, and Maddison dropped who’s been way off it recently. The only thing I’m disappointed with is that N’didi still keeps his place despite being our worst player for a large chunk of the season. I would have stuck Iborra in there today. 

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Why do you think that. This formation beat Chelsea and Man City and everyone cried when we didn't play it against Cardiff.

But with Ghezzal in the starting XI we certainly would not have won against Chelsea and ManCity

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And this sums up our fan base currently.

It shouldn't matter if you like the manager or not. A win is a win, and we should be bloody happy if we do win. Not hoping to lose to get him sacked.

Some posters seem to be forgetting a few years back we were begging for a win, now all of a sudden people want us to lose. 

Deluded.

I was actually just taking the P out of the original post which said the opposite. Just because it was so ridiculous 

Just now, F1_AN said:

Agreed he almost gave a goal away. But how come other young players are allowed to make more mistakes and still get picked?

If he had got a Red Card, he would be straight back in, once the Ban over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

It’s not too dissimilar to Chelsea and Man City. Rightfully Ricardo has been pushed up, and Maddison dropped who’s been way off it recently. The only thing I’m disappointed with is that N’didi still keeps his place despite being our worst player for a large chunk of the season. I would have stuck Iborra in there today. 

As much as he can't attack I feel we would miss him esp away from home against a side like Everton, just his passing and forward play that isn't very good

Edited by whoareyaaa

16 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I can’t even figure out what formation we’re playing here, I’m guessing 4321 but the two behind the striker are very right hand sided 

Schmeichel
Simpson    Maguire    Evans    Chilwell
Ndidi
Choudury        Mendy
Ricardo                                Ghezzal
Vardy

• Like 2

Hi a arsenal fan in peace again before I  am off to the fullham game, wondering what mitrovic will do to our 34 year old right back and the rest of our creaking back four/five.

I just saw the line up at everton for todays game and bewildered again  to see albrighton left out for you , he is such a solid performer and i cant see what ghezzal has offered , he is a very poor mans mahrez from what ive seen without any of the ability.

I know he fears evertons counter attack and obviously wants to do a brighton and steal the game on the break, but im concerned without maddison to break and albrightons work rate you may suffer today.

Our 4th match in 10 days, we need to mix it up a bit,  rest some players, Albrighton looked knackered Saturday, Puel is using the squad, I agree we need to add more quality, glad to see Hamza back, Ghezzal? Wait and see

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I'm entirely with you, I'm fine with the team based on Saturday and the need to rest players. But that three in the middle WITH the other changes is a bit too far to the defensive side of things.

5 minutes ago, yks said:

Schmeichel
Simpson    Maguire    Evans    Chilwell
Ndidi
Choudury        Mendy
Ricardo                                Ghezzal
Vardy

It’s this well 4231 of course but can’t help but wonder looking at those players if 352 would be a viable option.

Edited by Nick

Just now, les-tah said:

Regardless of how well Ndidi plays on the ball he will still tackle and break up play.. and even more effective against a team that will attack so that will be why he always starts.

Yep, if we lost one it would be Mendy IMO. Wilf does the dirty work better than anyone, despite being awful with the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lesta Legend said:

Puel isn't know for his consistent team picks, whether it's the busy Christmas period or not.

We've had god knows how many injuries and suspensions that have contributed massively to that.

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

As much as i'm with you with your first 5 words, I do imagine the players are told the formation prior to one hour before the match

It’s ok being told the formation... not seen Ghezzal on our left very often....

8 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

I was actually just taking the P out of the original post which said the opposite. Just because it was so ridiculous 

In which case its more a general rant than directed at yourself. 

It's ridiculous what some of our fans come out with