Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, NeilLCFC said:

The last two games show just how good we are when we play to our strengths. Puel can not be excused for reverting back to his sh*t football today. He really needs to do one now.

Seriously, how do we play on the counter against a team that sits everyone behind the ball and lets us have it? The onus was on us to create.

• Like 1

Just now, lgfualol said:

He made 2 changes, one because Morgan was sick. Not exactly a big reason for the loss.

And he dropped Choudhary for what ? the clown said on Radio Leicester it was for tactical reasons.  The big reason for the loss is the manager it's not hard to see that surely.   

13 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Mate, we have a section of fans who haven't got two brain cells to rub together. It's a circus. Embarrassing shit. 

I guarantee you there's been some who've sat at home since the Chelsea game with a limp dick just waiting for today's result so they can return to getting hard for sacking Puel. 

Booing Vardy off? Yeah, well done pond-life - obviously not knackered and still carrying an injury but let's boo that decision. Booing Iheanacho on? Disgusting behaviour, you don't deserve to be called a fan. Get in the bin. Keep the same team? What as the ones who've just put 180 minutes of hard graft in over seven days to beat Chelsea and Man City? Sure, I'm sure they're full of energy still. 

Let's just forget those results shall we, those magic moments we celebrate as fans when we beat 'big teams' with squads that cost 10 times plus what ours does and cry our ****ing pathetic collective eyes out because we didn't beat Cardiff. 

Get a life. 'support' another club. Get lost. 

Bit harsh!

1 minute ago, crisp packet said:

I was next to Cardiff in family stand,they definitely booed. Granted I cannot what was said around you...

I was in the kop and there were clear boos from those around for the Vardy Iheanacho swap. Firstly a boo for taking off a tired and injured vardy and then a seperate boo for Iheanacho coming on. Way to help build the kids confidence. Disgusting 'support'. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

And he dropped Choudhary for what ? the clown said on Radio Leicester it was for tactical reasons.  The big reason for the loss is the manager it's not hard to see that surely.   

I would probably put it down to Maddison missing a penalty, if he scores then we would have probably bagged the 3 points. Had a few other good chances too.

• Like 1

Puel needs to go, poor tactical choices, poor transfer market, clearly no rapport with the players and definitely none with the fans - he’s distant and doesn’t fit with the club.

poor fit, poor manager. Bye

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats

6 points out of those 3 games, I just can’t understand the reaction of some people in here.

Puel got it wrong today and the players were disappointing, but he and they have done a lot over the past 3 games to deserve credit, not a lynching.

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Pointless thread. Puel just beat Chelsea and Man City, hardly getting the sack any time soon is he. 

Problem is, those are shock results completely in expected.

We just lost at home, to Cardiff. Think about that for a second.

Puel wasn't brought in to get us beating the likes of Man City and Chelsea. Whilst they were undeniably great results, they were results where we had circa 30% possession and played on the counter.

He was brought in to get us playing a style that would see us beating the likes of Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Fulham and Huddersfield (especially at home). The reality is that we have consistently failed to beat that type of team at home and have shown an inability to create enough opportunities against them in this new style.

He has failed in doing that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I was in the kop and there were clear boos from those around for the Vardy Iheanacho swap. Firstly a boo for taking off a tired and injured vardy and then a seperate boo for Iheanacho coming on. Way to help build the kids confidence. Disgusting 'support'. 

As was I - staggeringly poor levels of 'support' around me, and plenty of gross ignorance too.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Seriously, how do we play on the counter against a team that sits everyone behind the ball and lets us have it? The onus was on us to create.

Our strength is attacking and playing at a high tempo, to do that you need to commit bodies forward and press high up the pitch. 'Counter attacking' is just another part of that game plan, it is not an entire philosophy.

Playing 1 isolated man up front makes it very hard for us to get the ball forward quickly enough and to pull their defenders around. It is easy for the opposition defence to hold their positions. That's just one reason we are tactically inept.

Another is playing 2, sometimes 3 defensive minded midfielders whilst asking your full backs to attack. Just odd. Pick wingers if you want width. you need 1 good defensive mid not 3.

This is basic stuff.

• Thanks 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

Agree with this. It’s so counterproductive, you could see the confidence dropping out of them as the crowd turned.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I would probably put it down to Maddison missing a penalty, if he scores then we would have probably bagged the 3 points. Had a few other good chances too.

Would have had the penalty retaken for encroachment if the ref was alert or we had VAR.Puel has till the end of the season then no excuses!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Not at all. 

Sick of it. 

Section of our support has turned into the type of entitled joke we used to berate. 

Fans are entitled to be ambitious especially when they are the ones paying the money that keeps the club in business wether thats through match day revenue or sky subscription.

I dont like this mentality that some fans take that whatever shite the club/team serves up we should always be like ‘thanks master may we have some more’. As paying supporters we have a right to criticise as much as praise.

I dont agree with booing the players but as a paying fan/customer it is within thier rights to voice displeasure.  

• Thanks 1

I can't see the fun in coming home from every game and slating puel, then even when we win its a question of "just wait till next time we'll definitely lose"... weren't great today but I find it alot easier to get behind a group of young exciting lads like chillers Maguire riccy p gray madders etc when it's a tough time and at the end of the day that's the young exciting squad puel is building 

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Our strength is attacking and playing at a high tempo, to do that you need to commit bodies forward and press high up the pitch. 'Counter attacking' is just another part of that game plan, it is not an entire philosophy.

Playing 1 isolated man up front makes it very hard for us to get the ball forward quickly enough and to pull their defenders around. It is easy for the opposition defence to hold their positions. That's just one reason we are tactically inept.

Another is playing 2, sometimes 3 defensive minded midfielders whilst asking your full backs to attack. Just odd. Pick wingers if you want width. you need 1 good defensive mid not 3.

This is basic stuff.

Agreed. I think our major shortcomings are wingers that don't really move, and not having a midfielder that will play all the way into the opposition box. Ndidi and Mendy sit on the edge of the box so we only ever end up with 2 or mayve 3 players in the box at most.

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Not at all. 

Sick of it. 

Section of our support has turned into the type of entitled joke we used to berate. 

Funny because I'm sick of a large section of our fanbase lauding Puel at every opportunity yet constantly having digs at Ranieri, the bloke who actually did something worthwhile at our club and have us something to believe in. Explain that one.

Those are the people who really need to do one. Imagine disrespecting the man that made us dream and loving the bloke who has delivered us the most depressing style of football I can ever remember watching. Obviously those people don't like football or our club.

At least some other poor Leicester managers had the excuse of having shite players, this one has no such argument.