Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry I'm not taking the piss but I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. You do mean today? 

Yes I mean today, and I also wasn't sure if you were taking the piss given that I haven't read the rest of the thread. I'm not going to argue with you, I have a lot of respect for you as a poster, but yes I enjoyed the first half. Soyuncu especially had a great game, and we played some good stuff. 

Obviously I'm disappointed with the end result, but I'm happy overall with the points we've earned over Christmas,  and I'm prepared to carry on supporting Puel and the team. I'm still cold so I'm going to have a few glasses of wine, carry on enjoying the Liverpool game and then move back to gen chat later ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, smr said:

Its not just this game though is it? He makes bizarre team selections and substitutions. Vardy wasnt tiring today, nor was he playing well. But bringing on nacho, who is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike is ridiculous. At least if he had have left vardy on we'd have got a point today.

Could have been 3, vards would probably have put the pen away 

2 minutes ago, smr said:

I am also annoyed he left hamza out. He would have created problems for cardiff today. A lot of their creativity was through the middle.

To not select a player who has been outstanding for the last few games and part of a winning mentality was basically absurd. I dont buy his tactical reasons for his omission at all.

They had 3 shots on target, 2 coming in injury time. 

Creativity isn't in their game.

32 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I was perfectly happy with the first half - we controlled the game and created chances, Cardiff played as expected and it was difficult to break them down but we did so, several times - unfortunately with no end product, not really Puel's fault.

Second half we had to make changes, people forget that fatigue is a thing now, apparently. We lost some shape. Penalty missed, again - wasn't Puel who kicked it and finally conceded the goal - well, that's football. 

But - I've got enough about me, unlike some, to realise that YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAT ANYONE and sometimes shit happens. 

To come on here and immediately carry on with the Puel out shit because of this result is absolutely ****ing pathetic. Sad, angry little men who need immediate gratification in their life to make up for other shortcomings, no doubt. 

Well this..finishes this gameday posting!!!

totally agree...time some learnt there is a normal twist to games and life goes on...

and of course it's bloody frustrating....I have been a Leicester fan far  too long...Though I thought we would bring it home!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

In that they try playing down the middle and have no width. At least when hamza gets the ball he can pass it to feet instead of hesitate like wilf spends all game doing.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

That are so numerous that we are 8th in the premier league. 

Imagine where we’d be had we not drawn at home to Burnley who lose every week, not lost against Everton at home, drawn to Fulham (lucky not to lose), lost at Crystal Palace and another similar performance at home today... The odd good performance seems to cloud judgements. I have been Puel out since end of last season but after City and Chelsea I thought ‘hang on, this is now over a year, maybe he’s hit on something at last and we can say good bye to terrible, clueless looking football each week’... I was fooled. 

Anyone remember by the way the last time we won back to back games at home in the league?

January... 

Time to say tubby bye bye 

• Like 1

Do we think Everton fans are asking for Marco Silvas head right now? 

Puel does make some some odd decisions I agree but we all know we lack attacking options right now so I wouldn’t know who to choose to attack a game on the front foot as they all seem to fail.

For me if Puel could

1) find a deep lying forward thinking playmaker to play with 1 of either Mendy or Ndidi.

2) replace that threat mahrez gave us.

we could be well on our way to sneak a top 6(maybe ha) and the future is very bright still 

Edited by les-tah

Today summed up why I still think it's only a matter of time before he gets sacked. How can we go from winning against two of the best teams in the country to then putting up a woeful display against a side who've only just come up? The first half showed signs of promise but yet again, we took our foot off the gas and when Maddison missed, the whole team were deflated. The last ten minutes we just invited pressure.

Sooner he goes the better. I'm fed up of his constant excuses and bad tactics.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I agree it wasn’t creativity how they won. It was aggression... not just going in ‘hard’ and being dirty, their aggressive pressing, something we were renowned for. Puel side has done it high up the pitch once (Vardy charging around on his own isn’t team pressing) 

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Do we think Everton fans are asking for Marco Silva head right now? 

Puel does make some some odd decisions I agree but we all know we lack attacking options right now so I wouldn’t know who to choose to attack a game on the front foot as they all seem to fail.

Puel has to take some responsibility for that too... shipping out both our target men and not replacing them.. plus if he is going to put all his eggs in one basket and go with Just Vardy surely it’s logical to bring in a back up to Vardy who is a bit similar?

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, smr said:

I am also annoyed he left hamza out. He would have created problems for cardiff today. A lot of their creativity was through the middle.

To not select a player who has been outstanding for the last few games and part of a winning mentality was basically absurd. I dont buy his tactical reasons for his omission at all.

Think we must have been at different games today !

5 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Has there ever been a premier league manager (apart from the top six teams)  ever been sacked in 8th position?

Not sure if you're serious or not?

...Puel? At Southampton?

Edited by Matt

It's frustrating because we are not going to beat the big teams week in week out so to not have a plan at home to break through against so called weaker teams is becoming all too familiar.

That is more worrying for me - we seem unmotivated, one dimensional and predictable against these teams. We look a better team running and committing players rather than passing it around for the sake of passing.

2 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

Has there ever been a premier league manager (apart from the top six teams)  ever been sacked in 8th position?

I don’t know  but at some point the owner will realise the points return on the squad is just not good enough.

..that and it’s frustrating to watch us play these lower ability teams and screw it up.

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I agree it wasn’t creativity how they won. It was aggression... not just going in ‘hard’ and being dirty, their aggressive pressing, something we were renowned for. Puel side has done it high up the pitch once (Vardy charging around on his own isn’t team pressing) 

The aggression was something, it takes me back to the Stoke days. 

Think some of their tactics, the ref could be protecting us from a bit more from.

But sadly they had their tactics pretty well sorted, man mark and harrass our from 4 from the minute go.

4 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Today summed up why I still think it's only a matter of time before he gets sacked. How can we go from winning against two of the best teams in the country to then putting up a woeful display against a side who've only just come up? The first half showed signs of promise but yet again, we took our foot off the gas and when Maddison missed, the whole team were deflated. The last ten minutes we just invited pressure.

Sooner he goes the better. I'm fed up of his constant excuses and bad tactics.

We can win against 2 of the best teams in the country because they play open and attacking football, thus allowing us to counter attack, our natural game. Against teams that are happy to sit deep we are clueless and have no idea how to break them down,  the sooner the boring b4stard goes tge better

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The aggression was something, it takes me back to the Stoke days. 

Think some of their tactics, the ref could be protecting us from a bit more from.

But sadly they had their tactics pretty well sorted, man mark and harrass our from 4 from the minute go.

Wasn’t just the front four, they did it all over the park as they knew we’d play out from goal kicks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Wasn’t just the front four, they did it all over the park as they knew we’d play out from goal kicks. 

We did out do their press a few times, but each time we did their keeper made a brilliant save. 

Hat's off to Etheridge however, he played brilliantly. 

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

We did out do their press a few times, but each time we did their keeper made a brilliant save. 

Hat's off to Etheridge however, he played brilliantly. 

Pen save and good stop from Ricky first half but hardly tested him other than that... 

• Like 1