Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

It's not bad but i dont like the idea of playing any of ghezzal, iheanacho or gray instead of maddison. 

I want to see maddison and tielemans together and one of ndidi, mendy or choudhury (maddison as number 10) and my preference would be iheanacho but whichever he chooses, give then a run of games.

The 2 big toss ups are ndidi, mendy or choudhury (current preference - ndidi deserves to stay) and gray, ghezzal or iheanacho.

The rest picks itself imo but wouldn't be averse to giving ward a chance and giving kasper the chance to bound and gag his loopy gobshite dad.

Maddison is rated doubtful though, hence the team suggested. If Maddison is fit then the obvious choice for the 10 role.

• Like 1

Fuchs can comfortably slot in at left back, not as agile as Chilwell but still capable. He's actually still two years younger than Holebas at Watford, who's arguably been the best left back in the league this year. So I don't agree that he's too old now. I'm a lot less confident if Maddison is out. Him and Tielemans were excellent together against Spurs. They've got the skill to unlock defences and create chances. If Mendy and Ndidi both playing we'll be too predictable again and i'd favour Palace, especially with the experience they have in their team. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Fuchs can comfortably slot in at left back, not as agile as Chilwell but still capable. He's actually still two years younger than Holebas at Watford, who's arguably been the best left back in the league this year. So I don't agree that he's too old now. I'm a lot less confident if Maddison is out. Him and Tielemans were excellent together against Spurs. They've got the skill to unlock defences and create chances. If Mendy and Ndidi both playing we'll be too predictable again and i'd favour Palace, especially with the experience they have in their team. 

If Puel picks Ndidi and Mendy together again I'm getting a contract out for him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If Puel picks Ndidi and Mendy together again I'm getting a contract out for him.

it is obvious that he favours Mendy but to put him in as a replacement for Maddsion and have 2 DM again at home would just show that Puel is either completely pig headed and stubborn or that he simply has not learnt anything from our recent troubles against "lesser" teams at home.  If Maddison is injured then so be it but please lets replace him with someone who has attacking intent (Barnes, Ghezzal, Gray, Nacho could all put in  a shift there).  I just have this horrible feeling that he will bring Mendy back in and simply try and push Tielemans up. It just gives him an excuse to play his favoured formation despite the fact that we can all see that it is not working at home.

I hope I am wrong and that we go out with an attacking line up and tear them apart.  A thumping victory, a Vardy Hat trick and everything in the garden will be coming up roses again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Would you put it past him doing that and then Tielemans behind the striker (whoever that is) ?

i would play Tielemans and wilf behind either ghezzal or Ian as  no 10

barnes and gray/Ghezzal as wide men 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Kasper

Rickeh Jonneh Harreh Fuchseh

Mendeh Ndideh

Youreh

Dimmeh                     Harveh

Vardeh

If we're still a Chilleh, Maddeh & Sharkeh down. Think Puel is going to be reluctant in dropping Papeh seeing as he's supposed to be our engine of the midfield this season - seen as too important tactically to jettison

You can't leave chilly out 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Same. If Puel fields both Mendy and Wilf together in a defensively shaped midfield, I fear I may have to find out where he lives and get my dogs to dump on his front lawn

:D

Hey...for something that important and annoying you should do the dumping yourself.

• Haha 3

In my opinion Puel is more likely to keep Ndidi with Mendy in midfield than not.

He continues to prove very divisive in his team selections and going back to those two in the middle will further irk the fanbase.  It's getting to the point now where it almost feels deliberate - it's as if he comes on here after games to read through all the post match comments and revels in it. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Holebas the best LB of the season??

• Haha 1