woddyuk Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 2 hours ago, oxford blue said: I think it will depend on when a new manager is appointed. There will be a restricted field if the owners want to appoint a permanent manager now. Names sich as Benitez and Lampard would be ruled out. Given that Celtic are unlikely to come any position other than Champions, I think it would be possible to get Rodgers in now; he has achieved all he can. I am not sure whether any of the immediately avilable managers will be best for the club longer term (although the first priority is to ensure we are not in arelegation battle - only City &2 other clubs ahve not won since 1st Jan). Look at the timing of Puels departure. Losing consecutive six games and overall poor form and slide down the table aside, Celtic are now no longer in Europe. Coincidence?
UPinCarolina Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 1 minute ago, woddyuk said: Look at the timing of Puels departure. Losing consecutive six games and overall poor form and slide down the table aside, Celtic are now no longer in Europe. Coincidence? Well, the timing of Puel’s slide was absolutely coincidence.
Jakewilk Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 52 minutes ago, The Doctor said: Yeah, I miss playing in league one and travelling to the arse end of nowhere to stand it a cowshed too. Man failed in the championship, if he wasn't a former player he wouldn't even be being mentioned, and by that mark we might as well go get Ian Walker from whatever Chinese team he was on the coaching staff of. Good points, certainly nostalgia is a factor in mentioning him. To be quite honest I have no idea who I would like to see take the helm. Everyone is a gamble, and it’s hard to know how anyone would get on with any particular group of players. The best manager on record can move clubs and end up doing shite and the manager with the worst record might go to a club and just slot into place and build a legacy. We won’t know how good anyone is going to be until they’ve had a few games and more importantly a transfer window with us.
reynard Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 58 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said: Would love Howe, as I think the only thing he's lacking right now at Bournemouth are the resources, which we have plenty of. I don't know that he would inspire the fans, though. I'm also not sure of his record with developing young players. Whoever comes in needs to be able to build off of the positives and address the negatives, rather than again bring in a totally new philosophy. You do realise Bournemouth spent 31 million on 2 players in the January transfer window don't you? They are backed by serious money they aren't just a small town club any longer.
woddyuk Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 29 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said: Well, the timing of Puel’s slide was absolutely coincidence. I meant tops timing in sacking him knowing it might now be easier to secure Rodgers with celtic out of Europe .
Guest Bilo Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Left field option, but Pal Dardai from Hertha Berlin?
420Hashish Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 I can't believe there are people who actually voted for Alan Pardew and fat Sam. Has anyone thought of Ronald Koeman though?
LinekersLugs Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Rodgers near 50% wow George Graham is missing off the list (will only be funny to those those of an age)
dooflip Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Rodgers is puel mk2. People need to realise this. we need Vardy firing again. We need someone to make that happen, to get the best out of our best player. Rodgers isn’t that man, more sideways and backwards. I’ll be bitterly disappointed if he gets the job. id love bielsa here, though I feel his lack of English may stop that from happening.
fox in the sox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Although we have progressed as a club in recent years, there is no suggestion from recent appointments that we are able to attract the top names. This is why I feel that Rodgers and Benitez are probably out of our reach. Wagner seems to be a more realistic target who would be taking a step up from his previous job and would get the fans interested again.
UPinCarolina Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 1 hour ago, reynard said: You do realise Bournemouth spent 31 million on 2 players in the January transfer window don't you? They are backed by serious money they aren't just a small town club any longer. I was thinking more of potential growth, stadium, facilities, etc. They’ve got that sweet PL cash, I know.
AlloverthefloorYesNdidi Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Its going to be Rogers, i'm convinced. The man is a genius, almost won the league with Liverpool, im willing to hope he'll be great for us. Im in
WigstonWanderer Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Voted for Howe but don’t think he’d come. Wouldn’t be against Allardyce for the rest of the season (he seems to like short term gigs anyway) to give time for a good look around and appointment over the summer. Perhaps there’s someone they could call in to help look, some sort of manager scout.
Lcfcwatto Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Has everybody overlooked Predrag Radosavljević A.k.a Preki??? Last time he was tipped to be the next boss we won the league!
Arriba Los Zorros Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 How on earth has Nigel Pearson not been mentioned. I'd love him back as caretaker, see how he gets on with a view to the full time role. Of the ones listed, Rodgers does stand out. And I think he will come. (Howe would be great too but Bmouth to us is a sideways step in many ways ATM!!)
foxinsocks Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said: Brendan, cos I’ve got a tenner on that too. Look i have just devoted 6 mths to dissing one uninspiring leader who divides us... please dont let's hire another
foxinsocks Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 21 minutes ago, Lcfcwatto said: Has everybody overlooked Predrag Radosavljević A.k.a Preki??? Last time he was tipped to be the next boss we won the league! Where is he now? What happened to his big uk job?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.