Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Need someone who knows how to pick an A team, B team and a C team not play people who dont know where the net is or pass a ball or even defend it. Team has no passion, has no "foxes never quit" attitude n that is down to the manager to pick the team up when they down, to kick them up the glutts when they dont put there part of the team work in to the team and if he cant do that or show any passions for where he would like to see the team he needs to go. He cant afford to unmotivated or unpassionate he is ment to be the leader and hes not so he goes simple 

Edited by TeamRocket

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He will be rightly criticized for the selection and some of the decisions today, but that side should have been capable of winning the game today.

I don’t think anyone with a brain (although apparently I’ve got shit for brains) would disagree. Whatever side he put out should’ve won. 

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What are you on about?

Those players were good enough to win that game. If you think they're not then you're admitting the squad is poor

You have to use the squad in games like this

Thought I was pretty clear. You're saying Puel has no blame attached to him for losing to a league 2 side.

The squad IS poor, no problem with admitting that.

You don't have to rotate as much as he did, even neutrals like Shearer and Wright can see that.

You can't put 100% of the blame at the players' door, if you do your just as deluded as people who blame performances and results solely on Puel.

The players, Puel and the backroom staff should all share the blame, just as they should take the plaudits when we do well.

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Actually, no we don't. 

Tactics are the issue, why play away at a league two side with two holding midfielders, strikers who are nowhere near sharp and no back up on the bench? 

I'll admit there are several players who need showing the door but a fresh face and new ideas could bring that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

who did we have out there who could create channces?  -

why are we playing such dull football that we can't open up a div 2 side?

We had a load of chances including hitting the bar, having the ball cleared off the line (twice) and multiple blocks in the box. The difference wasn’t having a team capable of creating chances, the difference was having someone who could finish those off. 

Oki and Nacho can go as far as I’m concerned as they need to shoulder the blame for not finishing off those chances and haven’t shown enough this season to warrant faith, but I don’t think Puel should suffer the same fate. He deserves another transfer window (at least) to see if he can fix our strike force in the same way as he’s sorted the back 4 out. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

We had a load of chances including hitting the bar, having the ball cleared off the line (twice) and multiple blocks in the box. The difference wasn’t having a team capable of creating chances, the difference was having someone who could finish those off. 

Oki and Nacho can go as far as I’m concerned as they need to shoulder the blame for not finishing off those chances and haven’t shown enough this season to warrant faith, but I don’t think Puel should suffer the same fate. He deserves another transfer window (at least) to see if he can fix our strike force in the same way as he’s sorted the back 4 out. 

I admire you patience - your view is as valid as mine.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

who did we have out there who could create channces?  -

why are we playing such dull football that we can't open up a div 2 side?

We created a shit load of chances, enough to win about 5 games if we could actually finish out dinner. Surely you can see that. 

• Like 1

He's got get the club to 7th now if he stays but some of his decisions are plain awful . The strength in depth is there to put out that lot out and in doing so disrespect a mediocre league 2 club - cause Athens moment it's now Wales 2-0 which bad . realistically they should a be ashamed of themselves and purl should walk but with city it doesn't happen like that normally 

Sorry but not sure you can blame CP for the some of the performances today. He’s being held accountable for consistently bad business since we won the league and failure to move players on who are past their best. 

Hes clearly trying to do that but it will take time!

16 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

It was good enough, but it still gave a big risk of losing. You look at the players in the starting 11. Most of them low on confidence, haven’t played much this season or together. Where were the goals going to come from with that front 4?

We have to play these players at some point. These are opportunities to prove themselves that must be given

A shame they didnt take the opportunity

9 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Need someone who knows how to pick an A team, B team and a C team not play people who dont know where the net is or pass a ball or even defend it. Team has no passion, has no "foxes never quit" attitude n that is down to the manager to pick the team up when they down, to kick them up the glutts when they dont put there part of the team work in to the team and if he cant do that or show any passions for where he would like to see the team he needs to go. He cant afford to unmotivated or unpassionate he is ment to be the leader and hes not so he goes simple 

You could give this side to the best manager in the world and they would still have to play the same players that blew the match.

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Puel is still going nowhere

And rightly so. You can bring in whoever you want, but they have still got to deal with a bloated and frankly woeful squad backup. The problems aren't all on him. 

9 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Thought I was pretty clear. You're saying Puel has no blame attached to him for losing to a league 2 side.

You don't have to rotate as much as he did, even neutrals like Shearer and Wright can see that.

You can't put 100% of the blame at the players' door, if you do your just as deluded as people who blame performances and results solely on Puel.

The players, Puel and the backroom staff should all share the blame, just as they should take the plaudits when we do well.

Sorry, this made me chuckle. Pretty sure the rhetoric during the match indicated that the upset made the best TV :)

1 minute ago, Manini said:

There’s going to be a few mardy arses for the rest of the season, I’d put good money on him not going anywhere soon. Grown men acting like spoilt ****ing children it’s unbelievable.

Yet disappointingly expected and on schedule. 

14 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Didnt Spurs draw with these last year? So should Pocettino have been sacked?

I know I probably misspelled his name

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

11 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

None of those things put the ball in the back of the net though, the chances were there no matter what you think of his team selection or the performance. These are meant to be pro footballers and half of them couldn't head or kick straight from 6 yards out. 

Yeah there are question marks around his own performance of course, but christ I could list more than a dozen players who offer absolutely nothing to this squad. We have so little outside the first 11 it's scary.