Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Tottenham (Away) 10th February 2019

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

No Kane thankfully. But, Son will no doubt score.

I'd go:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Tielemans

Ndidi

Barnes

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

I'm frankly fed up of Vardy missing good chances but being untouchable. He's out of form and has been all season, time for someone else to get a proper go.

That's the formation I'd like to see as well but Vardy has quite a good record against them as far as I can remember, so I don't know if removing him is a good idea. On the plus side, Iheanacho won't have to deal with the boos.

Edited by That_Dude

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I am. Vardys woefully out of form, Iheanacho isn't ever going to get confidence back if he doesn't play more than 5 minute sub appearances while the fans abuse him. Vardy needs dropping, yet again yesterday he missed a very good chance that ultimately cost us points, and if anyone else was missing the chances he was fans would be giving out far more stick. He shouldn't be undroppable.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm with you on this one. Vardy has missed several decent chances this season, ones that he really should be putting away. With Ricardo, Barnes, Maddison, and Tielemans providing service, it wouldn't surprise me if Iheanacho started scoring. His all-around play still needs improvement, but if you put it on a plate for him, Nacho will score, more often than not. It won't happen, though. Why? Because Vardy will go on to score a hat-trick against Spurs; one goal via his head; another via a penalty after a dive, and for his third, the ball will graze his beef whistle and bounce between the legs of Lloris, leaving him speechless in the process.

Edited by Keiriel

20 minutes ago, Keiriel said:

Unpopular opinion, but I'm with you on this one. Vardy has missed several decent chances this season, ones that he really should be putting away. With Ricardo, Barnes, Maddison, and Tielemans providing service, it wouldn't surprise me if Iheanacho started scoring. His all-around play still needs improvement, but if you put it on a plate for him, Nacho will score, more often than not. It won't happen, though. Why? Because Vardy will go on to score a hat-trick against Spurs; one goal via his head; another via a penalty after a dive, and for his third, the ball will graze his beef whistle and bounce between the legs of Lloris, leaving him speechless in the process.

He's missed a few but remains the best striker at the club by a country mile. Goal against Everton, goal against Chelsea and assist against Man City. Probably would be 6 points worse off without him and where would that put us? If you really think Iheanacho would do better then fair enough but he's absolutely woeful at present. Don't think he would cut it on loan at a league one outfit at this present moment.

The main issue is we don't have a replacement for Vardy in any shape or form.

Edited by reynard

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

No Kane thankfully. But, Son will no doubt score.

I'd go:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Maguire

Chilwell

Tielemans

Ndidi

Barnes

Maddison

Gray

Iheanacho

I'm frankly fed up of Vardy missing good chances but being untouchable. He's out of form and has been all season, time for someone else to get a proper go.

Iheanacho!! 

You are kidding, right? 

Spuds need no help in heading away dangerous crosses into their box! 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, reynard said:

He's missed a few but remains the best striker at the club by a country mile. Goal against Everton, goal against Chelsea and assist against Man City. Probably would be 6 points worse off without him and where would that put us? If you really think Iheanacho would do better then fair enough but he's absolutely woeful at present. Don't think he would cut it on loan at a league one outfit at this present moment.

The main issue is we don't have a replacement for Vardy in any shape or form.

AGREE 100%  Iheanacho should'nt be in the squad, let alone the team. Put simply; he's not really a footballer (my granny could've scored plenty in that Man. City side) and certainly not a premier league player.

So it's Vardy.

..... and if he gets injured or suspended it will highlight the crazy error of not signing a striker (loan/lower league/veteran/ anybody with an eye for a goal) in January. MADNESS.

Edited by SuperMike
Missing words

Vardy plays best on the shoulder of the last man. Age is not an issue for him and he appears as fit/ fitter than any of the younger players.

He hasn't all of a sudden become shiite.

He is what he is and is being let down by being asked to defend or collect the ball from midfield, its not getting the best out of him and he's not shy at showing his feelings.

If it ain't broke don't fix it

• Like 1

I just want us to give it a proper go.  hence

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Hamza

Tielemans

Albrighton   Maddsion    Barnes

Vardy

If not fit then Gray/Ghezzal for Albrighton

I think The new lad could provide us with that missing link between defence and the forwards which we seem to lack when Ndid and Mendy play.

This will also allow Maddsion more feedom to support Vardy.  In my opinion the biggest thing we lack is a midfield playmaker who has the vision and can release the ball quickly to the forwards. Something we have lacked since Drinkwater.  Choudry deserves a chance based on recent displays.

Unfortunately cannot see this happening.  Puel will stick with two DMs

On 04/02/2019 at 11:10, southfox66 said:

They'll probably dominate for 90% of the game hit the bar 5 times, kasper will make 6 world class saves and they'll have 10 near misses, we'll have one counter attack, score a flukey goal and we'll all say what a great match it was and Puel is a genius :)

[insert Puel deal with it gif here]

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:07, whoareyaaa said:

I think we will win, Vardy to score.

Ricardo Maguire Evans Chilwell

Hamza                   Nididi

Teleman

Ghezzal                 Barnes

Vardy

What? Jim Carrey in central midfield?

………..oh sorry, I was thinking of Cable Guy...…...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Wembley is a big pitch and they will want to win so will have to attack so there should be space for Vardy to cause them problems, has to start!

It’s the same size as ours....

105m x 68m is the stipulated pitch size by the Premier League. In other words, all Premier League clubs must have a pitch the same size as Wembley - unless their stadium doesn't allow for it.

Everton (100.48m x 68m), Chelsea (103m x 67.5m), Huddersfield (106m x 66.9m), Crystal Palace and Liverpool (both 101m x 68m) have been allowed to have smaller pitches, due to stadium restrictions.

On 04/02/2019 at 11:56, Dan LCFC said:

Unsure when but I do think we'll find that equaliser. Don't even have to mention when their goal is coming.

I'd try and look for positives in Kane's absence but we rolled over for them in December without him so I'm not holding my breath.

As much as it pains me to admit it, Alli had an insanely good match that day. I am assuming he won't be back either for this match, so that will hopefully be a factor for us.

31 minutes ago, rachhere said:

As much as it pains me to admit it, Alli had an insanely good match that day. I am assuming he won't be back either for this match, so that will hopefully be a factor for us.

Plus it spares us all a few infuriating dives he normally pulls out of his locker and gets away with.

• Like 1