Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

5 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

How is it? How many inspired, played them off the park performances have there been so far this season? What makes you think this will change?

We've been the better side in the majority of our games this season. Just need to be more clinical, there's been plenty of games we should have won. 

The huge problem with Puel is that he doesn’t play players to there strengths! 

Tuday was was his fault because 1 Iheanacho isn’t a loan striker ( I don’t know what he is tbh) Okazaki hasn’t scored In I don’t know how long (40 games apparently ?

i said it in pre season we needed more strikers and I was mocked at for it! We needed a better replacement than Ghezzal also!

but Puel picks the team and tactics and a lot of times it doesn’t work... more often than not (37% win ratio) 

Recruitment team needs sorting out too 

Edited by chapero82

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Thank you and I admit the post you quoted was short and a little sarcastic.  My point is that IF we were consistent we would be in the top three.  The reason Man City, Liverpool, etc are consistent is that they have squads that cost far more than ours.  Look at the teams around us (Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, etc) and what links them all?  They are all inconsistent.  The teams at the bottom are consistently bad.  Of course we should aim for consistency and it is massively frustrating when we beat a big team then fvck up against a smaller team but I like to look at the bigger picture.  We are a work in progress and I can see where we are trying to go.  X

I know what you mean and I can also see what he is trying to do and I was undecided on Puel until very recently as I think he has the right vision but I am no longer sure that he is the man to do it. I will also admit I am not sure who is. I think it is the lack of a plan B that is annoying me he seems to have his way of playing and it doesn’t change during the game ( with the exception of the Man City game where his tactical decision worked wonders). And that plus he constant statements of he is happy with his squad and doesn’t want to bring anyone in in January worries me as that does not sound like a manager that wants to improve.

4 minutes ago, nettle said:

Why can't we win the FA cup now though wouldn't it be nice to try and win it.

Nothing wrong in Ambitions and dreams...but taking even a decent run as an entitlement...pushes expectations too far...

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

People are moaning when we are 7th, I'm sorry but they are sure as shit going to moan if we were further down the league.

But why are people moaning is what you need to ask, he threw away the league cup, in which we'd have most likely made it to Wembley and he's thrown away today a cup a lot of fans value. Im not suggesting people are moaning just based on the cup competitions, of course there's clearly people who don't like his style of football and his lack of passion with his rather sterile persona and will use any result to push an agenda , but if he had taken the man city game with importance and today then he'd have a lot more supporters than haters and that's a simple fact, he doesn't do himself any favours throwing away games like this. You can make the excuse that yes that team should've won, but that Andy king sub summed it up, He doesn't value the cup like the fans and that's only going to advance the pitchforks 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Where have I said Puel should be sacked here?

You're so defensive about Puel it's weird.

He gets until the end of the season for me and then we look at things again.

I wasn't even going to respond to the Pochettino comment, but not sure what relevance that has, seeing as they went through?

Was Puel solely to blame today? No of course not.

We're the players solely to blame? No.

I said the players were to blame primarily. Thats all i said

You replied quite angrily about me having some sort of inconsistency regarding Puel. I dont. I always blame the players when we lose :)

To then come out and make out i am weirdly going over the top over Puel is what you did.

I dont know why that Poc part isnt relevant. Same team, same result bar a crazy handball

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Unlike a lot of other people’s opinions, I have no complaints about the rotation, especially after the hectic schedule we have in England. 

I just can’t take to him, his tactics/brand of football and lack of aggression. I don’t bother listening to post match interviews anymore, same s*** different day. I’ve not found a single press conference inspiring, what must his team talks be like? May be the opposite but doubt it. And you go to the ground now and there’s ... just something missing. The atmosphere is still one of disbelief at what happened to Khun Vichai, but nothing on the pitch (except Cardiff away) gets the crowd going. 

I am not enjoying nor excited with him at the helm but is that enough to get sacked... because not all of us are entertained.. I don’t know anymore, I guess nothing will happen until the end of the season, and would I blame Top ... after everything that’s happened... no. 

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Puel is in the PROCESS of overhauling the squad.  The squad is bloated, uneven and contains too many average players.  Last window he solved our RB issue, added a quality young number 10 and bought two very young CBs who look to have the potential to succeed at this level.  During this window and the summer I would imagine him to come close to finishing his overhaul.  If by the start of next season we still have no decent striker other than Vardy, still have a bloated uneven squad and have not invested in a quality CM then by all means we can ask questions of Puel.   The madness in sacking him now is that he was given a remit and he is only half way through it.  He needs backing until he has finished.  And anyone asking why he deserves patience needs to look at the league.  We are currently on course for the 2nd highest Premier League finish in the history of our club.  The 2nd highest ever.  Is that all we should ever settle for?  Of course not but is it a sackable offence?  I can't see that it is?  Today was a deeply depressing match and result but I'm not so fickle as to change my view of Puel over this one result.  I can see where he is trying to take us.  he may never make it, he may not be good enough but we cannot say with certainty anything yet other than "we are currently on course for our 2nd best Premier League Finish ever".  X

I don't post on here often - not often at all - but I've been a supporter for more than 50 years, and have my name on a brick in the wall (my dad did that) - but this is the best post - it is so sad to me that, Leicester, one of the most racially tolerant cities in the UK, with their team 7th in the league, don't like their manager because he"s FRENCH, and thoughtful and not very charismatic. ****in good job Arsenal fans didn't think that back in the day.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Where have I said Puel should be sacked here?

