Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester city 1-4 Crystal palace post-Match thread

11 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Okay, so at one point Vardy bailed Puel out, at another he added to his problems. It's still totally wrong to imply that Vardy has been the great thorn in Puel's side, or that his finishing was a relevant factor in today's debacle. He remains the only striker to have enjoyed any kind of success in the EPL under Puel's management. And of course there are 'right sort of chances' for a striker. A floated cross into the box would have been fantastic for Ulloa, Iwan Roberts, Steve Walsh, less so for Tony Cottee or Vardy. There are strikers, like Cottee, who are 'quick around the box', react well in tight situations. Others thrive in the air. And we could go on. So when Vardy misses a decent aerial opportunity, the chance isn't as tailored to his skills as when he's one on one. Now I know he's not buried all of his one-on-ones, and I know he used to have a good record in the air, but it's another sweeping, misleading statement to say 'chances are chances are chances.' I simply don't understand your determination to focus this argument on Vardy, even on a day like today when he clearly wasn't one of our principal problems. It's beginning to look more like an aggressive agenda rather than balanced, sober criticism of a still-decent striker who isn't enjoying his best form, and may be showing the first signs of decline. And I find that very peculiar from a Leicester fan, especially when it's largely driven by a determination to defend Claude Puel, and do so by pointing the finger at established favourites.

This.

As an aside, I note the Puel defenders having been proved wrong over the last 12 months, are clinging to;

”he lowered the age of the team”, “he pruned the squad”.

As if getting rid of players that are past it is some skill you get a coaching badge for that has propelled us to great heights this season in the PL.

Now is there one of those hardened Puel Inners who have been so self righteous about their view on Puel that have the to character to admit they were wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

This.

As an aside, I note the Puel defenders having been proved wrong over the last 12 months, are clinging to;

”he lowered the age of the team”, “he pruned the squad”.

As if getting rid of players that are past it is some skill you get a coaching badge for that has propelled us to great heights this season in the PL.

Now is there one of those hardened Puel Inners who have been so self righteous about their view on Puel that have the to character to admit they were wrong?

I know you’re more intelligent than your post suggests and are probably just on the wind up again but seeing some positives, hoping things would improve and being fed up of the sacking Merry Go Round doesn’t equate to being wrong to hold an alternative opinion to those who wanted him gone

Yesterday,  on top of Cardiff and Southampton at home,  appears to have been the final straw for even many of those who had previously supported keeping him 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BKLFox said:

1 summer and 2 January windows so if you know anything about transfer windows it’s 1 yes and in that time he didn’t know what he had in the summer, and what does he buy January just gone and for how much?

Hadn`t he already been manager for more than half a season before last summers window, how could he not know what he had in the summer.

Also if he only had one transfer window to work in, do January windows not count then?

I seem to remember us bringing in Mahrez, Huth and NDidi during the january window in the past.

Who does he buy and for how much?

He buys a striker who he believes will be more suited to his style of play, and for whatever it costs to get him.

I highly doubt that he or the club are, or have been looking at strkers that are out of our price range anyway.

His failure to do this has now contributed to him losing his job.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Watching the highlights, what on earth was Maguire and Fuchs doing for the second? Fuchs covering for Maguire positionally, who then decided to wander half heartedly to stand next to Fuchs leaving Zaha unmarked. 

He's seriously been caught out so many times since the WC

He was extremely dodgy defensively when he first joined, being at fault for many goals. Improved towards the end of last season, then regressed again this season.

He also had his dodgy defensive moments at the WC but then Slabhead Mania happened after that header and all was forgotten. Like a couple games back when he was lucky not to get sent off against Liverpool, but then no one cared after he scored 5 mins later.

Just now, brucey said:

He was extremely dodgy defensively when he first joined, being at fault for many goals. Improved towards the end of last season, then regressed again this season.

He also had his dodgy defensive moments at the WC but then Slabhead Mania happened after that header and all was forgotten. Like a couple games back when he was lucky not to get sent off against Liverpool, but then no one cared after he scored 5 mins later.

