Brainy Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Where is the Claude Puel type appointment coming from? Like the option that is unappealing, surprising but not a total disaster? Pellegrino? De Boer?
That_Dude Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 42 minutes ago, Spudulike said: Why isn't Conte on that list 35 minutes ago, marcymarc666 said: Antonio Conte Are you both serious? He'll never come here.
Spudulike Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 3 minutes ago, That_Dude said: Are you both serious? He'll never come here. The poll doesn't ask that. Isn't he unemployed at the moment ??
jayfox26 Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 If Moyes or Pardew come anywhere near the KP, I'll personally drive and bring Puel back. On a serious note though, it is vital the club get this appointment right. We are at a critical point for our future, with some good players who we need to try out best to keep hold of and some exciting young players who we need to keep developing. The right manager plus 2 or 3 top summer signings and we could be where we want to be, aiming for 7th and having a real go in both cups. Get the wrong manager and 2 or 3 bad signings and we could be battling for premier league survival. Whilst we are on a bad run and are not definitely safe right Now, id still rather be in our position where we've been top half most of the season and have just dropped down in the past month or 2 rather than be like Southampton for example who have been in the bottom 3 most of the season.
The Doctor Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 1 hour ago, Jakewilk said: Neil Lennon, wouldn’t mind seeing how he got on managing us. Yeah, I miss playing in league one and travelling to the arse end of nowhere to stand it a cowshed too. Man failed in the championship, if he wasn't a former player he wouldn't even be being mentioned, and by that mark we might as well go get Ian Walker from whatever Chinese team he was on the coaching staff of. Hard to say, I'd like a left field appointment like Marco Rose or Vincenzo Montella but do we reckon Rudkins heard of them? Not really, I doubt he'd have even gone for Puel if he hadn't been at Southampton immediately before.
UPinCarolina Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Would love Howe, as I think the only thing he's lacking right now at Bournemouth are the resources, which we have plenty of. I don't know that he would inspire the fans, though. I'm also not sure of his record with developing young players. Whoever comes in needs to be able to build off of the positives and address the negatives, rather than again bring in a totally new philosophy.
That_Dude Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 4 minutes ago, Spudulike said: The poll doesn't ask that. Isn't he unemployed at the moment ?? Yes afaik, but what makes you think he'd come here? Did you have a look at the teams and the players he managed recently?
sylofox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 1 hour ago, SheppyFox said: Nobody on that list excites me. My Mrs excites me but I reckon she would do a shite job as a football manager.
Ian Nacho Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 9 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said: Would love Howe, as I think the only thing he's lacking right now at Bournemouth are the resources, which we have plenty of. I don't know that he would inspire the fans, though. I'm also not sure of his record with developing young players. Whoever comes in needs to be able to build off of the positives and address the negatives, rather than again bring in a totally new philosophy. Bournemouth have actually spent a few quid over the years. Their net spend for the season is about £65m, compared to about £19m of ours. Over the past 5 seasons, their net spend has actually been £3m more than us.
Vulpecula Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said: Are we tarring Brendan Rodgers with that brush too then? No, as he's already done good work (proved himself) in the PL.
The Doctor Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 7 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said: Would love Howe, as I think the only thing he's lacking right now at Bournemouth are the resources, which we have plenty of. I don't know that he would inspire the fans, though. I'm also not sure of his record with developing young players. Whoever comes in needs to be able to build off of the positives and address the negatives, rather than again bring in a totally new philosophy. He bombed out of Burnley, his only attempt at working out of Bournemouth. Seems he only really fits there, like Pearson did here.
st albans fox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said: Bournemouth have actually spent a few quid over the years. Their net spend for the season is about £65, compared to about £19m of ours. Over the past 5 seasons, their net spend has actually been £3m more than us. Seriously mate - can you not mess with the narrative ...... small club, amazing manager with no resources ........
Vulpecula Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Someone's voted for Fat Sam! Imagine the meltdown here.
foxfan92 Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 I'd want Howes. Can't see it happening though.
Mark_w Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Is Eddie Howe really plausible? He'd be a no brainer for me if so - but I can't see it. I'd be very very open to Farke, looks like he's done a great job with Norwich, sounds very switched on, gave Maddison his chance and has managed to improve them in spite of losing him. Obviously I'd still love Pearson but there's no chance of that happening.
yorkie1999 Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 I think that after destroying his career in a 3-2 victory, we owe something to Tim sherwood
Mike Oxlong Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 14 minutes ago, sylofox said: My Mrs excites me but I reckon she would do a shite job as a football manager. Better than the reverse I suppose although you might get free match tickets
CloudFox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Is Lopetegui worth a shout? Wonder what he'd do with our squad. Personally I think Rodgers is the best fit. Reckon we'll get Appleton or Wagner until the summer though (the latter less likely, but just have a funny feeling after Rudkin's past interest in him).
Heymister2015 Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 stowell until the summer and then Ralph Hasenhüttl! Likes youth as much as puel but also likes exciting football, has personality like klopp and he'd be more than welcome to bring Nathan Redmond with him!
Fightforever Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Come on own up who voted for the fat bastard
sylofox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Just now, Fightforever said: Come on own up who voted for the fat bastard Which one?
Fightforever Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Just now, sylofox said: Which one? Sam Allardyce
Bob Weasel Fox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 3 hours ago, foxfanazer said: Who do we want? Want Eddie Howe think it will be Rodgers
Chiltern Fox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Nige, shaky and Walsh all back. If Claudio gets the bullet, bring him back as club ambassador. Before you say....Yes, I'm a romantic ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.