Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

I think the frustration for me wasn’t so much the substitution itself - it was the timing of it. 

If I remember correctly it happened in about the 60th minute, directly after we’d had our best spell of the game and were looking dangerous. The confusing thing for me is why Claude would change the team at THAT point... it’s not like we were struggling for attacking ideas at that time.

And for the record I thought the atmosphere was decent in SK1, though I can’t speak for the rest of the ground.

We were better and made more chances after the sub.  A big problem with these fans who boo is they think they know better but they dont

I would agree with you here as I think generally we had a good game but just werent good/clinical enough in the final third

• Like 2

7 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Interestingly, one of Puel's main criticisms post-match was that we weren't 'passing the ball forward'. He said we kept going sideways, backwards, laterally and passed with no forward purpose. And I saw plenty of occasions when there was a forward option but a player copped out and went backwards. Mendy, Ndidi and Pereira did it repeatedly, and it noticeably slowed the momentum. I thought some of the attacking players, specifically Barnes and Vardy, looked quite mobile.

I've said they aren't good going forward and I've not said it never happened. I'm saying that people are so bias against certain players it doesn't matter what's happening on the pitch, it's always said players fault. I heard Mendy get slated for the goal, despite Ricardo just passing it by him and then slated for not passing forward when there was zero forward options, I'm not saying it never happned just he complete bias against certain players is infuriating.

7 hours ago, inckley fox said:

As regards your earlier comment about Puel not being to blame for our slow starts (sorry, can't find it now!) because the opposition today are of such superior quality, I think the point is that we're talking about multiple 'starts', rather than a single 'start.' We have one of the worst records in the league for conceding against the good, the bad and everything in between, so at some point a manager has to take responsibility for that.

Probably because I never said that.

13 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Don't talk about poor movement Babs, you'll get hounded. I don't really know how you rectify poor movement but when we do pick the ball up in the middle, the players in our final third look like statues a lot of the time. It isn't just a case of the midfield passing it backwards aimlessly, they just don't have anybody ahead of then offering an alternative option. 

It's baffling that so often none of them make a move, how hard is it for someone to come towards the ball, or someone to move across the line. We are so easy to defend against when it's like that.

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It's baffling that so often none of them make a move, how hard is it for someone to come towards the ball, or someone to move across the line. We are so easy to defend against when it's like that.

The biggest problem is that all of our CM's are defensive minded. It makes it hard for one of them to break forward and get the wingers and no 10 involved. Yes, the front 3/4 could help and move closer, but then we would have Vardy vs 4 defenders and wingers out of position. It is possible, but the players need to work their 4rses off for it.

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If those that were booing were as vocal in support of the team in the first place then perhaps it could be forgiven - but they

mostly arent

the atmosphere is PATHETIC

From the first whistle there is nothing - if you sit there expecting us to be meh then don’t boo when we are. And stop with the bloody ‘when the players give me something to shout about’ nonsense. It’s up to us to get behind them from the off. We just don’t any more 

The atmosphere is a direct result of the negative boring football created by Puel. There is literally nothing to get behind. Most fans now go to the home games with a sense of dread knowing the game plan and substitutes will be shit, Go behind to an early goal and chase the game with no end result because our midfield can't create enough. We just sit there and wait for the inevitable. 

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If those that were booing were as vocal in support of the team in the first place then perhaps it could be forgiven - but they

mostly arent

the atmosphere is PATHETIC

From the first whistle there is nothing - if you sit there expecting us to be meh then don’t boo when we are. And stop with the bloody ‘when the players give me something to shout about’ nonsense. It’s up to us to get behind them from the off. We just don’t any more 

Correct and I've said many a time on here players don't need fans when 4-0 up. But they sure do when 1-0 or 2-0 down. As the song goes SING WHEN YOUR WINNING. 

6 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

The atmosphere is a direct result of the negative boring football created by Puel. There is literally nothing to get behind. Most fans now go to the home games with a sense of dread knowing the game plan and substitutes will be shit, Go behind to an early goal and chase the game with no end result because our midfield can't create enough. We just sit there and wait for the inevitable. 

The best sign to the team that you are not enjoying a game is to stay away completely. I wish most of our "fans" would do that. There are plenty of people willing to go to the games who get behind the team, good and bad.

• Like 1

I don't boo players particularity those who try their best or agree with it.

Other than the bulk of the crowd writing to Puel, phoning him or holding their thumbs down how else do people let him know their displeasure other than by expression of disapproval vocally and collectively?

This has been the way of the world for centenaries and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

All can't be deluded and blind. He makes the decisions and gets many wrong, the reaction is nothing new to him 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Would love you next to me in the trenches .....