2 goals he's at fault for 100%. For the 4th no way he should be taking those risks 3-1 down, simply punt the ball down. 

Ridiculous how he's been let to drop his standards. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on

The Maguire of last season is a different player to this season

Completely, he's just as lethal in the box, but defensively he's been all over the place. The minute we make a change in either the CB or LB positions, he's seemed lost. 

Maybe the lack of pre season has knocked him off his stride? Even so, at this point in the year he should be at peak level. 

Fingers can hopefully start to be pointed at the likes of Kasper, Maguire, Vardy and Maddison. Hopefully we see them take responsibility against Brighton and actually bloody turn up.

16 minutes ago, brucey said:

Maguire has been poor for several games this season. When he was out and we had Morgan & Evans in, wasn't that our best defensive spell this season? 

I wouldn't have said this last season, but if Man Ure come in with a 50 Million bid I'd sell. I think his head has been turned.

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I know you’re more intelligent than your post suggests and are probably just on the wind up again but seeing some positives, hoping things would improve and being fed up of the sacking Merry Go Round doesn’t equate to being wrong to hold an alternative opinion to those who wanted him gone

Yesterday,  on top of Cardiff and Southampton at home,  appears to have been the final straw for even many of those who had previously supported keeping him 

Nah.

5 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I don't think his heart has ever been in it. I think that's the major problem with him.

We should have axed him when going into a season with Amartey as RB and Iheanacho and Okazaki as our only back up to Vardy became a reality.

The guy is a ****ing joke.

To be fair to him, you don’t know that the transfers in/not in and out were purely his decision ....

9 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

Know what you mean, but our goal did come from one of his long chucks.

We wouldnt have got the goalif he hadnt have called the players up. Thought he was one of our better players and although they won 4-1 and he scored twice Saha hardly featured otherwise similarly with Townsend which meant that they thrashed us without their best 2 players   featuring   a disgrace

Just now, Foxaholic ME said:

We wouldnt have got the goalif he hadnt have called the players up. Thought he was one of our better players and although they won 4-1 and he scored twice Saha hardly featured otherwise similarly with Townsend which meant that they thrashed us without their best 2 players   featuring   a disgrace

Yep

1945 Saturday:

On 23/02/2019 at 14:45, Suzie the Fox said:

i can see his faults. We cannot continue as we are and something has to change. The change will be Puel! 

0730 Sunday:

CPgone.JPG.8360491b3a27fd84c043539c5a94fbbd.JPG

Who is this "Suzie", hiding in plain sight?   Draw your own conclusions.     SW.JPG.cd0f2dd963991c445949a34b8d8c26e9.JPG

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Maguire has been poor for several games this season. When he was out and we had Morgan & Evans in, wasn't that our best defensive spell this season? 

I wouldn't have said this last season, but if Man Ure come in with a 50 Million bid I'd sell. I think his head has been turned.

Despite the slating he gets on here, Morgan has been far far better than Maguire this season and we've looked so much better and more assured defensively this season with Morgan in the side over Maguire.

Be interested to see the stats for our goals conceded with Maguire this season vs our goals conceded without him. I'd imagine they'd be very damning. He's having a piss poor season really.

Edited by Sampson

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Despite the slating he gets on here, Morgan has been far far better than Maguire this season and we've looked so much better and more assured defensively this season with Morgan in the side over Maguire.

Be interested to see the stats for our goals conceded with Maguire this season vs our goals conceded without him. I'd imagine they'd be very damning. He's having a piss poor season really.

He's been disappointingly ineffective at our corners too, but that could be partly due to poor delivery.

To be fair to Maguire, I do get the impression that he cares, and gets frustrated, watching our fruitless attack and gets caught out sometimes because he overtries to make a useful pass or indulges in a risky foray up the field. I feel that Puel hasn't instilled good enough teamwork and discipline into the squad such that other players are aware of the danger and drop to cover.