Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Tottenham (Away) 10th February 2019

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I am. Vardys woefully out of form, Iheanacho isn't ever going to get confidence back if he doesn't play more than 5 minute sub appearances while the fans abuse him. Vardy needs dropping, yet again yesterday he missed a very good chance that ultimately cost us points, and if anyone else was missing the chances he was fans would be giving out far more stick. He shouldn't be undroppable.

I agree 100% we shouldn't hesitate to drop Vardy but this season is a total write off for Iheanacho. His appearances from the bench have taken on this grim air of inevitability - booed on, has a couple of decent touches then does something totally inexplicable that sticks in the memory and, rightly or wrongly, comes to define his performance. If he starts at Spurs the likely outcome is he spends 70 minutes without touching the ball and gets hooked for Vardy. He desperately needs a good pre-season under a new manager or a half/full-season loan somewhere. There is absolutely a player in there somewhere but we won't see it under the current circumstances. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, southfox66 said:

They'll probably dominate for 90% of the game hit the bar 5 times, kasper will make 6 world class saves and they'll have 10 near misses, we'll have one counter attack, score a flukey goal and we'll all say what a great match it was and Puel is a genius :)

I’d take that 

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Maguire - Chilwell

Ndidi

Choudhury - Tielemans

Barnes - Vardy - Maddison

Arguably Gray over Maddison. Not really been too impressed by Maddison lately and Gray for all he doesn't offer much at least has pace, which may come in handy on the break on a big pitch.

In-fact given I've got Tielemans in there I'll say Gray as if he makes ambitious runs Tielemans may actually spot them. Pinning my hopes on Tielemans actually being decent here.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

It beggars belief, doesn't it?

Vardy has been poor this season, so understandably people want us to try something new. Unfortunately, despite Vardy being poor he's still far and away our best striker. And to say 'its time for someone else to have a go' and then listing Iheanacho, who's had chance after chance already this season and failed to even look capable just makes no sense whatsoever.

It's funny how Vardy is expected to be ultra clinical now - probably because this side creates hardly any chances per game so the one he misses gets highlighted more than it should.

Iheanacho isn't a solution. We'd create even less for him as he's just static.

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Looking forward to this, way more than the Man Utd game. Really hope we see Youri on the pitch in place of Mendy and hope Barnes starts again. Evans to keep his starting spot over Morgan. Will look a decent team (on paper.) 

Yeah, pity we cant play on grass!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

No Kane thankfully. But, Son will no doubt score.

I'd go:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Tielemans

Ndidi

Barnes

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

I'm frankly fed up of Vardy missing good chances but being untouchable. He's out of form and has been all season, time for someone else to get a proper go.

Although I don't think Vardy is the problem, Spurs away at Wembley last season was Iheanacho's best game I thought, could be worth a try.

15 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Although I don't think Vardy is the problem, Spurs away at Wembley last season was Iheanacho's best game I thought, could be worth a try.

I don't think he had one of his best games because it was Spurs away at Wembley. Likely because he actually was allowed to play a couple of games in a row before that match.

• Like 1

This is exactly the sort of game away against a top 6 side that mendy and ndidi should play in. The obvious argument is playing them at home against sides like cardiff and Southampton is too negative. I must be in a minority but thought puel was right to take maddison off. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

No Kane thankfully. But, Son will no doubt score.

I'd go:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Tielemans

Ndidi

Barnes

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

I'm frankly fed up of Vardy missing good chances but being untouchable. He's out of form and has been all season, time for someone else to get a proper go.

You do realise that if it weren't for Vardy there'd have been no wins vs Chelsea, Man City and Everton don't you? So we'd now be on a stretch of 3 months without a win, plus being dumped out of 2 cups. Be careful what you wish for. Iheanacho has scored 4 league goals in nearly 2 seasons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think he had one of his best games because it was Spurs away at Wembley. Likely because he actually was allowed to play a couple of games in a row before that match.

Probably also to do with the fact we played quite an attacking formation, think im right in saying it was one of the only games that silva and ibborra started together and mahrez, vardy and gray played too, brilliant game to watch

2 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Probably also to do with the fact we played quite an attacking formation, think im right in saying it was one of the only games that silva and ibborra started together and mahrez, vardy and gray played too, brilliant game to watch

Yh, and the fact both teams had nothing to play for.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You do realise that if it weren't for Vardy there'd have been no wins vs Chelsea, Man City and Everton don't you? So we'd now be on a stretch of 3 months without a win, plus being dumped out of 2 cups. Be careful what you wish for. Iheanacho has scored 4 league goals in nearly 2 seasons.

That doesn't change that he's out of form and no player should be undroppable regardless of form. If nothing else, the last two times he was dropped - West Ham he came back and scored 2 in 4, Fulham he came back and scored one, had another (for my money wrongly) disallowed in the following 3. If it gives him a kick up the arse at the very least, great, but at the moment he's not doing enough to justify starting.