Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Tottenham (Away) 10th February 2019

1 hour ago, Peckfortonfox said:

It’s the same size as ours....

105m x 68m is the stipulated pitch size by the Premier League. In other words, all Premier League clubs must have a pitch the same size as Wembley - unless their stadium doesn't allow for it.

Everton (100.48m x 68m), Chelsea (103m x 67.5m), Huddersfield (106m x 66.9m), Crystal Palace and Liverpool (both 101m x 68m) have been allowed to have smaller pitches, due to stadium restrictions.

Fair enough looks bigger for some reason 

how about we put harry in the midfield, he is bye far and away r best go forward player. when ever he comes forward he always looks the goods. crazy i know bout just throwing it out there. cant be any worst than puels lineups.

43 minutes ago, bpfox said:

how about we put harry in the midfield, he is bye far and away r best go forward player. when ever he comes forward he always looks the goods. crazy i know bout just throwing it out there. cant be any worst than puels lineups.

Worked a treat at Palace away last season that experiment did 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/02/2019 at 14:19, The Doctor said:

That doesn't change that he's out of form and no player should be undroppable regardless of form. If nothing else, the last two times he was dropped - West Ham he came back and scored 2 in 4, Fulham he came back and scored one, had another (for my money wrongly) disallowed in the following 3. If it gives him a kick up the arse at the very least, great, but at the moment he's not doing enough to justify starting. 

I know what you're saying, he isn't undroppable but I dont trust either alternative. Okazaki is done and Iheanacho is shot to bits/not good enough. 

I also dont think Vardy is in horrible form, his game has been reduced to being on the periphery of things which interestingly also happens to Iheanacho when he plays up top on his own. Unless of course we are allowed to counter attack and then Vardy is still the best at it in the country. He was poor vs Man Utd but I thought Vardy was decent vs Liverpool and he still set up Gray's goal vs Wolves and then prior to that he'd been heavily involved in everything good we did around Xmas and New Year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

Not anywhere near athletic enough to play in a two in midfield. For all Mendy and Ndidi's faults on the ball, their off the ball work is superb. Maguire is best suited to being in a system where he can get on the ball and take it forward with a midfielder dropping in to cover him, or even better in a back 3 where he is protected all around him.

5 hours ago, bpfox said:

I'd sling him up front if we are chasing a game Steve Walsh did alright there in the good old days 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know what you're saying, he isn't undroppable but I dont trust either alternative. Okazaki is done and Iheanacho is shot to bits/not good enough. 

I also dont think Vardy is in horrible form, his game has been reduced to being on the periphery of things which interestingly also happens to Iheanacho when he plays up top on his own. Unless of course we are allowed to counter attack and then Vardy is still the best at it in the country. He was poor vs Man Utd but I thought Vardy was decent vs Liverpool and he still set up Gray's goal vs Wolves and then prior to that he'd been heavily involved in everything good we did around Xmas and New Year.

We'd likely be at least 6 points worse off without Vardy. Okazaki hasn't scored for several months and doesn't look likely to and Iheanacho is next to hopeless at present.