Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Tottenham (Away) 10th February 2019

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo      Maguire     Evans     chilwell

Ndidi    Tielemans

Ghezzal          Maddison         Barnes

Vardy

This is how I want to see us line up. Ghezzal deserves a chance after coming on and making a good impact. Would also like to see Muskwe on the bench because why not? Our other strikers aren't producing anything and he deserves it after a good run in the u23s.

Because i 'think' he is currently still injured.. I'm sure i will be corrected if not :P 

5 hours ago, Tiny earl said:

Maddison is wasted in a 4-3-3,he needs to play centrally but he can't in that formation.

Is this not the crux of the issue though?

Playing with a genuine, old school number 10, as we have in 2/3 of our games this season, is a real luxury. I don’t think there’s more than 3 or 4 teams in the league who do that regularly and there’s certainly nobody else giving that responsibility to a 22 year old rookie.

If we want to be more solid we need to play a 4-3-3. This either doesn’t include Maddison or involves him playing from the left. It’s worth noting that having a “number 10” playing from the wing isn’t exactly unusual - from Mata to Messi and going back to Riquelme there is a rich history of number 10s who have done damage from wide positions because very few teams can afford the luxury of a genuine number 10.

It’s up to Maddison to rise to that challenge and find a way to be a key player in the team regardless of the formation. Building the whole team around a 22 year old, which the persistence with 4-2-3-1 with Maddison as the only viable number 10 surely is, is a one-way ticket to the sack for Puel.

I suspect that those expecting Tielemans to replace Ndidi or Mendy will be disappointed. I think in a lot of games we’ll play the 3 of them and Tielemans will replace one of the wingers with Maddison moving wide or on the bench.

Pretty much thrown in the towel on this season.

I booked tickets for something in London on a Saturday in April the other day without even looking to see if we were at home (it's Arsenal but I'm not bothered)

Will watch and hope we win  but Claude's tactics/management and the players constantly reloading the gun to shoot themselves in the foot has just worn me down.

• Like 1

It’s strange, some people seem to think Maddison is either definitive 10 or wasted as a winger.

There is a middle ground, where he could act between the wing and the 10, like a withdrawn inside foward/winger, but then again in a second tier 3 he is best as the 10 with others filling the roles mentioned, like Gray/Ghezzal on the right of the 10 and Barnes on the left of the 10.

An actual 4-2-3-1, allowing Ricardo/Chilwell to overlap with the 2 either side of the 10.

For example

1BB589F1-1788-479B-8E6F-4328DEAB0DD0.png.da535e5937f66e2c3d32596ac2d697de.png

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s strange, some people seem to think Maddison is either definitive 10 or wasted as a winger.

There is a middle ground, where he could act between the wing and the 10, like a withdrawn inside foward/winger, but then again in a second tier 3 he is best as the 10 with others filling the roles mentioned, like Gray/Ghezzal on the right of the 10 and Barnes on the left of the 10.

An actual 4-2-3-1, allowing Ricardo/Chilwell to overlap with the 2 either side of the 10.

For example

1BB589F1-1788-479B-8E6F-4328DEAB0DD0.png.da535e5937f66e2c3d32596ac2d697de.png

Exactly the team I would play with tieleman's given the freedom to push forward and maybe play the forwares in ala drinkie. Plus if chasing the game gives us better options to go to a 442 than if we have 2 defensive minded cm'so.  Just can't see it though as I do not think Claude will abandon his rigid belief in needin two dm. More likely he will go with tieleman's alongside mendidi in a three.

7 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Unusually confident of a win here. Reckon Barnes will score the winner.

I was thinking the same, 0-0 for most of the game, they should probably be one or two up but Barnes scores from distance

• Like 1