Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

Just now, chapero82 said:

Exactly my point! He’s not a striker at all

It’s quite bemusing that’s Puel sees him as that tbh, yes he has pace and can finish but he’s not clinical enough to be a striker at this level. He is a winger. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

:dunno: Puel is spot on here isn’t he? He wants to develop Gray as a striker and is bigging him up.

Why not?

Nothing wrong with bigging up a player, but Puel sadly wishes for Gray to be something he isn't going to be.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

How are you so sure of that? We've seen enough moments of quality from Gray to know that he has potential

If Gray becomes a striker who can score goals than Fair play to Puel and to him as well, but I just cannot see it happening, Puel needs to go to basics, play 2 up front Vardy and Iheanacho who is a striker and will score goals (fingers crossed!) the time for experimentation is during pre-season.

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If Gray becomes a striker who can score goals than Fair play to Puel and to him as well, but I just cannot see it happening, Puel needs to go to basics, play 2 up front Vardy and Iheanacho who is a striker and will score goals (fingers crossed!) the time for experimentation is during pre-season.

why wait till pre-season? Why would be change to 4-4-2 when we have absolutely no intention of playing it next season and haven't at all under Puel ? This is the perfect time to prepare for next season.

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The time for experimentation is now (or perhaps after another couple of wins, but I reckon we will pick up plenty of points experimenting now). Give Gray competitive Premier league games to learn the position moving into pre season as well.This season we aren't going to be relegated and sit in amongst the mid table fodder. I'm not an advocate of Gray as a striker but if Puel sees something in him then why not steer Gray in that direction. Could be onto a masterstroke. Could fail miserably.

Vardy and Iheanacho up front together is great but we know Puel likes to play with one striker. I would perhaps give Iheanacho the chance to learn the solo striker role over Gray but that's just my opinion.

Personally think Puel needs to be cut some slack.

• Like 2

Gray is a weird one, he isn't creative enough so I can see the intention to try and maximize his skill set without starving the team of creativity. He isn't known for providing many assists and although his goal scoring record is fairly mediocre as well, I can see why we are looking for him to be more of a forward than a midfielder, I just don't see how he ever gets the nod over Vardy through the middle right now.

I am intrigued by a front four of Barnes, Vardy, Gray and Iheanacho though on Saturday. The 3 behind Vardy are all adept in playing number 10 as well as out wide and Iheanacho has played some of his best football for us being in a position to put through balls in to the attack, Tielemans will be key to putting in early balls to the supply line.

The referee appointed for Leicester’s game on Saturday v Crystal Palace is Anthony Taylor 

Leicester have had Anthony Taylor in charge of 13 premier league games with a record of 8 wins 3 draws and 2 losses 

Crystal Palace have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Leicester in all competitions.

Crystal Palace have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 matches against Leicester in all competitions.

Leicester have lost their last 3 home matches (Premier League).

Crystal Palace have won their last 3 matches against Leicester in all competitions.

Leicester have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 home matches (Premier League).

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

why wait till pre-season? Why would be change to 4-4-2 when we have absolutely no intention of playing it next season and haven't at all under Puel ? This is the perfect time to prepare for next season.

Are we safe yet? I would rather we wait till we hit the magic 40! then Puel can play Gray up front for the rest of the season....

RE: 4-4-2 against teams that put 10 men behind the ball, we play one upfront at home and it's a slog, give Vardy some support, I know we have signed Tielmans, and he will provide a creative spark.