Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, Crispin LA said:

Puel seems so stubborn to make tactical changes, even the commentors said he should of picked Hamza, and Iborra would have added abit of creativity in midfield 

I’m not sure Hamza, as much as I love him, is any more creative than Ndidi or Mendy - has Iborra really ever shown that either?

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Absolute rubbish mate. 

Fans can boo and moan all they want if you've got some shit-house dragging you into relegation (not that I agree with that either, it's counter-productive) but we're in seventh (maybe eighth now) after beating Chelsea and Man City in the last seven days and surviving the tiring emotional roller-coaster of losing an owner in a ****ing helicopter crash. 

Fans that boo us at the moment need to give their thick fvcking head a wobble. 

I take it you were entertained today then?

12 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Puel wasn't brought in to get us beating the likes of Man City and Chelsea. 

lol

This is one of the funnier comments that a few people have started pushing since we beat those teams. THE REAL TEST IS THE MIGHTY CARDIFF. 

I think you'll find his job role and remit is to beat whatever the **** is put in front of us whether it's Cardiff or Barcelona m8. 

But yeah, just another stick for those who've already made their mind up to beat him with. 

If I had to choose where I got 18 points on the board from (because remember, points are points, no matter who you get them against - they're all worth the same!) then give me the excitement of beating Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Absolute rubbish mate. 

Fans can boo and moan all they want if you've got some shit-house dragging you into relegation (not that I agree with that either, it's counter-productive) but we're in seventh (maybe eighth now) after beating Chelsea and Man City in the last seven days and surviving the tiring emotional roller-coaster of losing an owner in a ****ing helicopter crash. 

Fans that boo us at the moment need to give their thick fvcking head a wobble. 

I think if anything the fans are fed up of forking out hard earned cash to watch the absolutely poor football we are playing. Chelsea and Man City aside can you really say you are enjoying the football we are playing and that as paying supporters we are getting value for money?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Puel wasn't brought in to get us beating the likes of Man City and Chelsea. Whilst they were undeniably great results, they were results where we had circa 30% possession and played on the counter.

He was brought in to get us playing a style that would see us beating the likes of Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Fulham and Huddersfield (especially at home). The reality is that we have consistently failed to beat that type of team at home and have shown an inability to create enough opportunities against them in this new style.

He has failed in doing that.

This is a perfectly reasonable criticism, but the question is then:

1) Is the “new style” wrong?

2) If no, is the man implementing it the right man?

Question 1 is a no brainer. You cannot play on the counter attack against teams

that want to sit in and get a point. Unfortunately that will be the case in at least 10 home games for us this season. We need “different solutions” as Puel puts it. 

Question 2 is open to debate. @Finnegan‘s post in the Post Match thread rightly cites a lack of movement as the main problem - I don’t agree with him that it’s all Puel’s fault that the players don’t move off the ball but it’s hard to argue with the point that a top quality coach should be able to get more movement out of the players after 14 months in the job.

I’m pretty ambivalent about Puel as a person but I am a strong advocate for what he says he wants to do with the club:

Young players

Comfortable in possession

Variety of styles of play

My fear is that a change of manager results in these principles being binned in favour of short-term crowd-pleasing solutions that are built on paper-thin foundations.

20 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Puel missed a trick he should have picked Hamza and Iborra, and rested ndiddi and Mendy for the Everton game

Are you Matt Piper ?? ... that’s exactly what he said just before your post ..    :)

Joking apart that might well have worked, and given Mendy and Wilf a rest ...   but ...   it’s just hindsight.   We did enough to win and missed a pen ...   then they scored a cracking goal possibly against the run of play.

I was disappointed with Gray, he really needs to up his game ...    and still think that unfortunately Nacho isn’t good enough.  

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Fans are entitled to be ambitious especially when they are the ones paying the money that keeps the club in business wether thats through match day revenue or sky subscription.

I dont like this mentality that some fans take that whatever shite the club/team serves up we should always be like ‘thanks master may we have some more’. As paying supporters we have a right to criticise as much as praise.

