Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is a step on, well done JR.

Part of my frustration with Puel is that i knew we could do better and i think BR is just that.

Many of us were of the opinion (informed or not) that puel would survive until someone better became available. of course the tragedy of last autumn changed any immediate plans that were perhaps in place ………. i wonder if BR was unwilling to consider jumping ship until they had been knocked out of the Europa league ………….   it does seem to be a fairly open secret that he was likely to be our next manager ……...

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

We can't pass. We're unable to break down teams in the final third. This was a pre-Puel problem that Puel couldn't solve. Games like Palace are a great example of teams letting us have the ball around the 18 yard box knowing the shots we take from there probably won't hurt them. We can pass all we want between the CMs in possession. We can add to our possession and total pass stats that way. But when it comes to scoring goals and creating chances those stats say **** all about the quality of the passes we make.

the goal at Wembley shows how to play against packed defences …. draw a player out and stretch the defensive structure - then a quicker pass wide and a fast one two gets you in behind.  i have no idea why we weren't coached better to achieve this.  i could do it with my kids U8's team with a few hours invested ………….

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited about this!

It'll be interesting to see who he brings in this summer! Big coup prizing him away from a club where he could win a treble treble! 

Feel for the Celtic fans, things were close a few weeks ago at the top of the SPL. Hope this doesn't derail their season. 

1 minute ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

First time in a while I’m actually looking forward to going down tonight.

This is biggest plus for all of us. Logging into this site and seeing everyone excited for a change makes a huge change to the last 12 months.

I expect the atmosphere today will be great and will feel as if a cloud has been lifted. I expect the players will be at it too.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is biggest plus for all of us. Logging into this site and seeing everyone excited for a change makes a huge change to the last 12 months.

I expect the atmosphere today will be great and will feel as if a cloud has been lifted. I expect the players will be at it too.

Worst i've seen our fans in a long time this season. Really looking forward to being in a positive atmosphere.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

First time in a while I’m actually looking forward to going down tonight.

Yeah me too...the wife has been ill and , you know, needs must.

Please ignore my posts, i have just got in and have not read the responses. 

Edited by sishades

27 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I'm pretty excited about this!

It'll be interesting to see who he brings in this summer! Big coup prizing him away from a club where he could win a treble treble! 

Feel for the Celtic fans, things were close a few weeks ago at the top of the SPL. Hope this doesn't derail their season. 

I hope it totally F**ks them:D

I do remember Liverpool and Swansea playing at a high tempo, someone correct me if i’m wrong?

It’s hard to know how much is down to the players but at least he seemed to know how to use quick players like Sterling, Dyer and Sinclair, which Puel didn’t.

I find the comparisons between the two managers rather simplistic. Yes they both like to pass the ball, but there’s passing for no reason and with no ideas about how to score (Puel) and then there’s passing at a high tempo and playing with a bit of drive and ambition (which is how I remember Swansea and Liverpool playing).

Puel may have tried to sell us a story of a passing game but actually most of our attacks didn’t involve this - the passing all took place in areas of no danger to the opposition. We rarely scored without outnumbering them on the break or setpieces.

Really Puel’s style is more akin to Pulis or Allardyce. He just told us it was a passing game and people fell for it.