Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, Beechey said:

We've just had days of people saying we shouldn't play 3 defensive midfielders against Cardiff, so we don't, we lose, and now you're saying we needed to play 3 defensive midfielders against Cardiff.

You couldn't make it up.

Why is anybody surprised? 90% have made their minds up one way or the other about Puel.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

We've just had days of people saying we shouldn't play 3 defensive midfielders against Cardiff, so we don't, we lose, and now you're saying we needed to play 3 defensive midfielders against Cardiff.

You couldn't make it up.

Yea well some people is not the same as what I said as I am not some people.

So obviously you can make it up.

You do not change a winning formation of 2 wins on the bounce.

NEXT.

Here's why I believe he should be sacked.

Against top sides we start slowly, soak up pressure, defend resolutely, and play ourselves into the game in the second half. Tick.

Against lesser teams he plays the same! We lack the intensity and attacking prowess to break teams down ..... they then come into the game and beat us.

Against everyone our game plan is pass the ball around until we can manufacture a cross ..... Then loft a cross Into one small attacker surrounded by 4 bigger defenders with no midfield bursting forward. It's awful. It's sunday league standard attacking play. it NEVER creates chances.

He cannot motivate, he cannot get us playing with any intensity with or without the ball.

But the biggest problem - he's asking our players to think about their game whilst playing, "am i n the right place, doing the right thing" he hasn't made the game and his plan simple enough to be instinctive, and this slows everything down and makes us pedestrian / boring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

NEXT.

Yes you can. We played 3 defensive midfielders and one striker against Chelsea and Man City. If you can't see the difference in playing Cardiff City to those two then there's not much else to say.

At no point should we play that defensively against Cardiff. We've just had basically everyone saying the same thing.

Can feel the cringe creeping up my spine as I read "NEXT" like you've dispatched some peasant.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

You couldn't make it up.

We shouldn’t have played 3 dms but we shouldn’t have played 2 dms either!

Just now, Fox85 said:

NEXT.

So under no circumstance is it ever the right idea by managerial genius yourself to ever change a formation if you've won two games under it, even if the playstyles of the teams you're facing are like chalk and cheese? 

2 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

We shouldn’t have played 3 dms but we shouldn’t have played 2 dms either!

I agree, unfortunately we only have defensive midfielders. We have nobody who can run the game from deep pinging balls around. It's getting depressing.

The fact is that there's a big bulk of our team that's absolutely bang average.

Edited by Beechey

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Here's why I believe he should be sacked.

Against top sides we start slowly, soak up pressure, defend resolutely, and play ourselves into the game in the second half. Tick.

Against lesser teams he plays the same! We lack the intensity and attacking prowess to break teams down ..... they then come into the game and beat us.

Against everyone our game plan is pass the ball around until we can manufacture a cross ..... Then loft a cross Into one small attacker surrounded by 4 bigger defenders with no midfield bursting forward. It's awful. It's sunday league standard attacking play. it NEVER creates chances.

He cannot motivate, he cannot get us playing with any intensity with or without the ball.

But the biggest problem - he's asking our players to think about their game whilst playing, "am i n the right place, doing the right thing" he hasn't made the game and his plan simple enough to be instinctive, and this slows everything down and makes us pedestrian / boring.

Great post you've got it spot on there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's all well and good beating Chelsea and man city but that performance against Cardiff wad pathetic and embarrassing.

There is only one person to blame, baffling team selection and substitutions yet again.

Anyone can get a few lucky results but the naivety shows through all the time.

2 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

So under no circumstance is it ever the right idea by managerial genius yourself to ever change a formation if you've won two games under it, even if the playstyles of the teams you're facing are like chalk and cheese? 

Ok so out of the last 11 prem games Puel has rotated the squad 9 times.

Out of those 9 times we accumulated 5 points.

When a formation worked for us we accumulated 6 points in 2 games.

Don't fix what ain't broke.

Last 11 games 11 points.

Don't let the last 2 wins fool you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

NEXT.

He made 2 changes, one because Morgan was sick. Not exactly a big reason for the loss.

Can I make semi controversial statement. Outside of maybe the Huddersfield home, Newcastle away and the last 2, we have been absolute championship material. Fair play for the last 2 wins but we should never measure ourselves against anything but a home game against ****ing cardiff. Puel out

• Thanks 1

I almost want to be devoutly Puel in just to spite some people here! lol

I still think I want to see his January transfer action before I make a judgement as to whether he can turn around performances more if he can bring in players that suit how he wants us to play. In the end, I think he has systemic issues currently that if they persist then I'd be fine with him being sacked, new manager's identity pending, but not right now.