Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

However you could argue it was his fault we started with the most contained and uninspiring central midfield pair in the Premier League (as a midfield two, they're wretched), made no brave, attacking changes, and continue to struggle against sides like this at home.

People will moan about folk booing at the end (and I'd never boo, achieves nothing) but people have the right to vent their frustration. The past two results have been above and beyond expectations but they're the exception rather than the rule – he'd buy more time if we turned a half decent shift in every now and then but we simply don't.

I agree with you here, but I think it just really highlights our lack of quality in CM. Silva and Iborra just haven't worked, so we only really have 3 of them and they're all more defensive than creative. He has to buy someone in January or magically rejuvenate one of Iborra/Silva.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Puels fault that Maddison took the penalty like an 8 year old schoolgirl? 

Puels fault Vardy was forced off because of fitness?

Puels fault the crowd boo iheanacho coming on? Would you want to play for us being bood for coming on? lol 

Puels fault only our right back had any energy after 60 minutes? Nothing to do with volume of games? 

Yes to all 4..

• Thanks 1

I don't like to single out a player but it's Gray for me, in side set up to be reliant attacking midfielders contribution Gray did very little, I only remember 1 decent cross from him, looked far more effective with ghezzal, really should have played with 2 strikers and why didn't nacho take the peno?

Im still on the fence with Puel as he has made some good signings and is trying to change our style etc but results like this do not endear the fans to him. Its not just the result, its the absolute horror show of a performance against a very poor side, yet again. If he continues to fail to find ways of beating the worst teams in the league then hes not going to last long. As amazing as the 2 wins against Chelsea and City were, its unusual to get points off these teams and we cannot rely on it consistently to get the points we need to get top 7. Ultimatley, to be the best of the rest, you have got to beat the rest at home. Not only was it a poor result but it was very frustrating and disappointing performance. Although the previous 2 results and performances were excellent, i dont think it makes up for the trash we have seen against fulham, palace and today. I would even add the west ham home game in there as well. I know Puel doesnt have the options he would like to have, especially in attack, but these players should be more than capable of beating Cardiff. Our league position is fine but we are so frustrating to watch this season. 

8 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Puels fault the crowd boo iheanacho coming on? Would you want to play for us being bood for coming on? lol 

Puels fault only our right back had any energy after 60 minutes? Nothing to do with volume of games? 

What exactly are matters that are the managers responsibility?

Not motivating players, getting shit  results against the worse teams in the division, playing with no attacking intensity or entertainment value for the fans would be up there for me. None of which this guy is capable of addressing. 

Additionallly we have big squad which he has had a hand in, in terms of two transfer windows; squad rotation should be utilised to aid with the right back and Vardy situations for me.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

I'm not having this bollocks about same team we win, we would have been equally inept. Tbf they did look right off the pace second half, probably needed mixing up a bit more if anything. Cardiff got what they deserved. Maddison's let us down there too, piss poor penalty but such a soft penalty to get in the first place.

However, that game encapsulates everything that's wrong with Puel bar two seemingly anomalous games (1.5 really - first half Chelsea was the same) No urgency to any of our play, nobody moving into the space, instead preferring a simple five yard pass, unable to play quickly, too many touches, too slow, too often coming short for the sole purpose of completing an extra pass (Albrighton so guilty of this first half), very little meaningful pattern to our play, so often just working outside to throw it into the box to nobody (Vardy has no chance up against the likes of Morrison and Bamba), playing two holding midfielders without a creative bone in their body, unable to get on the half turn and push forward. And all of it was so perfectly demonstrated by Mendy first half - it should come as no surprise of course that he's seemingly the man Puel trusts to carry out his play. It's the same most weeks against anyone outside the top 6 - in fact anyone half decent would have won more comfortably today.

I do excuse it somewhat as the last two games were mammoth efforts and we did look tired (Albrighton should not have played as he was visibly knackered at the start). But it's been the same pattern throughout all of 2018 pretty much. He deserves to stay for the last two results but as much as those two results are heavily positive for him, today's shower is heavily negative. Those last two results are just prolonging the agony. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sishades said:

Id this was the case please list all the amazing chanxes we had...face it we were absolutely appalling today against a relegation threatened side with only 2 points away from home. Shocking and incompetent from all.

Etheridge made 6 decent saves. Granted we should have been more clinical but we created loads of chances, enough to win the game easily. We were not appalling today. Sometimes you win when you don’t deserve too, sometimes you lose. Very fine margins 

• Like 1

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Puel can **** off, so fed up of his teams inability to break teams down and all the dropped points at home. I actually wish we'd lost to Chelsea and City so he'd be gone now 

Completley agree. 

Foxestalk lovin for puel but what is the point in a manager that cant outwit Neil warnock at home. 

It's the fans I feel sorry for. Minimum of 25-30 quid each to watch that total shambles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

No, but he's not blameless at the same time, we lack tempo and start slow in the majority of our home games. Understandable against the big sides, however it happens too often against lesser teams, for it not to be a conservative approach by the manager.

Similar to his time at Southampton we struggle to score goals.

We give ourselves a mountain to climb to often, I want him to succeed but he needs to be more positive.

• Like 1

I just want to see us have a plan to win games, a system that works with the players we have. The manager should have worked this out he has been here a while now. 

Today was a day to forget but we got 6 points from 9 over the last three games not terrible but could have been so much better.

i started to believe in the manager again after the last couple of games, but today showed how Poor our squad is and he can’t rotate without having a negative impact on results.

I can't believe anyone would support this club and at the same time have regretted beating Chelsea and Man City. Remember that rush when those games were over? That someone would prefer us 6 points worse off just to spite our manager is absolute madness to me.

• Like 2

Confidence should have been sky high today. We didn't capitalize on this. Two defensive midfielders and one upfront shows a lack of positive intent against a team that hadn't won away all season. This was compounded by the low tempo and lack of urgency. Ultimately, we got what we deserved. As someone said earlier, this is a pattern that we have seen too often before under Puel. Massive momentum lost. This manager just does not learn and it will cost him his job, probably sooner rather than later. He is simply too stubborn for his own good. 

Bloody fuming how he persists with a failed formula against teams who let us have possession.

Don’t know how he can be so proactive and tactically aware against the bigger sides and then shit the bed against lesser opposition.

I can see why his stubbornness supposedly irks players off. 

Still behind him but he really needs to realise his mistakes.

In the end though, it was admittedly a crap result, and also a performance that flattered to deceive, but if Madders had scored the peno and we'd held on - regardless of the performance people would largely be content right now. Just as things were very reactionary when we beat Chelsea and Man City to slam the Puel out-ers, the sheer amount of told-you-so and stretches people are doing here is classic FT.