Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

I like it. Concise decision makes it clear we know what we're doing and were not scared to ruffle feathers and take risks to get there. Brendan may come across as a dick, the situation with his ex-wife when his career started to take off, the Brazilian bleach white teeth and the regular cringy quotes you get from him are all offputting. But it's about managing a club, which involves getting along with the players everyday and having the tactical nouse to stay relevent in the game - he seems to have both.

I feared what had happened before when imagining sacking Puel before the summer - get a decent assistant to step in, up turn in results, appoint coach as manager, sack after summer transfer window, repeat. Thank God we're out of that loop and got Brenny off the Hoops.

• Like 1

Yep, on board with this one. He wasn't my first choice. I thought he was a bit toe curling in the pre-season documentary at Liverpool, and he's wasted the past couple of years doing nothing at all ;-)... however he'll be good with the young players, is generally pretty well thought of, and most of all, don't you just have the feeling that we got our frickin' club back?! Come on!

• Like 1

But ain't it funny? People cry "foul" when a bigger, wealthier club tries and twist our hands but celebrate and make fun of clubs that we overpower.

I love this appointment but some of the posts in here come off as a bit hypocritical.

Big bank takes little bank and all that. 

I had the same mentality when Top-6 teams try to bully the club and I will do the same here. 

Good luck for Celtics and hope Brendan gets us European football.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

It reminded me of how I felt when Brian Little left us to go to Villa and when Mark "Judas" McGee left us to go to Wolves. Totally gutted and betrayed!

But today..I'm Loving it! :scarf:

Edited by ultrafox

1 minute ago, the fox said:

But ain't it funny? People cry "foul" when I bigger, wealthier club tries and twist our hands but celebrate and make fun of clubs that we overpower.

I love this appointment but some of the posts in here come off as a bit hypothetical.

Big bank takes little bank and all that. 

I had the same mentality when Top-6 teams try to bully the club and I will do the same here. 

Good luck for Celtics and hope Brendan gets us European football.

Mate, that applies to nearly all of them.

27 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Seems like anyone whose not connected to our club are so naive about the vision... all you get is "sitting 12th" or "just beat Chelsea and Man City", thought these were football fans?! Don't expect them to watch every game but surely they see what's going on.

Nevermind, they're just getting a taste of their own medicine.. That's for MON!!