Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just proves what a crap group of fans,plus football pundits we have on BBC....(Liniker go dig a hole!!?)

So now we get knocked out of the cup,disapointing,frustrating as it is.....

So called fans of Leicester city...have the audacity,the arrogance (like Shearer and Wright),to say the season is over!!!!

That 7th-10th in the PL for a club like Leicester,means nothing to play for!!!  Season over!!!!

That means we have played one season from 135+ since we were founded!!? 

Probably I am too old for knee-jerk reactions.. 

But any ,and I mean any fan who believes,today s loss,is the end of our season..has just signed themselves onto the Plastc list!??

Like what happens to all fans...Today I am hurting,because not Puel,but these players who no doubt like their agents have been moaning

Behind the scenes ,how good they are !!!! Even I thought we had a good 14-16 decent top half decent PL players...Well we havent!!! End of!!

We created again...but we can't convert,clinically or sloppily!!!  On good chances alone,we should of seen this game home!!!

Nacho ,has had umpteen chances to  restart his career...Today was another Nail in that coffin!!I

I hope some of you take an aspirin and settle down...but please don't come on here under the pretence of being a city fan,then continue

with the nonsense...That only competing for 7th means our season is over....Plus the idea that we "MUST" win the cup to show how good

we are...!!! Or our season is finished!!  Let me reserve ,some places at Greenacres for you poor boys....> Sorry just enqired, not enough rooms<..!!

Oh!! By n by we have never won the FA,cup!!!..:D So why now the OTT expectations...!

• Like 3

Just now, Bob Hazels shorts said:

The side was an insult.

These players are past their best and it can't be underestimated the difference having our regular developing players alongside them makes.

Six of that starting line up - Simpson, Morgan, Evans, Fuchs, Hamza and Albrighton - played and won against either Everton, Chelsea and Man City or all three. Ward has been excellent.

That's seven current Premier Leauge quality players.

Ghazzel, Shinji, James and Iheanacho were poor. But that doesn't make the team an insult.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

No it’s not 7th is about exactly what was expected at the start of the season.

Except the owners clearly stated we were in a period of transition, the talk of Europe stopped long ago. So no, it wasn't really. 

The issue is except for a few odd games we have not looked good enough and we aren’t beating the teams below us. We are not pushing on and improving and with the amount of money that the owners are putting into the club isn’t good enough.

How can you actually write this stuff with a straight face? No we've not looked amazing, you'll not find anyone arguing that we have. But just for the record, we've beaten 7 of the 13 teams below us. Not pushing on and improving, we're 7th in the league. You do realise that the previous two managers lost their jobs for getting us in the bottom three?

As for the money, it's not that much more than anyone else in the middle of the table currently. I'm not sure you understand what's actually being spent and what isn't. Plus, you seem to forget that most of it has been pissed down the drain and not by the person currently in charge, on a load of old shite. 

Its not about where we are in the league it’s about the performances he is getting out of a talented squad are not good enough. Losing to Cardiff, Crystal Palace and not beating Fulham are three huge examples and losing to Newport just tops it off

The squad is crap outside the starting 11, end of story. Plus how do you even know what this squad can or can't do. All we've seen this lot do is lose regularly before Puel arrived. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's all very easy to say this, but if he started resting players in the league for cup games and then we started losing more regularly, you and all the others would be saying he should be sacked because of the league. Two places in the league wins you more in prize money than the FA Cup, that is the sad reality of football today. 

Yeah I checked the prize money …. the winner gets about £7 million in total … chicken feed for Premier League clubs.

Sad state of affairs though if owners and managers would rather be two or three places higher in the league than winning this great cup.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Just proves what a crap group of fans,plus football pundits we have on BBC....(Liniker go dig a hole!!?)

So called fans of Leicester city...have the audacity,the arrogance (like Shearer and Wright),to say the season is over!!!!

That 7th-10th in the PL for a club like Leicester,means nothing to play for!!!  Season over!!!!

But any ,and I mean any fan who believes,today s loss,is the end of our season..has just signed themselves onto the Plastc list!??

Like what happens to all fans...Today I am hurting,because not Puel,but these players who no doubt like their agents have been moaning

Behind the scenes ,how good they are !!!! Even I thought we had a good 14-16 decent top half decent PL players...Well we havent!!! End of!!

We created again...but we can't convert,clinically or sloppily!!!  On good chances alone,we should of seen this game home!!!

Nacho ,has had umpteen chances to  restart his career...Today was another Nail in that coffin!!I

I hope some of you take an aspirin and settle down...but please don't come on here under the pretence of being a city fan,then continue

with the nonsense...That only competing for 7th means our season is over....Plus the idea that we "MUST" win the cup to show how good

we are...!!! Or our season is finished!!  Let me reserve ,some places at Greenacres for you poor boys....> Sorry just enqired, not enough rooms<..!!

Oh!! By n by we have never won the FA,cup!!!..:D So why now the OTT expectations...!

I wish I could both react with a like and a confused.

