Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

12 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Didnt Spurs draw with these last year? So should Pocettino have been sacked?

I know I probably misspelled his name

Where have I said Puel should be sacked here?

You're so defensive about Puel it's weird.

He gets until the end of the season for me and then we look at things again.

I wasn't even going to respond to the Pochettino comment, but not sure what relevance that has, seeing as they went through?

Was Puel solely to blame today? No of course not.

We're the players solely to blame? No.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

£12m, £3m, £2m (title winner), £1m (title winner), Free (title winner), Free (title winner) , £1m, Kid, £12m, £25m, £8m (title winner). Against a team that probably cost as much as one of our players cars. 

That you think that is taking it seriously is baffling. None of that says anything about how seriously he took it 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I think it's also been overblown massively, we've had loads of injuries that have caused a lot of it and today this lot should have still won. 

For me, Puel still is exploring, our players are more in and off then my misses...he needs £££ and loads of it, the squad is rotten

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I mean what else did we have to play for this season? 

It's all very easy to say this, but if he started resting players in the league for cup games and then we started losing more regularly, you and all the others would be saying he should be sacked because of the league. Two places in the league wins you more in prize money than the FA Cup, that is the sad reality of football today. 

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

This wasn't about tactics. It was all about the insulting team he put out. Typical foreign manager with no idea or respect for the oldest football cup competition in the world or what it means to us the fans. I mean what else did we have to play for this season? 

As soon as I saw the starting eleven I thought you cheek bugger you are just asking to get beat. Newport must have thought their boat had come in. How anyone on here can even try and defend Puel as a manager after that beggar's belief. Unfortunately, I fear we are stuck with him till the end of the season, but with now nothing to play for I can't wait until the seasons over and see the back of this obvious fraud.

Maybe it's not the managers decision to prioritise which competitions the team focuses on? Just a thought. 

• Like 1

I don't think his position will be re-assessed until the end of the season and that's fair enough.

We could be a lot worse off than our current state. Yes he has his flaws, but we're 7th which is about where I'd expect us to be with this squad.

He has to rightly take his portion of the blame today, but so do the players. The performance today was a repeat of performances under managers gone by, remember the Milwall game? And remember the performances at the end of the Shakey's reign- that's what it reminded me of today. It's clear that a large number of the starting 11 today just don't have either the drive or ability anymore.

We're a work in progress, but most importantly he's bringing through players who do make a difference. We've improved a significant amount from the position we were in when he took over. The clear out has already started and is ongoing. Don't sack the manager now and delay that anymore.

I think we all need to take a breather and stop jumping the gun. Give it until the end of the season and then decide.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Bunyip said:

This wasn't about tactics. It was all about the insulting team he put out. Typical foreign manager with no idea or respect for the oldest football cup competition in the world or what it means to us the fans. I mean what else did we have to play for this season? 

As soon as I saw the starting eleven I thought you cheek bugger you are just asking to get beat. Newport must have thought their boat had come in. How anyone on here can even try and defend Puel as a manager after that beggar's belief. Unfortunately, I fear we are stuck with him till the end of the season, but with now nothing to play for I can't wait until the seasons over and see the back of this obvious fraud.

That defence was our title winning defence baring Evans who is Premier League quality.

The person who handballed won the league with us. Okazaki won the league with us.

Fuchs, Simpson, Morgan, Evans, Albrighton and Hamza recently beat a top 4 Premier League team.

Maddison played for 45 minutes, one of our best signing this year.

They are all Premier League quality. We should have beaten lowely Newport.

It's not like we played our u23s. We played title winners.

We played players who've recently excellend in the Premier League against the best sides.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Puel is in the PROCESS of overhauling the squad.  The squad is bloated, uneven and contains too many average players.  Last window he solved our RB issue, added a quality young number 10 and bought two very young CBs who look to have the potential to succeed at this level.  During this window and the summer I would imagine him to come close to finishing his overhaul.  If by the start of next season we still have no decent striker other than Vardy, still have a bloated uneven squad and have not invested in a quality CM then by all means we can ask questions of Puel.   The madness in sacking him now is that he was given a remit and he is only half way through it.  He needs backing until he has finished.  And anyone asking why he deserves patience needs to look at the league.  We are currently on course for the 2nd highest Premier League finish in the history of our club.  The 2nd highest ever.  Is that all we should ever settle for?  Of course not but is it a sackable offence?  I can't see that it is?  Today was a deeply depressing match and result but I'm not so fickle as to change my view of Puel over this one result.  I can see where he is trying to take us.  he may never make it, he may not be good enough but we cannot say with certainty anything yet other than "we are currently on course for our 2nd best Premier League Finish ever".  X

Ok, you win. First prize at the turd polishing competition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

Good enough for what?