You're so defensive about Puel it's weird.

He gets until the end of the season for me and then we look at things again.

I wasn't even going to respond to the Pochettino comment, but not sure what relevance that has, seeing as they went through?

Was Puel solely to blame today? No of course not.

We're the players solely to blame? No.

In fear of looking like a Puel blower, i'll say what he got wrong

Should have started gray over marc. Gray has a point to prove and doesnt need the rest.

Marc coming on in the 2nd half would have been better

4 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Not good enough babs. We haven’t got the quality in depth that big 6 have

I’m disgusted with this and the league cup farce 

enough is enough 

Puel OUT

Good job we didn't take that view with Pearson and all his wanky cup losses.

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

If you honestly can't see that he put out a second even third string side out then there really is no hope. Who would have guessed he would play James in midfield? Christ he hasn't been anywhere near the first team in years. 

Where did i say he didnt put the 2nd team out? I said he put a strong team out that should have been more than capable of beating Newport. Im not saying Puel is blameless as we win as a team and lose as a team but the players have got to take most of the blame for that shit show. James was a strange selection i admit and id have played Gray over Ghezzal but other than that, id have selected the same team. If you honestly think we should have played Vardy, Maguire, Chilly etc today then there is no hope for you! Give me the choice of a fully fit first 11 and not being in the 4th round of a cup we wouldnt win anyway or risk having key players injured for the rest of the season, potentially dropping down the league and being in the 4th round then id take the 1st option. No guarantees we would have won today with a first 11. 

Im sure some of the Puel outers actually want our key players injured/not fully fit so we dont keep getting results like we did against City,chelsea and everton! 

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Good enough for what?

We are 7th in the league and I can tell you that's more than what would have been expected at the start of the season.

Can I just ask if you don’t think 7th would be the aim at the start of the season who else other than Everton at the start of the season you would have thought would finish above us?

13 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I know what you mean and I can also see what he is trying to do and I was undecided on Puel until very recently as I think he has the right vision but I am no longer sure that he is the man to do it. I will also admit I am not sure who is. I think it is the lack of a plan B that is annoying me he seems to have his way of playing and it doesn’t change during the game ( with the exception of the Man City game where his tactical decision worked wonders). And that plus he constant statements of he is happy with his squad and doesn’t want to bring anyone in in January worries me as that does not sound like a manager that wants to improve.

Yeah I know where you are coming from.  I personally want him to stay but I understand people's frustrations when voiced reasonably like you do.  :)

34 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Puel is in the PROCESS of overhauling the squad.  The squad is bloated, uneven and contains too many average players.  Last window he solved our RB issue, added a quality young number 10 and bought two very young CBs who look to have the potential to succeed at this level.  During this window and the summer I would imagine him to come close to finishing his overhaul.  If by the start of next season we still have no decent striker other than Vardy, still have a bloated uneven squad and have not invested in a quality CM then by all means we can ask questions of Puel.   The madness in sacking him now is that he was given a remit and he is only half way through it.  He needs backing until he has finished.  And anyone asking why he deserves patience needs to look at the league.  We are currently on course for the 2nd highest Premier League finish in the history of our club.  The 2nd highest ever.  Is that all we should ever settle for?  Of course not but is it a sackable offence?  I can't see that it is?  Today was a deeply depressing match and result but I'm not so fickle as to change my view of Puel over this one result.  I can see where he is trying to take us.  he may never make it, he may not be good enough but we cannot say with certainty anything yet other than "we are currently on course for our 2nd best Premier League Finish ever".  X

This in a nutshell. There is a lot of noise out there, Puel Out / Puel In, but if you are on the fence and have to read one post tonight, make this one it. Rumble, talking sense as ever bringing a little perspective. We are rebuilding, 7th is pretty bloody good. He’s been here 1.5 seasons, transformed the squad and is half way through a realistic contract. 

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

This in a nutshell. There is a lot of noise out there, Puel Out / Puel In, but if you are on the fence and have to read one post tonight, make this one it. Rumble, talking sense as ever bringing a little perspective. We are rebuilding, 7th is pretty bloody good. He’s been here 1.5 seasons, transformed the squad and is half way through a realistic contract. 

Cheers me duck.  X

• Like 1

Just now, lcfcbluearmy said:

Can I just ask if you don’t think 7th would be the aim at the start of the season who else other than Everton at the start of the season you would have thought would finish above us?

Everton and West Ham. A top 10 finish would have been what was expected, they aren't shy about setting big targets like Europe. But they have clearly changed their attitude the last year and talk went to consolidation and transition. Which hardly screams confidence and big targets.