Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester city 1-4 Crystal palace post-Match thread

We have two major problems;

one is we have far too much careless play the like of which you don't see from other teams at this level, so we get punished. Why? Maybe the players don't believe in the system and/or the manager.

Two is we have a squad of players that have difficulty in scoring when they make chances, or don't even make chances at all.

Meaning we concede too much and don't score enough. Simple.

All sounds like coaching/management to me. For the love of God, just get rid of puel. Even if we reverse the side we'll now be lucky to get top 10.  At this rate it'll be more like 14th/15th.

Was it only a few weeks ago we were looking at 7th, not even that far from 6th? Terrible form.

City mean way more to me than they should. I’m 52 and should no better. But I feel pretty darn sad about it all tonight. Tonight’s game was a chastening experience and everything feels wrong at the moment. 

I simply don’t think Claude has the charisma to inspire the players or the supporters, and hence it’s time for him to be removed. God knows who we get to replace him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

City mean way more to me than they should. I’m 52 and should no better. But I feel pretty darn sad about it all tonight. Tonight’s game was a chastening experience and everything feels wrong at the moment. 

I simply don’t think Claude has the charisma to inspire the players or the supporters, and hence it’s time for him to be removed. God knows who we get to replace him. 

As a Harpenden fox myself, I am pleased that you are finally seeing the light, Puel-wise!!

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

As a Harpenden fox myself, I am pleased that you are finally seeing the light, Puel-wise!!

I’ve been on the fence for ages, having endured games like the 5-0 at Palace last season, but I think today tipped me over the edge. I hate sacking managers. It feels like a failure, but I think we need to get on with it. 

Good to know there’s another Fox in town. There are indeed plenty of us across the County. Hope we are all feeling a little more cheerful come Tuesday night 

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

Did you never, at any point support him then? Assuming you did, you must also have changed your mind at some point! I don't think you can call people wanting to give someone a chance 'deluded'. All of us were, at one moment in time, willing to give Taylor, Bassett, Levein, Kelly, Allen, Holloway, Sousa a chance. Yes, we were wrong to in those cases, but we'd be lousy fans if we didn't give people a fair shot.

The only thing that's changed for me is that I now think there is a strong enough argument now for us to fire him, whereas it was previously quite a flimsy argument based on misinformation, gut feelings and unrealistic expectations. I've always had doubts about him, but I could see progress here and there, and in that regard I'm consistent. In the here and now, of course, there's a very strong argument not to wait and see in the summer, but to act immediately.

How was Allen given a chance

Agree with many here who said Maddison and MacGuire had a very poor game.

Maddison started off in the first half ok in terms of dropping deep and helping up with linking play - but then it got downhill for him.  His set pieces and corners were awful.  I don’t get how he can consistently not get over the first man or overfloats everything.

MacGuire is just not a good defender and is error prone. If we want to stop leaking goals, we need to think about dropping him.

Barnes was really the real bright light at the moment - but I feel sorry for him when he could be playing happily and winning games at WBA.

We dominate possession and create some nice ball movements until the final or second final ball. Why? Because we don’t have the players and the system for it. This I blame Puel. Barnes and Vardy are wasted in this system. They need space to run on to but we just don’t have enough players who can release them early enough - today, only MacGuire did once, Fuchs tried a few times (he is still good for me), Tielemans tried too (he will be good for us). Puel really needs to fix this very soon - first by changing the style of play and second by playing Okazaki to support Vardy. Leaving Vardy up front alone is part of the problem why we are not lethal enough. He is just not given enough space with defenders being able to swamp around him to prevent fast breaks and through balls. Defenders don’t need to worry about others because the others are way to slow in building up and making runs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He needs to play in a three 

we have the personnel to carry it out

we dont have a manager willing to play the system 

Agree totally as long as the third CB is youthful with pace and mobility.

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

I missed the game. It was a choice of watch this or take a girl out for a nice meal. If I'd watched the game I would have just got myself frustrated 3 hours earlier. 1 point from a possible 18, it could be worse.

I take it as read that after the meal you didn't end the night frustrated? 

I wouldn't even give him Tuesday. Don't under-estimate the virtue of a man not being Puel. Look at Solskjaer, he's no top manager he just isn't Mourinho.

It's piss poor but he's got to go. Give it Shakespeare or Appleton until May then a new man in the summer and use this time to ensure the right man is brought in.

Good luck Claude. I got it to a degree but this is never going to work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He needs to play in a three 

we have the personnel to carry it out

we dont have a manager willing to play the system 

Maguire needs to play in a 3 and we have the CBs to do that. We have 2 excellent wing backs. We need to play some combination of 3 midfielders to keep a strong connection between defence and attack. We need to play 2 strikers (one possibly withdrawn). It is crying out for 3-5-2 and our squad is perfect for it.

5 hours ago, The Doctor said:

You're talking about last season, and yes last season he was spectacular. But, there's no arguing this season for what ever reason he's been on a steep decline. People refuse to see that though and talk about not playing to his strengths, which may be the case, but a good striker buries good chances. There's not a "not the right sort of chance" for a top striker, there's a goalscoring chance or a half chance. Much as I think we all hate spurs, look at Kane: https://understat.com/team/Tottenham/2018 should be on 12-13, is on 15. He's not hiding behind missing clear cut chances because "oh, it wasn't a quick ball". Vardy this season doesn't justify a shirt, and is reliant on Okazaki (never a goalscorer for us) and Iheanacho (doing his best to prove every overweight 40 year old plumbers insistence that even he could score in a team like man city) not doing enough to displace him rather than having the shirt on his own merits - looking elsewhere and talking about the form of the midfielders and the tactics, as if that explains his profligacy, is excuse making. If he weren't getting the service fine, but he is, and he's wasting it.

Are we pretending he's not joint second on big chances missed this season? That he's not, by any statistical measure, underperforming?

Please tell me who 'justifies' a start over Vardy because I'm all ears.... he's the best striker outside of the top 6 yet you'd rather place the blame at his door than Puel's?

Do you go to the games? He gets zero service most weeks.

You like statistics? We haven't lost 4 home games on the bounce for NINETEEN YEARS, but yeah Puel is faultless right?

Award for the most deluded poster on foxestalk goes to.... (sorta want to apologise for being harsh here but I've seen you say worse on countless occasions :ph34r:)

Edited by Fosse93
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1