AyewJoking Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Rodgers from that list and probably the best realistic target.
oxford blue Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 I think it will depend on when a new manager is appointed. There will be a restricted field if the owners want to appoint a permanent manager now. Names sich as Benitez and Lampard would be ruled out. Given that Celtic are unlikely to come any position other than Champions, I think it would be possible to get Rodgers in now; he has achieved all he can. I am not sure whether any of the immediately avilable managers will be best for the club longer term (although the first priority is to ensure we are not in arelegation battle - only City &2 other clubs ahve not won since 1st Jan).
Jakewilk Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Neil Lennon, wouldn’t mind seeing how he got on managing us.
urban.spaceman Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Brendan, cos I’ve got a tenner on that too.
Foxboy Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Would anyone be interested in OGS if Man Utd decide not to make him permanent? Just a suggestion however I do think Man Utd will keep him on. Obviously wouldn't be available until the summer either.
sheffield_fox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 What I would like and what we seem to get have been two different things for a long time. I could see Rodgers holding out for an opportunity at a top six club but hope springs eternal...
Samilktray Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Appointing a manager who’s managing across the border in Scotland feels a bit too exotic for us to do
ThaiFox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Dyche. Lives locally, will not take any bo@@ocks, and will play to our old strengths, as Puel's style of football was so disliked. And welcome back to hoof football.
ThaiFox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 4 minutes ago, lanefox said: The 2 jokers that put pardew It's up to 3 now!
Danizen Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 6 minutes ago, lanefox said: The 2 jokers that put pardew No one's picked Allardyce or Moyes because some things you just don't joke about
UniFox21 Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 9 minutes ago, Foxboy said: Would anyone be interested in OGS if Man Utd decide not to make him permanent? Just a suggestion however I do think Man Utd will keep him on. Obviously wouldn't be available until the summer either. Not sure if he's done a job similar to that of shakey. Done well due to who he is in the club, rather than a stranger coming in and changing the set up
Langston Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 6 minutes ago, Samilktray said: Appointing a manager who’s managing across the border in Scotland feels a bit too exotic for us to do A manager in work as well, what a treat
AKCJ Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 I think Rogers would get the fans onside and would play attacking football full of flair but we'd have a soft touch and we'd blow hot and cold. Rafa would also get the fans onside but we'd be more pragmatic and solid but it perhaps wouldn't be as exciting to watch. I'd have either. Both are massive Puel upgrades.
surrifox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Hope I’m wrong but appoint anyone on that list and we’ll be setting the satnav for Bristol City and Brentford for the 2020/21 season
Mike Oxlong Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 19 minutes ago, lanefox said: The 2 jokers that put pardew Not jokers That’s Alan and his mum
Foxboy Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said: Not sure if he's done a job similar to that of shakey. Done well due to who he is in the club, rather than a stranger coming in and changing the set up I think he has been massively under rated in the job he's done though. No one seems to talk about his tactics, its always "the players are happy" and "he knows the club" but he has made tactical changes in games that have helped united to win. Paul Ince did an interview where he said he could have done what OGS has done which is the biggest joke I have ever heard.
420Hashish Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 TBH, Jose Mourinho wouldn't be a bad choice if the club's interested......... A lot of people complained about Puel's boring press conferences, so Mourinho would make it more exciting for those people.
Robin JD Popley Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Brendan Rodgers. I think he has got to be our first choice target.
Old Fox Posted 24 February 2019 Posted 24 February 2019 Dyche, Martinez and Moyes in that order for me...…. Rodgers tactically struggled at Liverpool whilst would he really leave Celtic - like Benitez I think it very unlikely.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.