I dont agree with booing the players but as a paying fan/customer it is within thier rights to voice displeasure.  

We've reached the point where any further progression will take years and years so while you're right to have ambitions (which I believe are shared by the club), you're going to need a bit of patience when it comes to seeing those ambitions realised. 

Claude Puel is a means to an end. He's got us in the top half, he's bringing through a lot of talented young players which is the main benefit of having him as manager. 

I don't believe he's the man to take us to the next level but he's a safe pair of hands while we do the necessary building. If he keeps us well in the top half, challenging for a Europa League place, while bringing through young players and overseeing a transitional period, there's not much more we can ask. 

I just fear if we change manager anytime soon, we'll get the wrong man and we'll drop like a stone.

Over the past ten years we've seen similar situations unfold with Swansea, Southampton, Villa, Newcastle and even Sunderland. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Langston said:

However you could argue it was his fault we started with the most contained and uninspiring central midfield pair in the Premier League (as a midfield two, they're wretched), made no brave, attacking changes, and continue to struggle against sides like this at home.

People will moan about folk booing at the end (and I'd never boo, achieves nothing) but people have the right to vent their frustration. The past two results have been above and beyond expectations but they're the exception rather than the rule – he'd buy more time if we turned a half decent shift in every now and then but we simply don't.

We have taken 6 points out of 9 decent return imo, if we had lost the last 2 games majority of fans would have wanted Puel to get the sack, I say stick with him, we lost today but you could see that coming tbf, we still sit 8 in the league what more do you want, 

4 minutes ago, nettle said:

I take it you were entertained today then?

I was there and I was entertained. Can't be bothered to read the rest of the thread, I'm assuming it will be the usual slating of the manager who's just led us to 6 points against Chelsea and Manchester City. But I dropped in to say the booing at the end was fvcking embarrassing. Our fans really need to get a grip of themselves imo

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Funny because I'm sick of a large section of our fanbase lauding Puel at every opportunity yet constantly having digs at Ranieri, the bloke who actually did something worthwhile at our club and have us something to believe in. Explain that one.

you're an ongoing joke on this forum. you find the negativity in everything yet you can't see the shite Ranieri had us playing towards the end of his tenure?

fulham could probably do with some extra support at the moment - maybe you can go and help out over there. :wave:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

I was perfectly happy with the first half - we controlled the game and created chances, Cardiff played as expected and it was difficult to break them down but we did so, several times - unfortunately with no end product, not really Puel's fault.

Second half we had to make changes, people forget that fatigue is a thing now, apparently. We lost some shape. Penalty missed, again - wasn't Puel who kicked it and finally conceded the goal - well, that's football. 

But - I've got enough about me, unlike some, to realise that YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAT ANYONE and sometimes shit happens. 

To come on here and immediately carry on with the Puel out shit because of this result is absolutely ****ing pathetic. Sad, angry little men who need immediate gratification in their life to make up for other shortcomings, no doubt. 

You need to loosen up a bit mate you seem to be getting a bit irate it's only a game everyone is entitled to there own opinion. I watched it today and I found it pretty boring to be honest we just don't seem to press on after two great results. Cardiff were there for the taking if you ask me we just needed a bit more urgency to our game.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Also posted:

"70 percent of this forum offici2ally knows fuch all about fuch all   You can literally all pipe down for a good while now.You make me sick"

?????Wtf

That was a top post wasnt it

What you getting at? If you think we should always beat cardiff at home you are naive. Sometimes shit happens

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

How on earth anyone could be "perfectly happy" with that first half is absolutely beyond me. 

I honestly don't know what you watch. 

I absolutely loved the first half. I thought we played some lovely stuff and created loads of chances. It was honestly some of the best football we've played in a while I thought 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I absolutely loved the first half. I thought we played some lovely stuff and created loads of chances. It was honestly some of the best football we've played in a while I thought 

Sorry I'm not taking the piss but I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. You do mean today?