Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

12 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I was perfectly happy with the first half - we controlled the game and created chances, Cardiff played as expected and it was difficult to break them down but we did so, several times - unfortunately with no end product, not really Puel's fault.

Second half we had to make changes, people forget that fatigue is a thing now, apparently. We lost some shape. Penalty missed, again - wasn't Puel who kicked it and finally conceded the goal - well, that's football. 

But - I've got enough about me, unlike some, to realise that YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BEAT ANYONE and sometimes shit happens. 

To come on here and immediately carry on with the Puel out shit because of this result is absolutely ****ing pathetic. Sad, angry little men who need immediate gratification in their life to make up for other shortcomings, no doubt. 

Reprinted this post as it is exactly my thoughts...and a thumbs up wasn't enough.

Thanks for posting that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Puel is humourless and long winded in his interviews so people can’t warm to him. He stands and falls on results and losing at home to Cardiff is always going to make him unpopular.

He does seem to have a good long term vision but lacks the guile of a master tactician. Too often the fans correctly predict the failings of his approach, yet he doesn’t appear to have the imagination required to help us learn from these mistakes.

My suspicion is that he’s more of a Director of Football than a manager. I wouldn’t sack him yet but I think he needs someone with the ability to manage the players and the press more effectively; in other words play to his strengths and address his weaknesses.

Edited by Mr Weller

25 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Puel seems so stubborn to make tactical changes, even the commentors said he should of picked Hamza, and Iborra would have added abit of creativity in midfield 

Peul must be crazy.  Come on. ... sack him right now to show this craziness is not acceptable.   

15 minutes ago, Danizen said:

We've reached the point where any further progression will take years and years so while you're right to have ambitions (which I believe are shared by the club), you're going to need a bit of patience when it comes to seeing those ambitions realised. 

Claude Puel is a means to an end. He's got us in the top half, he's bringing through a lot of talented young players which is the main benefit of having him as manager. 

I don't believe he's the man to take us to the next level but he's a safe pair of hands while we do the necessary building. If he keeps us well in the top half, challenging for a Europa League place, while bringing through young players and overseeing a transitional period, there's not much more we can ask. 

I just fear if we change manager anytime soon, we'll get the wrong man and we'll drop like a stone.

Over the past ten years we've seen similar situations unfold with Swansea, Southampton, Villa, Newcastle and even Sunderland. 

I agree with you and personally i know we arent going to be qualifying for Europe every season however what irks me most is the lack of ambition we appear to have against teams outside the top 6. Sadly its no longer a one off, its becoming consistent and I can see why people are frustrated. 

What Puel says he wants to do and on paper what he’s doing looks and sounds good but nobody can ignore the fact that something isn’t quite right. We should have been full of confidence and motivation after the last 2 games and results but in the end it was very flat - why can’t Puel motivate this group? 

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

I agree with you and personally i know we arent going to be qualifying for Europe every season however what irks me most is the lack of ambition we appear to have against teams outside the top 6. Sadly its no longer a one off, its becoming consistent and I can see why people are frustrated. 

What Puel says he wants to do and on paper what he’s doing looks and sounds good but nobody can ignore the fact that something isn’t quite right. We should have been full of confidence and motivation after the last 2 games and results but in the end it was very flat - why can’t Puel motivate this group? 

As I said because I think he’s a natural Director of Football rather than a manager,

38 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

6 points out of those 3 games, I just can’t understand the reaction of some people in here.

Puel got it wrong today and the players were disappointing, but he and they have done a lot over the past 3 games to deserve credit, not a lynching.

If only the discontent was over three matches. But it's not is it. The bigger picture is not a pretty picture. Turgid football bizarre team selections, unrest in the team. All of these things have been going on since last season and well into this season. He needs to go for the greater good of the club.

1 minute ago, Mr Weller said:

As I said because I think he’s a natural Director of Football rather than a manager,

I actually quite agree with this. His signings on the whole have been good and I can buy into his vision. Its his safety first tactics (and occasional bizzare changes) and lack of motivational skills that worry me. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Puel is humourless and long winded in his interviews so people can’t warm to him.

It would be nice if he actually answered the questions !! ...      I must admit if I’ve shouted  “ Answer the  fvckin question !! “  at the radio once, I’ve shouted it a dozen times.   :)

Still think we we should let him have a full season but he does have some slightly annoying traits ...   

12 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

Puel is humourless and long winded in his interviews so people can’t warm to him. He stands and falls on results and losing at home to Cardiff is always going to make him unpopular.

He does seem to have a good long term vision but lacks the guile of a master tactician. Too often the fans correctly predict the failings of his approach, yet he doesn’t appear to have the imagination required to help us learn from these mistakes.