I like your posts usually as I think you make a lot of sense most of the time but the point is if we hadn’t beat Man City and chealsea which were good performances but probably not repeatable we would be down in 14th on 25 points. We are not consistent and we are not beating the teams we should be beating and are relying on the occasional amazing performance to keep us on the top half and that worries me

Thank you and I admit the post you quoted was short and a little sarcastic.  My point is that IF we were consistent we would be in the top three.  The reason Man City, Liverpool, etc are consistent is that they have squads that cost far more than ours.  Look at the teams around us (Everton, West Ham, Bournemouth, etc) and what links them all?  They are all inconsistent.  The teams at the bottom are consistently bad.  Of course we should aim for consistency and it is massively frustrating when we beat a big team then fvck up against a smaller team but I like to look at the bigger picture.  We are a work in progress and I can see where we are trying to go.  X

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe it's not the managers decision to prioritise which competitions the team focuses on? Just a thought. 

Well if it's not then he's nothing but a puppet with no right to manage. Every manager should endeavour to win every match. I can't believe anyone from the board told him not to bother with the F.A cup after all what else have we got to aim at this season?

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

if Vardy is off for an extended amount of time, the season will be over.

As things stand, it's on a knife edge for me, could go either way.

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's all very easy to say this, but if he started resting players in the league for cup games and then we started losing more regularly, you and all the others would be saying he should be sacked because of the league. Two places in the league wins you more in prize money than the FA Cup, that is the sad reality of football today. 

I don't think anyone in the fanbase would be complaining about resting players for cup games, nobody cares about how much money the club wins at the end of the season, we don't get a trophy for 7th place, we have nothing to worry about this season, it's pathetic in all honesty, there was no reason to rest anyone anyway

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Perhaps this will help. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 19.19.53.png

That middle group is anybodies. 5 points away from 14th, 7 points away from 6th  :D Still a good feat mind. God knows how we are there because we've looked dross all season.

Edited by bfox

I think we will get to 40 points soonish and then lose a lot on the spin, the intensiteeee won't be there and we will nosedive, putting us in the same bracket as what Pulis did season on season for West Brom.

Think Top will stick until the end of the season, we should be looking at the best out there available to us from May and change then. This can't be long term the way it is

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's not about the money. It's about the brand - specifically the King Power brand.

A billionaire is going to make that difference in interest alone in minute/hours depending upon how it's invested.

Top (and Kuhn Vichai before him) are building out the KP brand to the Western world, and it needs to be associated with success. He's got a cup winning polo team to appeal to top 1%, they're building in other European countries, he's identified football as the quickest/best way to get the brand out there. 2015/16 was a boon for them to get that out there. He needs European football to re-enforce the image of success with the brand. The lock-in for duty free in Thailand expires soon, so they need to have a well recognised and successful brand before then. If you can't win the leagure, win a cup, especially the FA cup which is still shown around the world and gives you valuable exposure. That's just been kissed goodbye for another year.  

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

How did we not take it serious? We played a strong side who unfortunately put in a horror performance. No way would we risk the likes of Vardy, Maguire and Chilwell against these. Our first 11 we know is decent but one or 2 injuries and we are knackered. If we played a full team today there is

1. No guarantee we win.

2. No guarantee key players don't get injured.

Imagine the outcry on here when vardy is out for the season after a serious groin injury picked up at Newport. And then before we know it we plummet down the table and are 15th. But its ok boys, we got to the 4th round of the fa cup! **** finishing 7th! 

Im as annoyed as anyone about today's result but blaming puel and saying he didn't take it seriously is just ridiculous! 

We have crap back up players (that should have been good enough to win today), Puel knows this and cant magically get rid of 8-10 players and replace them with better players when we've only had one window.

Puel has improved the 1st 11 and im sure he'll improve the squad and clear some crap out once he has another summer window 

If you honestly can't see that he put out a second even third string side out then there really is no hope. Who would have guessed he would play James in midfield? Christ he hasn't been anywhere near the first team in years. 

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why can't we win the FA cup now though wouldn't it be nice to try and win it.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's not getting sacked while he can provide a guaranteed financial return for King Power. It's the club we've become. 

It depends now on how strained the relationship with the players is. That will be the deciding factor.

32 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maybe it's not the managers decision to prioritise which competitions the team focuses on? Just a thought. 

I highly doubt Top would say to Claude "sack this off mate and stick with the league".. He's going to want every second of positive coverage for his KP brand.

Edited by blabyboy

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The point is that group of players should be good enough to win the game, 99% of the time it is good enough to win the game. We've never put out a first choice 11 in the first round for as long as I can remember. Certainly not against a team at the foot of the league like they are. 

On paper, they should be capable but it's really not that simple. But it's a group of players that individually either hardly play, are woefully out of form, are past it, and in Matty James's case can barely move. Combine that to create a team to play a side that's always gonna put absolutely everything into it and you're asking for trouble. To not even have your top player on the bench too just in case. Hardly represents taking it seriously