Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Quick questions:

Has any Premier League manager been sacked for losing a Cup game?

Has any Premier League manager been sacked for losing games in the Premier League?

If you want to keep your Premier League Job, which would you prioritise?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Phube said:

Quick questions:

Has any Premier League manager been sacked for losing a Cup game?

Has any Premier League manager been sacked for losing games in the Premier League?

If you want to keep your Premier League Job, which would you prioritise?

Ranieri? 

41 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Puel is in the PROCESS of overhauling the squad.  The squad is bloated, uneven and contains too many average players.  Last window he solved our RB issue, added a quality young number 10 and bought two very young CBs who look to have the potential to succeed at this level.  During this window and the summer I would imagine him to come close to finishing his overhaul.  If by the start of next season we still have no decent striker other than Vardy, still have a bloated uneven squad and have not invested in a quality CM then by all means we can ask questions of Puel.   The madness in sacking him now is that he was given a remit and he is only half way through it.  He needs backing until he has finished.  And anyone asking why he deserves patience needs to look at the league.  We are currently on course for the 2nd highest Premier League finish in the history of our club.  The 2nd highest ever.  Is that all we should ever settle for?  Of course not but is it a sackable offence?  I can't see that it is?  Today was a deeply depressing match and result but I'm not so fickle as to change my view of Puel over this one result.  I can see where he is trying to take us.  he may never make it, he may not be good enough but we cannot say with certainty anything yet other than "we are currently on course for our 2nd best Premier League Finish ever".  X

top 3...post of the season....!!!

No need to read or post further..!!

Whenever he does go, be it sacked or resigning, be it one week, one month, one year or beyond, people will still bitch and moan. People will still write off signings before they’ve pulled on a shirt, people will still blame the replacement for a poor performance etc. The reality is the club are building for the long term with the training ground and the expansion, all of which costs money. I can’t see them forking our millions in payoffs when we are 7th in the league. Unless the league position falls off a cliff or the atmosphere becomes so poisonous, then we have got to ride out the highs and lows. Today he has not helped himself though, and that is down to him and the players 

No post match from him today. Possibly nothing but i'm sure the twitter team always try to get a comment, Wes gave it today.

Not surprised mind he looked like he wanted to kill everyone on the pitch lol 

4 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Whenever he does go, be it sacked or resigning, be it one week, one month, one year or beyond, people will still bitch and moan. People will still write off signings before they’ve pulled on a shirt, people will still blame the replacement for a poor performance etc. The reality is the club are building for the long term with the training ground and the expansion, all of which costs money. I can’t see them forking our millions in payoffs when we are 7th in the league. Unless the league position falls off a cliff or the atmosphere becomes so poisonous, then we have got to ride out the highs and lows. Today he has not helped himself though, and that is down to him and the players 

I think this is the reality and what is going through the owners minds. Especially until the end of the season at least. It does get frustrating for us as we see everything that made us who are over the last 6/7 years or so slowly change into something else.

I am not his biggest fan (odd team selections and subs etc) but we might as well keep puel till the end of the season to see how we finish - if we drop from the 6/7 place race like we did last season (he did the same at Southampton as well) then he should move on. The other critical area to sort out is recruitment - I don’t know the exact stats but it feels like about 1 out of 8 purchases seem to make the grade. Not really good enough for a team wanting to challenge at the top half of the table and wastes time and money - poor scouting is really costing us. Not sure how much input puel has in our transfers in and out.?

9 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I said the players were to blame primarily. Thats all i said

You replied quite angrily about me having some sort of inconsistency regarding Puel. I dont. I always blame the players when we lose :)

To then come out and make out i am weirdly going over the top over Puel is what you did.

I dont know why that Poc part isnt relevant. Same team, same result bar a crazy handball

Your exact words were "Can only blame the players for that". That is not 'primarily' blaming the players. That is discounting Puel of any blame, I've merely pointed out that both the players and manager are to blame.

The Pochettino point isn't relevant as I never said Puel should be sacked, which is what you implied when making the point.

1 minute ago, Fosse93 said:

Your exact words were "Can only blame the players for that". That is not 'primarily' blaming the players. That is discounting Puel of any blame, I've merely pointed out that both the players and manager are to blame.

The Pochettino point isn't relevant as I never said Puel should be sacked, which is what you implied when making the point.

In my opinion the players didnt play as well individually as they could have, didnt see them on it. Thats all I meant. Posting in a hot thread with Puel and sack in the title

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You get sacked for failing to meet your targets. Whatever they are. 

If our owners expected a cup run and he plays his reserves against Man City for no obvious reason and loses, then plays Matty James and Andy King in the FA Cup and loses then, yes, he should be worried for his job. 

It's almost like giving Top the middle finger and saying **** your objectives. It doesn't matter where we are in the league. 

But we don't know really know if that's the case. We don't know what Vichai set out as Puel's mandate for the season. 

I think one thing none of us can deny, whether we like Puel or not, is that the squad is ludicrously thin and you only have to scratch the surface to find absolute dross. I'd personally argue that, in fairness to Puel, I don't actually think he has a good starting 11, let alone squad. We don't have a single winger that inspires me with any confidence except our right back. 

So with such a lack of depth, do we believe Vichai (and now Top) would have expected us to win a cup competition and be top half? I'd personally be surprised really. 

Make no mistake, the buck stops with the manager and the board will be extremely unhappy with the undeniable embarrassment of this result. But I highly doubt success in this competition was a key part of how CP will be measured this year. 

You're alright. 

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

We just set up in some game like we’re not arsed about winning and it’s pissing me off now, up and down like a yo-yo with Puel in charge.

This is supporting Lestoh. You'll up next weekend, or snap your string. I'll be the same, always have been regardless of who is supposedly in charge.

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm not a 'Puel inner'. I'm a 'Give Puel a chancer', and still am. But even I'd admit he had a ****ter today. Doesn't make things easy for himself does he?

Every word here is absolutely how I feel.

Playing Shinji with Maddison on the bench after being rested v Everton, not having Vardy on the bench and bringing King on for James is hard to defend.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

who is running the first team?

are you seriously telling me that puel decided it was right to replace James with king in that situation ??????

that looked pre arranged and puel didn’t have either the authority or guts to over rule it ..... very worrying ...........

it wasn’t the right change given the circumstances........

I had no problem with any of Puel's substitutions today.

James hadn't played in an age and bringing on King it was a like for like swap and King has a goal in him.