My suspicion is that he’s more of a Director of Football than a manager. I wouldn’t sack him yet but I think he needs someone with the ability to manage the players and the press more effectively; in other words play to his strengths and address his weaknesses.

Well if thats your suspicion you must be right sherlock ! 

What a load of drivle u just wrote!

30 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I’m pretty ambivalent about Puel as a person but I am a strong advocate for what he says he wants to do with the club:

Young players

Comfortable in possession

Variety of styles of play

My fear is that a change of manager results in these principles being binned in favour of short-term crowd-pleasing solutions that are built on paper-thin foundations.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a case of the club choosing Puel as its a directive from the top rather than something Puel has instilled in the club and so why a future manager wouldn't be appointed with this in mind. That Brendan Rodgers is often the link suggests to me the plan wouldn't be a departure from such a philosophy. The average age of first team players signed under Puel is pretty much exactly the same as it has been since January 2016. Chilwell has obviously come through and Hamza given a handful of games but I don't see Puel has done anything out of the ordinary with respect to young players - and we're not the only ones that are looking to make this shift either.

I just think the style of play is outdated by 5+ years. It was what decent teams were doing 10 years ago. It's just too slow, there's no dynamism to the play, it lacks intensity and energy. To me, it's the result of not pressing the ball high enough so we win the ball back too deep and don't have the players to play through the lines quickly enough to play this way effectively. Maybe he doesn't quite have the squad but he really doesn't need to play Mendy and Ndidi at home together every week. Mendy first half today spent so much time on the toes of the centre halves to get the ball off them with no Cardiff player within 10 yards, fine if you turn and push into the space with purpose but he just gave it to the other centre half - it achieves nothing. Best one was when he was stood behind Kasper and asked him for the ball. It's not like it's unique to today, it's most weeks. Fulham was the most pathetic - the first 15 minutes of that second half it was pathetic how inept we were, unable to get out of the centre circle. We end up getting pushed out wide to throw a cross in to nobody, it just looks clueless to me. Seriously does anyone watch most weeks and like our pattern of play, such little impetus to it.

• Thanks 2

Its not just this game though is it? He makes bizarre team selections and substitutions. Vardy wasnt tiring today, nor was he playing well. But bringing on nacho, who is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike is ridiculous. At least if he had have left vardy on we'd have got a point today.

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Score that penalty and we win and all is rosy. Some need to learn to take a loss

No     ....ok it would have been 3 points ... but our perfirmance today reaked of puel. To labour against Cardiff.... not Barcelona... Cardiff. ..and  get a penalty to win or draw would be crap. 

Puel has no idea.... the high ups need to wake up.  He won't be our manager in 5 years.. or in  one year .... or in 3 mths .... so wise up and let him go

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be a case of the club choosing Puel as its a directive from the top rather than something Puel has instilled in the club and so why a future manager wouldn't be appointed with this in mind. That Brendan Rodgers is often the link suggests to me the plan wouldn't be a departure from such a philosophy. The average age of first team players signed under Puel is pretty much exactly the same as it has been since January 2016. Chilwell has obviously come through and Hamza given a handful of games but I don't see Puel has done anything out of the ordinary with respect to young players - and we're not the only ones that are looking to make this shift either.

I just think the style of play is outdated by 5+ years. It was what decent teams were doing 10 years ago. It's just too slow, there's no dynamism to the play, it lacks intensity and energy. To me, it's the result of not pressing the ball high enough so we win the ball back too deep and don't have the players to play through the lines quickly enough to play this way effectively. Maybe he doesn't quite have the squad but he really doesn't need to play Mendy and Ndidi at home together every week. Mendy first half today spent so much time on the toes of the centre halves to get the ball off them with no Cardiff player within 10 yards, fine if you turn and push into the space with purpose but he just gave it to the other centre half - it achieves nothing. Best one was when he was stood behind Kasper and asked him for the ball. It's not like it's unique to today, it's most weeks. Fulham was the most pathetic - the first 15 minutes of that second half it was pathetic how inept we were, unable to get out of the centre circle. We end up getting pushed out wide to throw a cross in to nobody, it just looks clueless to me. Seriously does anyone watch most weeks and like our pattern of play, such little impetus to it.

This.

Todays worst teams can stop us.... this puelball is massively out of date

I am also annoyed he left hamza out. He would have created problems for cardiff today. A lot of their creativity was through the middle.

To not select a player who has been outstanding for the last few games and part of a winning mentality was basically absurd. I dont buy his tactical reasons for his omission at all.