Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Palace at Home - Pre Match

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

This tv malarkey is getting a bit ridiculous now, sky and bt sport are both killing the 3.00 kick off.  I thought the whole argument about not showing live 3.00pm kick offs was because of reduced crowds, well i know 3 people who aren't going now because of the late kick off!

I agree entirely with your point but are you sure they aren't going purely down to the late kick off...plenty of people round me this season fading away by the game, 3pm or not.

Edited by Matt

That Spurs game seems so long ago but if we go back to the team selection there were a few interesting things to ponder for today:-

Firstly it appears Evans is firmly in ahead of Morgan, just one more repetition of that would confirm that. Want - Evans in, Expect - Evans in

Secondly don't forget the original team sheet had Ndidi on the bench and Mendy starting. If Mendys fit, despite how good Ndidi looked with Tielemans would Puel still start Mendy? Want Ndidi, expect Mendy.

Then the Vardy situation. A look at another option or a punishment for his reaction to Puel / Pogba? Want - Vardy, Expect ? Toughest to call, if it is Vardy then Gray may stay in at the expense of Ghezzal. If Maddison doesn't make it we may never know how it would have gone as they'll all be included.

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree entirely with your point but are you sure they aren't going purely down to the late kick off...plenty of people round me this season fading away by the game, 3pm or not.

They were coming with me to the game and then going out tonight, if they went to the game they couldn't go out tonight, so i end up having to try and give 3 st's away, which is a lot harder than it sounds.

am i the only person who is a bit surprised that puel mentioned injury issues two days before a game?  Chilly is one of our major forward threats and many clubs coming to the KP this season have made specific plans for defending that side of the pitch at the expense of other areas they felt less worried about 

surely giving two days notice that he may not be playing is an unnecessary advantage for palace in their prep ??  small margins and all that. 

Pearson was always very coy about stuff like that and surely it makes sense 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

am i the only person who is a bit surprised that puel mentioned injury issues two days before a game?  Chilly is one of our major forward threats and many clubs coming to the KP this season have made specific plans for defending that side of the pitch at the expense of other areas they felt less worried about 

surely giving two days notice that he may not be playing is an unnecessary advantage for palace in their prep ??  small margins and all that. 

Pearson was always very coy about stuff like that and surely it makes sense 

You are probably the only one. Most of us want Puel to disclose everything about the club's inner activities to the fans via press conferences. Yes, it may harm our business transactions with other clubs and also harm our results by giving away our tactics, but I suppose thats all worth it as long as the fans get their explanations....?

:protest:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Feels like a very pivotal moment in the season, maybe the last pivotal moment in the season

8 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

B&HA game will be pivotal . That will kick off our revival . Today is a gonner . 

Edited by surrifox
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Way results have gone so far today it'll be a case of looking at who's below us rather than the other way round should we not win this game.

Honestly think it's the final nail in the coffin if we dont win today.

Huge 3 points for Puel. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1