Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester city 1-4 Crystal palace post-Match thread

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

But but but Vardy played why didn’t we win?????

The manager doesn`t play to Vardys strengths. I don`t know if hes out of form or not, because he is rarely given the same opportunities that he usually thrives on, in the style in which this manager wants us to play.

If the manager wants to play in the way that he sets us up, then he has had 3 transfer windows to bring  a striker in that can play that way, but he has failed to do so, and would rather try and convert Gray into that striker, who is not football intelligent enough, it`s bizarre.

Edited by smudger63
  • Thanks 1

Puel is reported as saying "It is normal for the fans to be worried", Worried what the bloody hell is he talking about. I'm seething with anger because in all the years (50+) I have followed this Club he is undoubtedly the worst manager we have ever had. He simply hasn't a clue and unless the chaos isn't sorted without delay the like of Palace, Burnley, Newcastle & Brighton will all overhaul us. Thank God Huddersfield & Fulham are so poor and Southampton & Cardiff aren't much better.

• Like 1

The players need to look at themselves how they allowed things to denegrate so quickly. We weren't playing bad football at times but enough is enough.

Puel won't be here next season and if we can line up a half decent appointment, won't be here next week.

Finally, I hate Palace. 

Started well, without a real meaningful chance which we have seen so often before. Yet to then get taken apart at home against a team battling for relegation is a fcukin disgrace. We got back to 1-1 and then collapsed, we are horrific at the back and so obvious going forward.

It's the end of the road, he probably gets Tuesday as it comes round too quick but I dont see us getting the win which means he has to go. We are in free fall.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Started well, without a real meaningful chance which we have seen so often before. Yet to then get taken apart at home against a team battling for relegation is a fcukin disgrace. We got back to 1-1 and then collapsed, we are horrific at the back and so obvious going forward.

It's the end of the road, he probably gets Tuesday as it comes round too quick but I dont see us getting the win which means he has to go. We are in free fall.

I don’t think he deserves it quite frankly get him sacked ASAP.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Well no, that's why I didn't bring Vardy up. You might have noticed that I actually singled out Kasper as a big part of that. I simply responded to someone pointing out that the issue isn't "didn't play Vardy". And I'll stop pointing out that he's on the decline once people stop blaming Puel for his inability to finish chances he used to take.

I think you'll struggle to find anyone in the world who seriously blames Puel for how clinical Vardy is or isn't. The whole point is that Vardy's form in front of goal wasn't a principal cause of our loss today, or our recent poor form, nor has it got Puel into the situation he's in now. If you want to blame him for missing a penalty against Spurs, or the xG stats, you have to credit him for his match-winning goals which kept Puel in a job over Xmas, or the incredibly clinical 2017/18 Vardy who got the goals to save Puel's bacon. Over time, he hasn't been one of the main reasons for Puel's predicament, and it's highly misleading for you to keep suggesting that it is. 

So I don't think anyone is going to argue that Vardy is on fire right now, or that he's still at his peak, or that Puel is responsible when he misses a chance. They might point out that we're not playing to Vardy's strengths. That the types of chances he has aren't necessarily the type he thrives off. That whoever plays up front for whichever of Puel's English top flight sides (Vardy last season excepted) always struggles for form. And they might point out that there are other more obvious problems in the side right now - the lack of creativity for anyone, Vardy or otherwise, up front. The form of Maddison, Ghezzal, Mendy, Maguire. Some of Puel's questionable decision-making.

At the end of the day, we were 14th when Puel took over and were back in reasonable form. 16 months later, we're 12th, he's on our worst slump in years and if it continues we might in 6 games' time be just one or two results away from the bottom three. We've lost four on the bounce at home, are struggling to create clear chances, spirits are low, the crowd has turned and some of the old defences of his management - that he'd sorted out our defence (we've conceded 7 in the past 2 matches and just lost 1-4 at home), that he's assembled some of the best young talent in the game, that we've come up with a more sustainable style of play, that our league position is a significant improvement on what it was - are beginning to look less convincing. Plus, Leicester fans should know to be wary of cup humiliations which lead to a collapse in league form. I still believe that he's done some good things and that there's a chance it could work out, but that's a huge risk to take and he could hardly complain if he were moved on now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Would he? He's missing big chance after big chance after big chance. It's not that he's not getting the service, the quality of chances he's getting is on a par with the title winning season, but his finishing is nowhere near. People don't want it to be the case, and want to blame  everyone and everything else, but he hasn't looked right all season.

He missed a pen at Wembley when ‘cold’ .......that apart, what big chances has he missed in the past month ???

1 hour ago, breadandcheese said:

We can't be losing 4-1 at home to Palace.

But there's little point getting rid of Puel at this point in the season, with the transfer window long gone. A new man in the summer.

If he hangs around too long the toxicity around the playing side of the club mght be impossible for the new man to sort out. 

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think the thing to remember about our squad is that we have good players but so does every other team. 

Maybe our players and squad aren't as good as we think they are.

Most sides are much of a muchness outside the top six. But we shouldn’t be 8 points behind wolves and Watford 

37 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

If we're going on performances, it's harsh for Choudhury not to be in the squad when you consider Mendy's recent form, and that our formation is designed to accommodate three attacking midfielders, even though only one of them - Barnes - looked worthy of a place in the side today. Ghezzal and Gray have rarely looked worthy.

