Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
foxfanazer

Next permanent manager poll

Next Manager Poll  

619 members have voted

  1. 1. Next full time manager?

    • Rodgers
      259
    • Benitez
      71
    • Wagner
      32
    • Howe
      54
    • Dyche
      22
    • Hughton
      9
    • Allardyce
      7
    • Moyes
      7
    • Pardew
      10
    • Lampard
      29
    • Wilder
      10
    • Farke
      14
    • Other
      94


Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, maddog said:

Celtic have been abysmal in Europe this season and many Celtic fans have showed unrest towards Rodgers due to lack of European progress and poor style of play.

 

I don't know what his football philosophy really is and its definitely not attacking.

 

Don't want him.

at the end of the day what's he supposed to do?? He's won every trophy possible domestically.

 

but the fact is Celtic will always be massive underdogs in Europe due to the the general quality of the SPL and huge financial gap with the elite clubs.

 

Getting drawn to Barcelona, PSG and Manchester City in recent group stages is not exactly a walk in the park. The fact he's been competitive and even taking them to the knockout round of the Europa league this time round should be applauded.

Posted
9 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Marco Rose, Salzburg boss. Doing very well, young, attacking football, on the up. 

Sorry I missed this and posted my suggestion later. Interestingly he had Brendan's boxers down in the Europa League Group Stages proving that Celtic are not as big and good as they think they are. 

Posted
12 hours ago, DrezZone said:

I can't believe there are people who actually voted for Alan Pardew and fat Sam.

 

 

Has anyone thought of Ronald Koeman though?

Pardew's up to 8 now! How many family members does he have?

 

Fat Sam is up to 6. 

 

How about both as joint managers? We'd have the best of both then!:D

 

David Moyes has thrown his hat into the ring, and it looks like 4 of our fans want him in!

 

Why isn't Mark Hughes on the list? The much loved ex Stoke and Southampton manager? 

 

What is frightening is we could end up with one of these!

 

 

 

 

Posted
11 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

 

64 goals in 27 games hardly defensive football is it mate?

In the SPL, Okazaki will have 20 goals there :p

 

 

Posted

Need to put Roberto Martinez on the poll as he’s one of three on our short list apparently!

Posted
1 hour ago, Clarkey123 said:

Wouldn’t be completely against Lampard getting the job 

This clamour for people like Lampard, Gerrard, Arteta, Lennon etc is bizarre. Most of it seems to be based on the fact they were good players, but that has absolutely no bearing on how good they are as a manager.

 

I've heard so many people call for Lennon because he was good for us in the 90's. So was Robbie Savage, but I wouldn't want him as manager.

 

Arteta has never managed, but you know he sits near Guardiola every match so he must be good...

 

Gerrard is doing a decent job but he's not even completed a season yet.

 

Same for Lampard expect Derby are arguably lower in the table that they expected to be.

 

I'm just glad Henry failed at Monaco or else people would be calling for him as well.

 

Posted

there are many things that we disagree over on foxestalk but I think we can all agree that anyone voting in favour of Allardyce, Moyes or Pardew needs to stop what they're doing right now, phone the doctor and make an appointment to get their head checked ASAP.

Posted
1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

there are many things that we disagree over on foxestalk but I think we can all agree that anyone voting in favour of Allardyce, Moyes or Pardew needs to stop what they're doing right now, phone the doctor and make an appointment to get their head checked ASAP.

They're on the wind-up. At least that's what I'm telling to myself for the sake of my own sanity.

Posted
1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

They're on the wind-up. At least that's what I'm telling to myself for the sake of my own sanity.

 

you'd like to think so but you know we've seen enough evidence on here to know better

Posted
9 hours ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers would seem to be the best fit for the direction Puel and the club decided to go in.

Must admit, I’m warming to that conclusion too. I wasn’t keen in the first instance because he came over as such a knob on that Liverpool documentary, but he seems to have the philosophy which matches the club’s direction. 

Posted

I get the feeling that Rodgers would view this job as a stepping stone, at best. He wouldn't want to be here long enough to build anything, and if he did take the job, he would only do to raise his own profile in order to get the next "big" job that comes available. 

 

The two candidates that interest me are Rafa (for obvious reasons) and Eddie Howe. Rafa is experienced, available and pragmatic. Howe would be an interesting hire because his style of play is actually quite similar to Puel's. He squeezes every last drop of talent out of what is a pretty mediocre squad. With a higher class of talent, who knows what he might be capable of.

Guest bss9401
Posted

My vote goes to Michael Appleton until the end of the season. Then maybe even full time if he gets us over 50 points and playing on the front foot. 

Posted
22 hours ago, maddog said:

Celtic have been abysmal in Europe this season and many Celtic fans have showed unrest towards Rodgers due to lack of European progress and poor style of play.

 

I don't know what his football philosophy really is and its definitely not attacking.

 

Don't want him.

His philosophy at Liverpool was rather than Puel's 1 up front dross, he played Sturridge, Suarez, and Stirling. I'm not sure how he would suit us but he is an attacking manager imo.

Posted

I think it'll be Rodgers although Wagner's situation is very convenient. Not sure how I feel about either. Beyond a few obvious names like the aforementioned, Benitez and Dyche etc. not sure where we'd look. Could easily be an unpredictable appointment we weren't expecting. 

Posted

No option for Pearson? 

 

If I was the club I would see what worked previously and get on the phone to Big Nige someone that actually cares about the club and would fit right in

 

:pearson: 

Posted
3 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I get the feeling that Rodgers would view this job as a stepping stone, at best. He wouldn't want to be here long enough to build anything, and if he did take the job, he would only do to raise his own profile in order to get the next "big" job that comes available. 

Howe would be an interesting hire because his style of play is actually quite similar to Puel's. He squeezes every last drop of talent out of what is a pretty mediocre squad. With a higher class of talent, who knows what he might be capable of.

Whether he views us as a stepping stone or not I don't think a season or two (assuming he's not a disaster) of bouncing about between 10th and 7th with us is gonna put him on any 'big' clubs must have list especially seeing as how it ended at Liverpool. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Regarding Howe our squad is in no way vastly superior to Bournemouths and if he did come here he'd either flop big time like at Burnley or just do what he has done at Bournemouth keeping us in the 9th to 13th range combining occasional awesome displays with longish periods of bad form. Not terrible but with the rather undeserved rep he has amongst our fans (based partly on the fact we can't seem to beat him) and the entitlement some of our fans now have he wouldn't last long.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...