Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Puel deserves criticism for not buying a striker (or assuming Ian would be decent) and buying a fairly poor winger (Ghezzal).

That performances was bad, though, and it wasn't like the players were playing their socks off but were given poor instructions.

Just now, Babylon said:

Agree, for me it was too big a risk and he should have gone with Mendy instead. You basically know you are one sub down already starting James.

James was great way back before these injuries, but agree he shouldn't have started this game. Too much for him. He needed to be ease back in. Makes it all the crazier that Iborra is off though. Would have been a better starter if we did go second string still.

3 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

Puel can’t put it in the back of the net for them. We had the players out there to create the chances and win the game but they have to put it in the back of the net themselves. 

Only gripe I have is not having Vardy in the squad at all. 

who did we have out there who could create channces?  -

why are we playing such dull football that we can't open up a div 2 side?

Should be utterly ashamed of himself. When did it become acceptable to spunk a league cup quarter final up the wall and then throw in the towel in round 3 of the Fa Cup? Disrespectful to the competitions, the opposition and the club. What exactly is he trying to achieve? Such a ****fruit!

• Like 4

I’m not in any in/out brigade, I do think we need to look at what players we play & when tho. Matty James was bang average 1 year ago why we invest so much time and effort to get him back to being less of a bang average player. Then we sub him for a player not good enough for our PL squad who hasn’t played for a year. We persist with a striker who has done nothing for us & a winger who is a dog cr@p copy of someone we used to have. 

We we need to recruit better, look at these young England players coming through now ffs. Solanke, Brewster, Hudson Odoi, Foden, Sancho, Gibbs White. Not saying we could sign those players but that’s where we should be looking to improve the squad long term, not bring back average Matt after being injured for 3 years?!?

• Like 1

It was crap all round, the players didn't look up for it and didn't take their chances. So they should take the blame.

But likewise Puel picked those fringe players and set the team up wrong, which against weaker sides is a reoccurring theme. He doesn't help himself the bloke is way too stubborn and inflexible to his approach. 

We're 7th but I can see why he divides opinion, at times it's like watching paint dry.

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I was alarmed by the performances...  Yet I think this was a massive miscalculation by puel.  Let's face it his foot ball isn't scintillating at the best of times - once again we produced nothing.... in a game the form book might say we should have scored 6 goals.  we're like a guy who can't find his arse with both hands.Yes the players were poor - who is responsible for sending them out?

All the manager can do is implement a strategy that put the players in good position to execute. He did that. Our players are exhausted and need a rest. Vardy is nursing a groin injury no matter what Puel says, it is screaming obvious with all the limping. 

When we have played games in the past where the sum total of our attack is Albrighton sending in crosses when Vardy is the only Fox in the box and bracketed by three defenders, absolutely Claude should be f'ing ripped. I have certainly done so. But when his tactics present a ton of terrific goal-scoring opportunities but our players cannot score from five feet away, that is not the time to focus on Puel. This is wholly on the players, 100%, full stop.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shaqq said:

I really appreciate Babylon using his time discussing this with people who are clearly "simple". I for one cba with them :clap:

I will say this, if you truly believe that Puel should go when we are 7th in the league and building a young squad, then you:

a) Started supporting us after we won the league.

b) Have a completely unrealistic view of what we should achieve.

c) Are fvcking stupid.

Or have a completely different point of view of the game than yourself. Nothing wrong with that. 

The only hope we had of winning anything this year was in a cup, and he rests all our best players in both competitions. League we will finish 7th-12th regardless. 

I’m in the puel out camp now, just, but him having to win every game to justify his job is a joke.

That was embarrassing today, and if puel is sacked because of it, it would only be right to sack at least 9 players from today, and players that a paid to score and score 1 in 41 games, players paid to play but are always not available through injury, I could go on, but there is so much wrong with this squad, that it’s so much more than puel 

• Like 2

Guest Cujek

We need to chop this pathetic madman in asap he is a total embarrassment to the club and the city.

He is totally clueless.

Quite clear before this game that he doesn't have a working plan to beat teams who park in the bus and now he's proved it against a league 2 side. This guy only has a plan to sit back and scalp top 6 teams. I know there was some horrendous finishing today but in that first half we made Newport look like a decent PL outfit. That's ****ing nuts. He best get it sorted quick!