Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

People are talking about the selection. It’s rubbish. That 11 is better than their 11. Full stop.

The problem is the way they were set up and that they were asked to play the style Puel believes in which has time and again shown itself to be ineffective at breaking down an opposition side who first and foremost sit in and defend.

How can some not see that?

I honestly think even if we’d had a couple of extra first teamers out there tonight we’d have still struggled. I’ve not seen any performance of late that tells me we can cope with having more of the ball than the opposition.

But that’s what he was brought in to do.

It’s side-to-side. It’s uninspired. It lacks creativity and impetus. It’s dull. And it’s ultimately completely ineffective.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And rightly so. You can bring in whoever you want, but they have still got to deal with a bloated and frankly woeful squad backup. The problems aren't all on him. 

To be fair the use of the squad and tactics have at times been woeful.  You can understand why people doubt him

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I admire you patience - your view is as valid as mine.

When you basically we say we had no chances and he says we did, and literally anyone with eyes can see we missed loads of chances and the stats and lowlights show we had loads of chances, your view is not valid. It's a blatantly wrong point of view, like saying the moon is made of cheese or that Okazaki is a striker.

11 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

You could give this side to the best manager in the world and they would still have to play the same players that blew the match.

A better manager would know how to lift the team up when they down. If am honest sometimes i feel like the players manage the team and not the peul but personally untill hes starts kicking player up the dung hole and learns from his mistakes hes not good enough to take us to the next stage and i feel we should be if the owers are investing so much money in to club with expansion of the ground and new training ground etc they need that better manger

Edited by TeamRocket
  • Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

When you basically we say we had no chances and he says we did, and literally anyone with eyes can see we missed loads of chances and the stats and lowlights show we had loads of chances, your view is not valid. It's a blatantly wrong point of view, like saying the moon is made of cheese or that Okazaki is a striker.

Find yourself a girl who’s willing to defend you and stick by you as much as Babylon...lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

If Okazaki is a striker why the **** would you play him in a 4231 up front?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Not taking the FA Cup seriously is the worst thing for me

obviously he won’t get the sack however he isn’t doing himself any favours playing weakened teams in Cup games 

very very poor

£12m, £3m, £2m (title winner), £1m (title winner), Free (title winner), Free (title winner) , £1m, Kid, £12m, £25m, £8m (title winner). Against a team that probably cost as much as one of our players cars. 

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

£12m, £3m, £2m (title winner), £1m (title winner), Free (title winner), Free (title winner) , £1m, Kid, £12m, £25m, £8m (title winner). Against a team that probably cost as much as one of our players cars. 

The buck stops with the manager sadly babs 

he isn’t good enough

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The players should have still won that but it's bordering blind apologism to say it's entirely on them. How many people pre match thought hey they could do us here cos of that line up. It's the complete wrong mentality. Matty James can barely ****ing run, Okazaki has had a good 15 minutes in the last year, hasn't scored for 33 games playing behind a player that hasn't scored for 15 games, bringing on King who hasn't played for us in a year when you desperately need a goal. Maybe the players lacked desire but the management hardly led from the front in that respect.

Went into it with the wrong mentality and got exactly what we deserved, thinking we could play a bunch of players that have barely played with each other and who are out of form or not in our plans. Everyone involved should be embarrassed and carry the can for it, not just the players, not just the managers. **** off with your automatic must defend Puel.

I've accepted he should get the season, that the results are plenty enough for him to keep his job despite the football so I don't see reason to hound him. But beat Chelsea=superb tactics from Puel, lose to Newport=all on the players that.  

This wasn't about tactics. It was all about the insulting team he put out. Typical foreign manager with no idea or respect for the oldest football cup competition in the world or what it means to us the fans. I mean what else did we have to play for this season? 

As soon as I saw the starting eleven I thought you cheek bugger you are just asking to get beat. Newport must have thought their boat had come in. How anyone on here can even try and defend Puel as a manager after that beggar's belief. Unfortunately, I fear we are stuck with him till the end of the season, but with now nothing to play for I can't wait until the seasons over and see the back of this obvious fraud.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

I’m with you. It’s absolute garbage that we didn’t take it seriously or rather the manager didn’t. 

The problem is simply that despite a strong 11 the squad isn’t good enough. CP can see that but needs time to change it. 

Nacho was dreadful today but who but who else is there with Vardy needing a break. 

4 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

To be fair the use of the squad and tactics have at times been woeful.  You can understand why people doubt him

I think it's also been overblown massively, we've had loads of injuries that have caused a lot of it and today this lot should have still won. 

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

The buck stops with the manager sadly babs 

he isn’t good enough

Good enough for what?

We are 7th in the league and I can tell you that's more than what would have been expected at the start of the season.

The manager has to take responsibility for managing the players correctly both on and off the field.

He isn't managing the squad effectively enough and when called upon, the squad players were woefully short of what was required.

He's ok with the core set of players most of the time but it's clear the fringe players are not with him at all after that today.

Appalling all round. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Their manager said before the game he was hoping Vardy wouldn’t start! That’s the mentality those Newport players would not be quaking in their boots seeing that Leicester side today tbh 

1 minute ago, roblcfc84 said:

I’m with you. It’s absolute garbage that we didn’t take it seriously or rather the manager didn’t. 

The problem is simply that despite a strong 11 the squad isn’t good enough. CP can see that but needs time to change it. 

Nacho was dreadful today but who but who else is there with Vardy needing a break. 

Give some kid from the under 23s a chance prob have more goals in one game then nacho in a season