Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

I remember Jeff Schlupp being very effective during our Championship winning season under Pearson, he just skinned defenders time after time got to the byline and set up countless goals. He took over from Lloyd Dyer,and we miss it with the likes of Albrighton smashing the ball into the box whenever he gets it in the opponent's half and Gray constantly cutting in. Give me a Schlupp who'll get to the byline and pull the ball back any day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, murphy said:

World class?  lol

That's a long line of clubs over 43 years and not much need for the silver polish.  

Silly, childish and ignorant come to mind.

Are we in a position to gloat?

My response to why do we always lose to Palace was to point out that they have one of the most experienced managers on the planet who may just be able to suss us.

I’m not his biggest fan but surely he’s learned something along that journey.

Guest Markyblue
20 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Jeff Schlupp has won more than Crystal Palace have in their entire history. Mad.

But he will be totally unaware of that fact. ?

21 hours ago, Jimmy said:

as footballers they are nothing alike so when I said we miss having someone of Schlupp's style as an option saying we have one in Gray is a direct comparison

You’ve obviously missed the light hearted nature of the post. 

On 13/02/2019 at 11:53, FIF said:

No Not 4-2-2-2, not 4-4-2 , not 4-3-3.

Good players playing where they are needed when they are needed. 

You get too hung up on "formations", when in reality they don't exist. When on a break is a team in any of those formations? 

I think I'm wasting my time trying to talk football to FM players.

Sorry,  reading this late, but it might have helped if you hadnt spaced out the names so thst it clearly looked like a 442

On 19/02/2019 at 19:22, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I remember Jeff Schlupp being very effective during our Championship winning season under Pearson, he just skinned defenders time after time got to the byline and set up countless goals. He took over from Lloyd Dyer,and we miss it with the likes of Albrighton smashing the ball into the box whenever he gets it in the opponent's half and Gray constantly cutting in. Give me a Schlupp who'll get to the byline and pull the ball back any day.

This reads like a fever dream.

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2019 at 17:16, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

This is the dream

If we finish 7th i think its the least we could do :)

Just get the gif on the scoreboards.

Maybe as a goal celebration if it takes us into the lead.

Could be used if we draw level but would have to be horses for courses.

Managing to draw level with say newport wouldn't exactly deserve it, despite being better than what we actually managed, its still hardly a "deal with it" kind of moment

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 1

On 20/02/2019 at 00:22, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah we all love a player who has loads of pace but zero end product. Imagine getting schlupp back and putting him on the left and Gray on the right. Goals galore there! 

What the hell is Puel on?? That’s the biggest load of waffle yet...

“It was a good opportunity to see Dimi. I was pleased with his performance and if for example, Jamie scored when he came on it’s perhaps because Dimi tired out the defence.

“(Gray) has fantastic starts, he can make the difference with good penetration and now he needs to learn to have calm, to have the right touch, to finish. He does not have the end product at the moment but he has all the qualities for the future.

“He needs to have the clinical edge because a striker or winger needs to score.”

Edited by chapero82
  • Haha 1