Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'm a bit 'meh' about the appointment. I'm thankful we didn't go for Pardew, Hughes, Allardyce etc. The other part of me just can't get excited about someone who inevitably won trophies in Scotland.

Alex Ferguson won trophies in Scotland and didn't do to badly when he came to England

• Like 1

Had a right laugh reading on Celtic’s forum lol I sympathise somewhat, but they’re going on like it’s going to make any difference to them. Their football leagues are an absolute joke, they have no competitor, no risk, no point.

Year on year getting bullied in Europe, why do they even bother with football up there? 

54 minutes ago, Koke said:

Pundits like Merson still say our identity is counter attack and we don't know how to pass it around. Feck me, these lot are boring. We know how to pass and we have capable ball players. Such a lazy old tired cliche about City 

the point is that people generally only see us play against the bigger sides where we do usually have to counter attack

We have been linked with him a lot in the last year, couple that with the ITK's saying Rodgers was open to joining come the end of the season and it's clear that this had already been breached before and finally we have seemingly had a plan. All too often we've binned managers and then started the recruitment process, which might be how it works in most businesses but often unwise in team sport.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We have been linked with him a lot in the last year, couple that with the ITK's saying Rodgers was open to joining come the end of the season and it's clear that this had already been breached before and finally we have seemingly had a plan. All too often we've binned managers and then started the recruitment process, which might be how it works in most businesses but often unwise in team sport.

This is a step on, well done JR.

Part of my frustration with Puel is that i knew we could do better and i think BR is just that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Can’t wait for him to breathe live back into this club. Hopefully there are no hiccups or late changes of heart and everything gets done 

I'd say it's already done and dusted considering Celtic have more or less confirmed Lennon on an interim basis. It will just be PR prep delaying it.

However, we are LCFC so until he's seen with our scarf we should be cautious lol

• Like 1

Can’t wait for the yearly pre-season friendly with Celtic now, dubbed the Brendan Rodgers Derby, where both teams compete to win a pork pie and a 2L bottle of Irn Bru....a la Forest and Derby and their weird little Cloughy cup 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Pundits like Merson still say our identity is counter attack and we don't know how to pass it around. Feck me, these lot are boring. We know how to pass and we have capable ball players. Such a lazy old tired cliche about City 

We can't pass. We're unable to break down teams in the final third. This was a pre-Puel problem that Puel couldn't solve. Games like Palace are a great example of teams letting us have the ball around the 18 yard box knowing the shots we take from there probably won't hurt them. We can pass all we want between the CMs in possession. We can add to our possession and total pass stats that way. But when it comes to scoring goals and creating chances those stats say **** all about the quality of the passes we make.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Had a right laugh reading on Celtic’s forum lol I sympathise somewhat, but they’re going on like it’s going to make any difference to them. Their football leagues are an absolute joke, they have no competitor, no risk, no point.

Year on year getting bullied in Europe, why do they even bother with football up there? 

On top of that, karma. They took MON so now it's our turn!!!

• Like 1