We are 7th in the league and I can tell you that's more than what would have been expected at the start of the season.

No it’s not 7th is about exactly what was expected at the start of the season. The issue is except for a few odd games we have not looked good enough and we aren’t beating the teams below us. We are not pushing on and improving and with the amount of money that the owners are putting into the club isn’t good enough.

Its not about where we are in the league it’s about the performances he is getting out of a talented squad are not good enough. Losing to Cardiff, Crystal Palace and not beating Fulham are three huge examples and losing to Newport just tops it off

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

That you think that is taking it seriously is baffling. None of that says anything about how seriously he took it 

The point is that group of players should be good enough to win the game, 99% of the time it is good enough to win the game. We've never put out a first choice 11 in the first round for as long as I can remember. Certainly not against a team at the foot of the league like they are. 

2 minutes ago, the messenger said:

It’s a close call what makes me so sick the Puel lover boys or the Newport result.

I just don’t understand their patience I’m literally baffled as to why they cannot see how incompetent Puel’s starting selection was.

Perhaps this will help. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 19.19.53.png

1 minute ago, Bunyip said:

Ok, you win. First prize at the turd polishing competition.

You should see my hair.  The definition of polishing a turd.  I have a face like Andy King gurning yet the hair of a Greek God.  It's a funny world.  X

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

No it’s not 7th is about exactly what was expected at the start of the season. The issue is except for a few odd games we have not looked good enough and we aren’t beating the teams below us. We are not pushing on and improving and with the amount of money that the owners are putting into the club isn’t good enough.

Its not about where we are in the league it’s about the performances he is getting out of a talented squad are not good enough. Losing to Cardiff, Crystal Palace and not beating Fulham are three huge examples and losing to Newport just tops it off

It really is.  X

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the messenger said:

It’s a close call what makes me so sick the Puel lover boys or the Newport result.

I just don’t understand their patience I’m literally baffled as to why they cannot see how incompetent Puel’s starting selection was.

Who would you have started up front?

18 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Not taking the FA Cup seriously is the worst thing for me

obviously he won’t get the sack however he isn’t doing himself any favours playing weakened teams in Cup games 

very very poor

How did we not take it serious? We played a strong side who unfortunately put in a horror performance. No way would we risk the likes of Vardy, Maguire and Chilwell against these. Our first 11 we know is decent but one or 2 injuries and we are knackered. If we played a full team today there is

1. No guarantee we win.

2. No guarantee key players don't get injured.

Imagine the outcry on here when vardy is out for the season after a serious groin injury picked up at Newport. And then before we know it we plummet down the table and are 15th. But its ok boys, we got to the 4th round of the fa cup! **** finishing 7th! 

Im as annoyed as anyone about today's result but blaming puel and saying he didn't take it seriously is just ridiculous! 

We have crap back up players (that should have been good enough to win today), Puel knows this and cant magically get rid of 8-10 players and replace them with better players when we've only had one window.

Puel has improved the 1st 11 and im sure he'll improve the squad and clear some crap out once he has another summer window 

Edited by jayfox26

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

That defence was our title winning defence baring Evans who is Premier League quality.

The person who handballed won the league with us. Okazaki won the league with us.

Fuchs, Simpson, Morgan, Evans, Albrighton and Hamza recently beat a top 4 Premier League team.

We played players who've recently excellend in the Premier League against the best sides.

The side was an insult.

These players are past their best and it can't be underestimated the difference having our regular developing players alongside them makes.

1 minute ago, the messenger said:

Most of the Puel in people agree, Puel is not good at breaking teams down, and absolutely picked the wrong team.  He also (for once, and with hindsight) got the subs wrong - particularly Ricardo not coming on.  

However, the Puel in people are also realistic. We are 7th in the PL, 7 points from 6th. That is an excellent performance with the squad we've got, no matter how you spin it. He can't play Vardy week in week out. In addition, we were very close to winning this game, absolutely dreadful finishing. He has also increased the net worth of our squad by several 10s of millions since the start of this season alone. Pretty much all the transfers in under his tenure have been successes. 

• Like 1

Just now, RumbleFox said:

It really is.  X

I like your posts usually as I think you make a lot of sense most of the time but the point is if we hadn’t beat Man City and chealsea which were good performances but probably not repeatable we would be down in 14th on 25 points. We are not consistent and we are not beating the teams we should be beating and are relying on the occasional amazing performance to keep us on the top half and that worries me

12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We played James, we played Fuchs, Simpson, Okazaki, all of which we all know are no longer good enough. They are no longer premier league quality if they were they would be fighting for a first-team place. Stop kidding yourself and admit it was an insult to the F.A cup and the travelling fans to put that side out.

Edited by Bunyip