Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

I know some of you won't accept this but Jamie Vardy hasn't been that good this season and it's not just about the system, he scored 20 goals in the same system last year he's simply missing chances he should be taking this season.

Yet people still insist we should build our game around a 32 year old striker whose main attribute is pace which is starting to go, Vardy needs to adapt for his own sake as well as the style the manager wants to employ

We all know this but try replacing him with an actual striker instead of a winger! 

9 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Is Fuchs part time then :ph34r:

I think he's allowed to stretch the boundaries of what is allowed as one of our senior pro's who is of course leaving at the end of the season.

Having said that he's in the training video so he'll get at least two days in. 

28 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We all know this but try replacing him with an actual striker instead of a winger! 

We're not able to sign a striker until the transfer window. Puel might as well double-check he hasn't already got a solution. Arguably, there's no harm in trying rather: if it doesn't work, so what; if it does, we've saved ourselves £20 million odd.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Because he’s not even a gret winger let alone a striker who he thinks will replace Jamie Vardy 

In the absence of many clear alternatives, why not give him a try up front? Puel was making the point that Gray gave the opposition back four a difficult time with his work rate and runs off the ball. I see no issue with experimenting?

However, I’ve long said I’d start with Vardy. To my mind you must start with your best striker and especially until we know we are pretty much safe.

Gray as a striking option sounds ok to me.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think he's allowed to stretch the boundaries of what is allowed as one of our senior pro's who is of course leaving at the end of the season.

Having said that he's in the training video so he'll get at least two days in. 

He said he had a plane back to England on Sunday or Monday (can’t quite remember) on an Instagram story at the weekend, so I reckon he must have been with the squad for most of the week

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

But he's right? What he's said is Gray has potential ("all the qualities for the future") but needs an end product and to impact games more ("he needs to learn to have calm, to have the right touch, to finish" and "he needs to have the clinical edge because a striker or winger needs to score"). It's pretty much exactly what every city fan says about Gray and why they criticise him (he's had potential for a while but stalled and not fulfilled it). This is literally people disagreeing purely because Puel said it.

I don’t see a player who understands how to play centre forward .....who knows when to press and when not to press..... who knows how to split the defenders to encourage a less dangerous pass which won’t put our midfield under pressure ........... Henry was a player who was changed from a winger to a striker with great success ......sadly I can’t see that gray has the intelligence to make it work 

• Like 3

It would be great to see a win this weekend.

A good performance from the team at home would also help.

Just worried that Puel makes choices that the supporters don’t understand and it all turns ugly.

There was a time I used to look forward to supporting Lcfc at the King Power  and hopefully that feeling will return soon.

16 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

The referee appointed for Leicester’s game on Saturday v Crystal Palace is Anthony Taylor 

Leicester have had Anthony Taylor in charge of 13 premier league games with a record of 8 wins 3 draws and 2 losses 

Crystal Palace have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Leicester in all competitions.

Crystal Palace have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 matches against Leicester in all competitions.

Leicester have lost their last 3 home matches (Premier League).

Crystal Palace have won their last 3 matches against Leicester in all competitions.

Leicester have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 home matches (Premier League).

Sounds like a nailed on Leicester win

9 minutes ago, burleighfox said:

Anyone that puts Nacho in their preferred eleven should be put on a register.

As a creator he has the most assists of any outfield player that doesn't take set pieces for us, he is decent in the support role behind Vardy. Maddison is struggling to be fit so, I think Iheanacho should start over Ghezzal in this sort of game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As a creator he has the most assists of any outfield player that doesn't take set pieces for us, he is decent in the support role behind Vardy. Maddison is struggling to be fit so, I think Iheanacho should start over Ghezzal in this sort of game.

It's the fact that he's the most static striker I've ever seen that concerns me more; someone who spends most of his game waiting to score tap ins should be assessed on actually scoring IMO.