• Haha 1

The booing was definitely for the player - Madison got a round of applause as he went off, then when Ghezzal came on the booing started. Same for Nacho as far as I could tell. 

If it was for the decision, presumably people would just boo, boo and boo again. This felt personal, sadly, and I’m sure how the pair of them took it. 

52 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The biggest problem is that all of our CM's are defensive minded. It makes it hard for one of them to break forward and get the wingers and no 10 involved. Yes, the front 3/4 could help and move closer, but then we would have Vardy vs 4 defenders and wingers out of position. It is possible, but the players need to work their 4rses off for it.

So you're saying it's impossible for players to show movement up front?

Regardless of manager, from the next to the next to the next. The bulk of this squad is going to be inexperienced kids - part of the inconsistencies is that. Get behind them, make them feel ten foot tall. Some fans demand perfection. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 4

One thing I find worrying is in his post match interview he's mentioned on a few occasions something along the lines of not understanding why players don't listen or follow his instructions, is this that they can't or they won't? I hear him say this too many times now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Regardless of manager, from the next to the next to the next. The bulk of this squad is going to be inexperienced kids - part of the inconsistencies is that. Get behind them, make them feel ten foot tall. Some fans demand perfection. 

That's a flawed argument. Some fans - I guess a tiny fraction - may demand perfection, most certainly don't.

What the majority of fans would like to see is attacking intent, consistency and the odd home win here and there. Ever since November, December, it's been a consistent up and down, with us falling down from 7th to now 11th place, and given the recent form, I wonder where the next few wins are coming from.

Following your logic, we should be accepting defeats or draws by default just because we fielded a team full of inexperienced youngsters.

You can't win muchly with only kids on the team sheet, you need a good mixture of new and old.

Besides, many of our younger players aren't that "inexperienced" - Iheanacho, Gray, Ndidi and Chilwell for instance have already played a lot of PL matches.

I've mentioned this in another thread - if the manager came out and said that they'd be willing to throw the rest of the season away, using the second half of the campaign as some sort of one big training exercise in order to implement new tactics or help the younger players adapt to the league and the tempo, then I guess people would understand it way better.

But of course, he won't do that, admitting defeat even before a ball has been kicked. He'd only make himself look like a fool, an amateur, with statements like that. 

So he continues to save his face in public by rambling on about qualitee, intensitee and focüs and the whole cycle repeats itself endlessly.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Right on the money. As I said in another thread, we currently have the worst support in the league.

Forget the attendance, because away from home we take 2,500 mutes and at home it's 30,000 mutes that only pitch up any noise when there's something they don't like.

I'm embarrassed to support the same club as these degenerates that ****ing whinge and moan for 90 minutes. We were good value for a point yesterday against ****ing Man United and the crowd was acting like we were 0-3 down at home to Huddersfield. The reaction the Maddison sub was disgraceful and I even heard people booing at full-time after undeservedly losing 0-1 to Manchester United. 

Maybe give them stick when they look useless against Southampton and Cardiff (even though that's counter-productive), but booing when you're well in the game and playing pretty well at home to a side like United is nothing short of pathetic.

If winning the league has ruined Leicester for you then **** off, because you're finished as a fan.

100% this    After 50 years of watching city home and away i am becoming frustrated with the home support. we win and they moan we lose and the boo and moan Puel cannot win. the biggest problem is a lot of fans dont like him so if we won the league or fa cup they would still want him out, I think he is building a good young side and given the chance he will do alright.  

Edited by Kegworthfox
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bpfox said:

the sooner puel gets the sack the better, his subs are out of this world, how the hell do u take maddison of and leave a crap player like gray and a ordinary player like barnes on. ghezzal done o.k but he took the wrong player off, he is a moron. sorry but so frustrated we should have won that game, any one know why the new signing was not on the bench, we dont get much news down under.

I'd have to disagree with this, i thought Barnes was awesome yesterday. Confident and always looking to go forward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

So you're saying it's impossible for players to show movement up front?

No, I said it IS possible but it leaves very little of our players putting pressure on the opposition's back 3/4/5. I am hoping someone like Tielemans is able to push on from Midfield and prevent us having to draw players back and give options to the midfield. I'd like to attack in numbers and have that creative midfielder who can take opposition players out of the game and create space for our strikers/wingers.

40 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That's a flawed argument. Some fans - I guess a tiny fraction - may demand perfection, most certainly don't.

What the majority of fans would like to see is attacking intent, consistency and the odd home win here and there. Ever since November, December, it's been a consistent up and down, with us falling down from 7th to now 11th place, and given the recent form, I wonder where the next few wins are coming from.

Following your logic, we should be accepting defeats or draws by default just because we fielded a team full of inexperienced youngsters.

You can't win muchly with only kids on the team sheet, you need a good mixture of new and old.

