Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Koke said:

Pundits like Merson still say our identity is counter attack and we don't know how to pass it around. Feck me, these lot are boring. We know how to pass and we have capable ball players. Such a lazy old tired cliche about City 

Merson main job is a football pundit. And what a job it is too. How can you be so sloppy and lazy and keep it?

• Like 1

Very split on this one. Think Rodgers bring a lot of qualities to continue building on the wider project where Puel could not; a manager who brings through youthful talent and focusses on the possession game which is a necessity. He sounds as though he'll be a better man manager and motivator too. 

Despite all that I feel somewhat uneasy. I don't like how it is was reported that we had no replacement lined up and then within 2 days Rodgers is in the door. It feels like we've rushed into it. The fact he wasn't lined up could be pure speculation mind and acting quickly might have been the right approach. It's a massive managerial appointment for us and I hope we've made the right decision.

Just now, LCCFox96 said:

Very split on this one. Think Rodgers bring a lot of qualities to continue building on the wider project where Puel could not; a manager who brings through youthful talent and focusses on the possession game which is a necessity. He sounds as though he'll be a better man manager and motivator too. 

Despite all that I feel somewhat uneasy. I don't like how it is was reported that we had no replacement lined up and then within 2 days Rodgers is in the door. It feels like we've rushed into it. The fact he wasn't lined up could be pure speculation mind and acting quickly might have been the right approach. It's a massive managerial appointment for us and I hope we've made the right decision.

Or it means the club has had one eye on the door for Puel for a while. Watch the players put in a massive performance tonight

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

He's been lined up for a long time.

The "we didn't plan any of this" was just good PR to not make us look like shits for tapping up a manager a couple of months after our owner had died and Puel had handled it all so well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

just cant win with some people...... if we drag things out and take an age to appoint someone people moan...... if we act swiftly then some still moan       only Leicester fans lol

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Or it means the club has had one eye on the door for Puel for a while. Watch the players put in a massive performance tonight

Quite possibly, as I said it could have been pure speculation no-one was lined up. He's a predictable appointment but an interesting one at the same time. Looking forward to getting to the game tonight!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

If the players somehow go out and perform wonders tonight, that speaks far more about them than it does about Puel. That said, much depends on the manner in* which we play. We could go out and tonk them 4-1 and it might not look all that different from what we did on Saturday.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

Just now, MIAMI_FOX said:

just cant win with some people...... if we drag things out and take an age to appoint someone people moan...... if we act swiftly then some still moan       only Leicester fans lol

I'm not moaning mate. I said I felt uneasy, I even listed a bunch of positives to his appointment. Don't give me 'some people'.

6 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

To turn this around so quickly suggests to me this has been lined up for some time.

Puel was gone at Wolves, plain to see, plans will have started by then, if not sooner.

Yes like in the summer is when I read this somewhere, something along the lines of City are prepared to give Puel another season and some money to spend but if it goes wrong then they will have a plan B in place and turn to Rodgers.....

2 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'm a bit 'meh' about the appointment. I'm thankful we didn't go for Pardew, Hughes, Allardyce etc. The other part of me just can't get excited about someone who trophies in Scotland.

Who would you preferred?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grth2004 said:

Who would you preferred?

Peter Reid or 

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Benitez. 

then people would have been moaning about how defensive he sets his team up.    Rodgers will have us playing possession BUT with good attacking intent unlike Puel.

40 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Any idiot with a coaching badge can win that league with Celtic, they'll be fine

Exactly. I can't understand this kind of we should feel bad for Celtic thing from some people. What about when they took Martin O Neill on from us or when they signed Lennon both of which played a part in us getting relegated and very nearly not having a club anyone. I don't remember much sympathy towards us nor would it be expected. It's football. Same as when a bigger club comes in and takes one of our players. It's annoying and disappointing but we just have to suck it up and get on with it as it's the way the game is now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

Exactly. I can't understand this kind of we should feel bad for Celtic thing from some people. What about when they took Martin O Neill on from us or when they signed Lennon both of which played a part in us getting relegated and very nearly not having a club anyone. I don't remember much sympathy towards us nor would it be expected. It's football. Same as when a bigger club comes in and takes one of our players. It's annoying and disappointing but we just have to suck it up and get on with it as it's the way the game is now.

Peter Taylor could win trophies in the SPL for fack sake

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, weller54 said:

My next door neighbour's cat's best mate could manage Celtic and win the league. 

And with the cat acing as the assistant manager, he/she/it would win the treble!

It's ugly to snatch a manager from other club mid-season.. that said, well done to Top for acting so quickly. 

5 minutes ago, MIAMI_FOX said:

Peter Reid or 

then people would have been moaning about how defensive he sets his team up.    Rodgers will have us playing possession BUT with good attacking intent unlike Puel.

Are you sure about that? Plenty of Celtic fans had already mentioned his style is similar to Puel's but overcoming it with a squad and budget on a different level to the opposition. Don't get me wrong, I'll support him 100% but I really struggle to see winning the Scottish league with Celtic as a massive achievement for anyone over the last few years. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE