Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

Contemplating staying on the sofa with the rugby and BT Sport. 

They’ve worn me down with the continuous entertaining, but usually pointless, away performances followed by insipid home displays this season. 

Going to give it a miss and go down on Tuesday night. 

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Right, but that's really not a counter argument against Puel saying he's got potential but needs to demonstrate it, you're closer to saying the exact same thing. As I said, what Puel has said is what every critic of Gray repeatedly says, just in a more supportive and tactful way (almost like he's Gray's boss or something). People taking issue with it, when it's an opinion they've voiced, are showing they're not interested in reasoned positions and criticism, they start with hating Puel and work backwards from that to justify it.

So how long do you suggest is right and proper to keep using the word potential with Gray.? Sooner or later he has to deliver and I would say he has had had plenty of opportunities and by and large failed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Rashford is younger than Gray, and at 17 was touted by CR7 as his heir at United. 

:ph34r:

I think it's easy to forget how young Rashford is as he's been a prominent player for so long now. I know some aren't fans, but I think a lot of him and in terms of England's prospects, am excited to see what he can do in the future.

12 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I think it's easy to forget how young Rashford is as he's been a prominent player for so long now. I know some aren't fans, but I think a lot of him and in terms of England's prospects, am excited to see what he can do in the future.

Him and Kane as a striking partnership would be mouth-watering. Go back to a good old 4-4-fackin-2

23 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He just needs time, he's far from the complete product and needs to develop further. A more than capable Premier League striker but he could push on to the next level.

21 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I foresaw Henry being a great striker, by the way, because I have marvellous hindsight.

*BS disclaimer, btw.

I called him out for being shit, just before he scored a hat trick against us and kicked off being a great striker.

I also ruined levi porter and josh low by saying they looked good ar hinckley athletic pre season. Im like a reverse Oracle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I called him out for being shit, just before he scored a hat trick against us and kicked off being a great striker.

I also ruined levi porter and josh low by saying they looked good ar hinckley athletic pre season. Im like a reverse Oracle.

You are refreshingly honest. I am a bit bored of people pretending to know what is what, and using what they failed to predict in the past as some sort of evidence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Well done for the honesty!

And this comes from a bloke who suggested that Jay Emmanuel Thomas could be our next DM and that we should have gone for a player like Lee Clattermole rather than Esteban Cambiclasso.

:blush:

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Maguire

Evans

Chilwell if fit (Fuchs)

Ndidi

Tielemans

Gray

Iheanacho

Barnes

Vardy

It's not bad but i dont like the idea of playing any of ghezzal, iheanacho or gray instead of maddison. 

I want to see maddison and tielemans together and one of ndidi, mendy or choudhury (maddison as number 10) and my preference would be iheanacho but whichever he chooses, give then a run of games.

The 2 big toss ups are ndidi, mendy or choudhury (current preference - ndidi deserves to stay) and gray, ghezzal or iheanacho.

The rest picks itself imo but wouldn't be averse to giving ward a chance and giving kasper the chance to bound and gag his loopy gobshite dad.

Gray reminds me of Aaron Lennon. when he first burst onto the scene he had lots of pace, could beat a man and had bags of potential but lacked an end product so often through poor decision making.  Still a decent player but never lived up to the hype and now plying his trade at Burnley.

Someone also mentioned Walcott. I think the difference here is that Walcott fancied himself as a striker ,and whilst he certainly has many goals coming in from the wing he does not possess the Nounce of a top class striker.  There are players who have started out as wingers and successfully converted to strikers (Henry, Lineker) but I would suggest that they were natural strikers who were being played out of position simply because if you had pace you were put on the wing.

If I were gary I would concentrate on improving my crossing and stick to being a winger.

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You are refreshingly honest. I am a bit bored of people pretending to know what is what, and using what they failed to predict in the past as some sort of evidence.

What can i say, its a "skill" that i am both proud and scared of in equal measure.

I do try to keep my gob shut but fail, and am a bit of a legend for it in certain circles ????

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well done for the honesty!

And this comes from a bloke who suggested that Jay Emmanuel Thomas could be our next DM and that we should have gone for a player like Lee Clattermole rather than Esteban Cambiclasso.

:blush:

At least people gloss over it though and forgot about it easily ???

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

A little worried by reports of Chilwell and Maddison facing late fitness tests. While I think we can win this without Maddison, I'm less optimistic when it comes to our chances without Chilwell.

For me, I rate our chances more when Fuchs plays full back than when Simpson does...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KFS said:

For me, I rate our chances more when Fuchs plays full back than when Simpson does...

Better Chilwell than Ricardo, I agree. Fuchs offers us more than Simpson at this stage, but neither inspire the same confidence that they used to.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

A little worried by reports of Chilwell and Maddison facing late fitness tests. While I think we can win this without Maddison, I'm less optimistic when it comes to our chances without Chilwell.

I think I'd be more concerned the other way around.

Maddison/Tielemans looked like a positive partnership against Spurs, and we linked up really well. Maddison was essentially a CM in that match, and if he's out I wouldn't be surprised if we did a straight swap with Mendy in the middle alongside Ndidi and YT. Can't see that being effective at all.

Individually Chilwell is the better player (currently), but I think Fuchs would be a better deputy than whoever replaces JM.

Hopefully they're both cleared to play tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see Maddison start then swap for Iheanacho around the hour mark.

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Surely that's a good reason to try him in a different role? Bale was pretty shite at LB, moved up to the wing and he was brilliant

Give it’s mainly his final decision or touch that lets him down moving him to a position where it is even more crucial I’m not sure that it is a good idea