Besides, many of our younger players aren't that "inexperienced" - Iheanacho, Gray, Ndidi and Chilwell for instance have already played a lot of PL matches.

I've mentioned this in another thread - if the manager came out and said that they'd be willing to throw the rest of the season away, using the second half of the campaign as some sort of one big training exercise in order to implement new tactics or help the younger players adapt to the league and the tempo, then I guess people would understand it way better.

But of course, he won't do that, admitting defeat even before a ball has been kicked. He'd only make himself look like a fool, an amateur, with statements like that. 

So he continues to save his face in public by rambling on about qualitee, intensitee and focüs and the whole cycle repeats itself endlessly.

Without sounding a twat were you there yesterday in the crowd ? Cos every little error or mistake is met by abuse generally at the moment. 

For some reason you taken my point to go waffling on about the manager when I’m talking about the supporting the current squad who get trashed at most errors.....despite the background of an awful tradegy back in October 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No, I said it IS possible but it leaves very little of our players putting pressure on the opposition's back 3/4/5.

Eh... movement up top is going to put more pressure on their back four and create space than being completely static.  I'm not suggesting every player goes to the ball, but people should be moving, standing still is criminal.

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Without sounding a twat were you there yesterday in the crowd ? Cos every little error or mistake is met by abuse generally at the moment. 

For some reason you taken my point to go waffling on about the manager when I’m talking about the supporting the current squad who get trashed at most errors.....despite the background of an awful tradegy back in October 

I don't think booing or abusing players or managers is productive, but I can understand where people are coming from.

We have only won twice at home in the past four months. That's not good enough. Given the fact that you get 25'000+ home supporters every game at the KP, this is where you make or break your career in the eyes of most true LCFC fans. That's only logical. Puel's business card doesn't look too good in that regard.

It takes one or two home wins and things even themselves out again - Crystal Palace and Brighton are the obvious candidates coming up.

When you have players that have been given chance after chance after chance and that aren't taking it - Ndidi, Mendy, Ghezzal, Gray, Iheanacho spring to mind -you start to wonder whether it's down to the players' individual faults or whether there is a common ground that unites all these underwhelming to disappointing performances.

I don't buy into the "spoilt supporter" theory. People are just massively disappointed by what they're seeing on the pitch. Everything that made us so adorable and strong has evaporated in a few months' time. What's the new concept? What's the strategy? How do we manage to score more goals again or more goals than the opposition for a change?

What I see on the pitch right now is one big mess, apart from our defensive record.

"In good times and the bad, we always back (i.e. not boo) the lads"

Yesterday we went toe to toe with one of the richest clubs in the world who are also in a great run of form and our young team had a right go at them. We showed great attacking intent, especially Barnes who was Sky's man of the match. We created more than Man U, but lacked a finish and we limited their superstars to very little.

Come on now, we need to pull together and get behind our young exciting team!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I don't think booing or abusing players or managers is productive, but I can understand where people are coming from.

We have only won twice at home in the past four months. That's not good enough. Given the fact that you get 25'000+ home supporters every game at the KP, this is where you make or break your career in the eyes of most true LCFC fans. That's only logical. Puel's business card doesn't look too good in that regard.

It takes one or two home wins and things even themselves out again - Crystal Palace and Brighton are the obvious candidates coming up.

When you have players that have been given chance after chance after chance and that aren't taking it - Ndidi, Mendy, Ghezzal, Gray, Iheanacho spring to mind -you start to wonder whether it's down to the players' individual faults or whether there is a common ground that unites all these underwhelming to disappointing performances.

I don't buy into the "spoilt supporter" theory. People are just massively disappointed by what they're seeing on the pitch. Everything that made us so adorable and strong has evaporated in a few months' time. What's the new concept? What's the strategy? How do we manage to score more goals again or more goals than the opposition for a change?

What I see on the pitch right now is one big mess, apart from our defensive record.

You are veering off the point again. This thread is about the current levels of support. You yourself acknowledge it's not good. 

''Spoilt supporter'', I can tell you haven't been a game for a while. Our support is absolutely awful - absolutely toxic and bordering on deluded. You support your club through the lows and highs. This squad needs that support more than ever - but once the dust was settle, come December its been forgotten by a huge percentage of our supporters.

Yeah our form is rubbish at the moment, it's hardly riveting football but the booing and atmosphere which this thread is focused on is absolutely vile down the stadium at the moment. The negativity is understandable against the likes of Southampton and Cardiff but then the negativity is shown on a generally decent performance where every opposition fan I have spoken to says the result was extremely harsh. The vast majority do not objectively view games. This Ghezzal/Iheanacho booing has happened countless occasions. Yesterday wasn't a one off. 

• Like 4