I'd go for a shift in formation to allow our full backs - who plays as wing backs anyway and leave us exposed to all sorts of danger - to actually be wing backs, and make the most of our ample defensive options (either CBs or DCMs) instead of fielding attacking players who haven't produced the goods. It'd also offer more support for Maguire who is very exposed in a two man CB partnership.

Of course, if we play a 3-5-1-1 with two defensive CMs and full backs in the wing back roles, we'll be accused of being overly defensive. So I accept that this may be more of an option away from home than at the KP, but we've conceded 15 goals in the past 6 matches, 7 in the past 2, and that has to change. We need to play to our strengths more, and those attacking players aren't our strengths as it stands.

The greater physical presence we'd have if we dropped a few of our more diminutive players, plonking an extra CB and a giant DCM into the side, would also hugely improve our threat from set pieces. So long as, if we allow Maddison anywhere near them, they're a lot better than they were today.

Playing a back three with some actual intensity seemed to work for the great escape ...... you can play a back three and be on the front foot ......it’s the intensity that’s missing .....we stand off the ball too much and allow the opposition to play .......not giving them enough to think about - too easy to play against ......with Barnes and gray out wide, it’s pathetic that we can’t work the ball inside the full backs for them to get to the byline and pull cross back .......what do they do all bloody week???. 

Those who have supported Puel on here have generally been as stubborn and as intransigent as the man himself.

How many of you have the guts now to admit that your backing of him was deluded, your loyalty misplaced and that, well, basically you were just wrong?

The truth is that he has taken this team backwards. He is clueless, dull, unpopular, uninspiring and incapable - or more pertinently- unwilling to learn from his mistakes.

I want him gone before Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest seanfox778
16 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Puel is reported as saying "It is normal for the fans to be worried", Worried what the bloody hell is he talking about. I'm seething with anger because in all the years (50+) I have followed this Club he is undoubtedly the worst manager we have ever had. He simply hasn't a clue and unless the chaos isn't sorted without delay the like of Palace, Burnley, Newcastle & Brighton will all overhaul us. Thank God Huddersfield & Fulham are so poor and Southampton & Cardiff aren't much better.

That’s never normal lol

9 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

The manager is at fault, but so are the players, some really aren’t playing for the manager, and some are just playing shit

It’s fine margins ..... look how things have changed at yanited with the same players ......look at how things changed here when Claudio left ..... whatever the reasons, this manager isn’t getting what he should be from this squad.

First time I have left early since villa put 5 past us and Elliot got sent off.

many times been tempted but today had tipped me.

We are seated high up in H block so get a good overview. Players were clearly holding back when we attacked so limited options when we got into the box.

clear to me that players not playing for Puel and I was in the Puel in camp until recently.

I am really gutted today and in the pub two palace fans could believe how bad we were.

im afraid we really do have to sack the bastard....

2 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

First time I have left early since villa put 5 past us and Elliot got sent off.

many times been tempted but today had tipped me.

We are seated high up in H block so get a good overview. Players were clearly holding back when we attacked so limited options when we got into the box.

clear to me that players not playing for Puel and I was in the Puel in camp until recently.

I am really gutted today and in the pub two palace fans could believe how bad we were.

im afraid we really do have to sack the bastard....

I don’t think the players purposely hold back, i believe its the instructions they are given in regards to being patient with their play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, breadandcheese said:

We can't be losing 4-1 at home to Palace.

But there's little point getting rid of Puel at this point in the season, with the transfer window long gone. A new man in the summer.

It'll be too late by then.

I'm not one for sacking managers willy-nilly and I have been one to say stick with him. I was at the match today as pitch-side para and I had belief in the first 30 mins that we were going to win comfortably because we outplayed CP. However our complete lack of attacking prowess and the feebleness in defence, particularly after going 1 down, was quite frustrating to watch. we started the second half on the back foot straight away. We were plodding and ineffective. Side to side through Maguire so often. He was almost as slow and lumbering today as Wes Morgan on a good day. 

No aerial threat from Maddies poor corners and free kicks. 

The substitutions, once again were baffling. The only contribution Okizaki made was one ball over the top to Vardy which got stifled by their LB. Not sure what Ieanacho has to offer, if anything. 

I've been one to give Puel time but today has changed my mind. I no longer know what positives there are to see in him. 

I thought Barnes, Fuchs, (surprisingly), Riccardo and Tielemans were our best players today. The rest were mediocre at best. Either that or lost in translation.

I believe we have the players but we don't have the manager to make them perform. I believe he doesn't know his tactics or can't pass them on to the players in a way they actually can relate to.

If he goes, I have no idea who could come in and change things at this stage. I don't want Dyche that's for sure.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I don’t think the players purposely hold back, i believe its the instructions they are given in regards to being patient with their play. 

So the manager is wrong with his tactics then, 1-3 down and we should be patient with our attacking play?? Ok Claude

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s fine margins ..... look how things have changed at yanited with the same players ......look at how things changed here when Claudio left ..... whatever the reasons, this manager isn’t getting what he should be from this squad.

I hear what your saying but the owners should choose the manager, not players picking and choosing which manager they want to play for.

It’s obvious vardy isn’t playing for puel, and they are not getting on, Peter Schmeichel has made it obvious kasper doesn’t want to play for puel.

To many spoilt players wanting their own way is the impression I’m getting.

Get rid of puel, keep the same certain players that have seen off claudio, Shakespeare, and puel, I hope the new manager does as the players want or they will have the same fate, whist these spoilt pricks get new contracts and ££££££££££££ in the bank, whilst playing wank

Edited by Monsell1976